It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late Night Phone Calls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, I will try to make this short.

Last night, my cell phone woke me up at 1:40 AM. I was asleep when it started ringing, and didn't even bopther to get up and answer it. I figured that if it was important they would call again. Then, about 30 seconds later it rang again. This time I was worried. I got up and walked to the phone. I got there just as it finished ringing. I checked the caller ID, and it said "P". Private number. I checked the missed calls for the one that I missed, and it was private as well. I was kinda worried, but I figured the person would leave a message or call back if it was important.

I waited for a minute or so, and started to walk back to bed. It was strange because just as I got back into my room, it rang again. I ran to it this time, and got to it with time to answer. When I did, it was a hang up.

I went from "worried that something was wrong" to "freeking ticked off" in a hurry. So, I went back into bed, taking the phone with me. As soon as I layed down, the power went out. This caused me to go from "freeking ticked off" to "pretty scared". I don't usually get freaked out by anything, but this time I was. I checked my house. I checked outside in the snow for foot prints. Nothing. The power came on. I reset my alarm clock and tried to sleep.

This morning I was thinking about it, and how it really shook me up. It takes a lot to rattle me, at least I think. I could see someone calling once with the wrong number, and maybe again twice. But my voicemail has my name on it, and calling the third time after hearing that is unlikly. What are the chances that the power would go out like that as well...

If the phone had never rang, I wouldn't have been able to reset the alarm clock. I don't know. It was just strange. I had some crazy thoughts running through my head while I tried to get back to sleep. Thoughts that I don't usually have.

Well, I just thought it was puzzling. Probably a big coincedence considering I doubt I have any "hits" out on me. Maybe someone has had a similar experience.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's pretty strange, I'd see if it happens again tonight, around the same time.

Has this ever happened before?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
we had a few phone calls like thatif i remember correctly it was a computer at businesses that rang houses randomly and when you picked them up they either hung up or went silent

just a thought

Neutrino

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Normally I would say this is the probable work of telemarketers; they phone your house repeatedly using an automated calling system, when you pick up your phone an automatic signal is sent to their main computer network which says whether your phone number is active or not. Once they have the information that your phone number is in use they will probably start calling you with sales offers and the like.

But the thing that gets me is the power outage and how coincidently it occured at the same time you got into bed. Now this is just a theory, but perhaps it was your local electricity provider calling to inform you that they might be shutting down the power temporarily? But I see no reason why they would, exactly.

The only instances I have heard of such bizarre calls is after a family member dies. Do you have the slightest idea of who could have possibly called you that night?

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Put the cellphone in bed with you tonight. I doubt it will happen again, but just in case...

It was probably someone with nothing better to do- If its a prank, it will continue. You know it doesnt necessarily mean anything bad. Just pranks.
Pick up the phone and scream loudly into it...they wont hang up, they will wait and then YOU tell them off.

BTW, my phone is always in bed with me.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.csicop.org...
www.prairieghosts.com...

It sounds like it might be a case of E.V.P
Do you live in a town city or in the country.E.V.P or electronic voice phenomena,is where ghosts or spirits(whatever you want to call them)
interfear with the person through electronic devices.This can be from
images on television screens,creepy telephone calls to even turning out the power.Now these types are usually middle high class poltergiests
this means that they are more of a energy ghost that would affect an entire room throwing things or making the walls bleed or what ever.
Based on the events that you told of.It seems that something is trying to get your attention.This could be for a number of reasons has anyone you know gone missing?,anyone in the area?Any deaths in your area.Have you done any kind of spiritual work lately?Pissed anyone off.Just move?There are many reasons why this could be occuring.This entity was trying to talk to you,it called three times.The reason is unknown to me but know this when you failed to comply with what it wanted it turned your power off.That is not really good.If it is strong enough to do such things its probably strong enough to do some damage too.Although i wouldnt worry too much.If you are afraid of it then you will not be able to do much for it.
so get some protection for me amythist has always made me feel courage
but that is what i use them for.If the ghost hasnt moved on due to your inability to help or unrest with its presence.It will contact you again look for the things i told you also radios going out of frequency.Aswell as other poltergiest type behavior moving or falling objects you will always be near to hear it or the object will be found where you normally reside in within your house.if you do happen to watch t.v. this is the most popular method of study with such cases.the problem with most activity and being able to study it is that such things are often ridiculed and not taken seriously.One thing i have to say to all is that we are like open books throwing our thoughts and feelings out into the world for all that can see them to wsee.Most animals can sense this action aswell as sense ghosts and other things.A good way to determine whether this thing is around wopuld to find a cat(they are the most sensitive)and lwt it walk around for a few days youll know soon enough.If you do live in a town or city it might be the doing of others you might want to cleanse your house and look into protection.But if you live in the country(or even in the former)Be careful you do not want to personally deal with these things.Many times people come out worst off trust me...

