It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late Night Phone Calls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This really wouldn't be the case of EVP. Non-physical entities use technology as a medium, they do not manipulate it.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If someone is calling from a calling card it will show on ID as a private number. Could have been just a caller calling a wrong number. If you try to return the number or if checked who called it will say that the call was made from a card and can not recieve a call. Just a thought from my expieriance.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I know who it was....I did it. I called your phone at 1:40am, cuz I'm lonely sitting here in ATS around that time. I searched you out through the ATS directory & found your number.

Kidding dude...lol. Just had to lighten the mood. Kind of an odd time to receive a prank phone call, or whatever it was.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
The power company around here calls when they plan an outage. It's usually done at the late hours too...

To add, it's usually done 4-5 hours in advance, not several minutes.

Wow! I want that power company!
Around here it's, "Screw the customers, throw the switch Joe!"

My "paranormal" experience with electronic devices was this guy with an urban accent coming through my computer speakers that said, "Yeah, that's what mamma would've done". I was typing a reply on ATS at the time. Probably sound pick-up from CB or other wireless phone/radio device.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow, I didnt really expect any response, just thought it was an interesting story. Ill try to answer some questions for you all.

First off, I did not happen again last night. It has never happened before. And for the record, I don't really think it was paranormal. I just think it was weird, and it spooked me.

Someone made a statement about telemarketing. In PA, which is where I live, telemarketers are not permitted to make late night phone calls like that. I think they are allowed to call until 9pm.

Now, I am engaged, with a girl who doesnt exactly live with me, though she stays sometime, and that night included. I know what you mean about that being scarier than something paranormal. Im highly doubt its the case though.

I would be inclined to think that in all honesty it was some drunken moron bozo with the wrong number coincedentally calling right before a short power outage. My voicemail has my name on it like I said. You would figure that they would call once, and figure they dialed the number wrong. Then call again, realizing that they had written a wrong number down. The third call could only be related to drunken moronedness (made that up).

Good thought about the power company calling. If it was long term as far as the outage, I would agree there with the exception of the private number. I just doubt they would call for a couple minutes. Especially that late at night. It was snowing and icy out, which makes it more likely for a power outage to occur anyway.

I just thought this was interesting and at the time I was spooked. I thought maybe my fiance brought home trouble at first (it was late and I was trying to rationalize), and after a while laying in bed I started to feel like it may have been paranormal. I was actually imagining scenerios with ghosts in my head. Something I never do. (I'm a serious skeptic.) It just made for a very spooky night.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
Someone made a statement about telemarketing. In PA, which is where I live, telemarketers are not permitted to make late night phone calls like that. I think they are allowed to call until 9pm.

That's a federal regulation...not that I was a telemarketer in my past or anything
. Okay okay I was, I admit it. Let the hate begin.

Now, I am engaged, with a girl who doesnt exactly live with me, though she stays sometime, and that night included. I know what you mean about that being scarier than something paranormal. Im highly doubt its the case though.

I highly doubted it was the case after 5 years of a good marriage...

I would be inclined to think that in all honesty it was some drunken moron bozo with the wrong number coincedentally calling right before a short power outage. My voicemail has my name on it like I said. You would figure that they would call once, and figure they dialed the number wrong. Then call again, realizing that they had written a wrong number down. The third call could only be related to drunken moronedness (made that up).

That's a good one, I've fielded a few drunking people calls myself. Some were entertaining, others a wasted interruption.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I would just like to say that i have been through alot of "paranormal things" and that this is typical behavior of e.v.p if you wish to state what you think it is please do so but leave what others think out of it.
[edit on 22-12-2005 by toraylin]

[edit on 22-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hello! weird happenings ...yikes...kinda glad I don't have a cell phone.
If Santa is reading this ...ummm no thanks to a cell phone ok?

I am posting on this thread to inform the readers, that I have given Council applause to Saint4God and to Toraylin...for the adult manner in handeling what could have becaome a name calling nasty internet arguement thread. I LOVE to see people being adults and owning there own part in any missunderstanding.....I am WATCHING for this kind of good board behaviour and I will reward people for acting in this manner. Good job you two grown up people able to have a small misunderstanding and move right along! YEY!!!!

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you!!
Happy Hollidays to us all!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That was most kind of you theRivergoddess, I appreciate ya!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join