[edit on 19-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
how quick people are to jump to conclusions. Neutrino sounds like a best bet so far but I have another theory.

Do you have anyone in the house who is hiding a boyfriend/girlfriend? Are you married? Do you have kids? "Oh hunny, if someone else answers, just hang up". Yeah, that's even scarier than an EVP believe me.

How long have you had your present phone number? Have you gotten wrong numbers before? "Hello, Home Depot? Can you transfer me to lumber?"

Just some more things to consider.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey im just giving informatioin man i didnt say anything on what i thought
not to say anything back but you seem quick to jump to conclusions yourself...could be anything..This is the paranormal board after all.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I didn't mean offense toraylin, just offering possibilites. I think only after ruling out the human element can we explore paranormal indicators, but my perspective and I'll close my trap. I know how much we all enjoy a good ghost story around here

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i too apologize talking about this stuff makes me feel.....well
u know a bit weird.I had to stop for a few days cause i was going nuts
lol.....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Why not just turn your phone off at night, if you don't expect anybody to call at 1 am, and have no intention of answering it? :\ I dunno.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Why not just turn your phone off at night, if you don't expect anybody to call at 1 am, and have no intention of answering it? :\ I dunno.

Ya. If it rings while unplugged, then you KNOW it's paranormal!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was going to mention the electric company idea, however I figured that they probably wouldn't call at 1am, or keep trying. With the power going out, and it happening due to the proximity of you to your bed, I'd have to say it's a little more than just "odd". That doesn't exactly have to mean its paranormal, but it does show good cause for further investigation.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sounds to me more like someone(alive) was trying to get ahold of someone in your house. Sounds like they purposefully blocked their number and called until a person picked up. Their reasoning I don't know.

I would be more suspicious of something other than paranormal though. Our power flickers on and off here alot. With the energy demand for heat right now, it may have just been a temporary thing

I doubt the power company 1) has the manpower to call all the customers and 2) cares to call the customers if they have a power outage

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The power company around here calls when they plan an outage. It's usually done at the late hours too...

To add, it's usually done 4-5 hours in advance, not several minutes.

[edit on 12/19/2005 by JBurns]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The same goes for me, too. Yet they don't call from a private number.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is a good point, on the caller ID, it probably would have shown up as their Business name. That's a really strange event, and most likely won't occur again. Do you remember ANYTHING else about it? Even if it's just some obscure little detail..

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
ANYTHING is prone to be a good reason for the incident of a paranormal event, details would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Touching back on EVP that a previous poster brought up, just what are the extents of a "Spirits" influence on electronic devices? I've had several experiences where my TV will flicker on and off faster than anyone could possibly do it with a remote or manually - and I had the remote in my hand, alone at the time.

I've also had experiences of my alarm clock being set to 2am that has happened several times, and I couldnt ever figure why, if it was a power outage, it wouldn't go off at all, much less at 2am each time. I know for a fact that it isn't my family because believe, I vigorosly interrogated each one of them
and they know how important it is for me to get up on time for classes.

Like I've said, I've heard of EVP and interaction between spirits and technology, but I was wondering if these few events could possibly be paranormally influenced, or if Im just plain old bonkers!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thinking from a paranormal stand point it could easily of been someone trying ot contact you from the other side and when you didnt pick up they gave you a bigger msg but then again the power company doing a power outage is as logical also. Paranormal can be easily explained away sometimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join