It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Space Tourism bring about an increase in UFO sightings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
With Space Tourism on the verge, will more UFO's be observed upclose. Many astro and cosmonauts have reported seeing UFO's on missions, but have been discouraged from speaking about it by their governments. Since Virgin Galactic is a private company, with private citizens utilizing private video equipment, there can be no repercussion for reporting sightings.

Maybe that's why VG is building their base in Roswell NM. Maybe Richard Branson has a plan to get as close as possible to known UFO hotspots. I guess we can only wait to find out.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I actually thought this too when I was reading about this. I'm sure if you are going to pay thousands of dollars, you are going to bring a video/digicam along for the flight. It will be interesting to see if more sightings come from this.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
UFO - Unidentified Flying Object.... mmm of course there will be MASS sighting of UFO's. Why? Debris.... There are currently well over 9,233 objects being tracked by NORAD Space Command. Over 6,000 of those being refuse from rockets, and that was over a year ago.

Yes there will be a lot of objects to see.

[edit on 12-19-2005 by wetwarez]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Many astro and cosmonauts have reported seeing UFO's on missions, but have been discouraged from speaking about it by their governments.

Most, if not all astronaught UFO sightings have been verified as space junk, ice, insulation etc. Even Shepards "Fireflys" were explained. It was his urine.

Theres not much chance of seeing something that isnt actually there.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
UFO sightings have been on the rise since the 60s. Most of what we hear are people jumping to conclusions without looking into facts.

Yes, there will be more UFOs sightings.

But i highly doubt they would have anyhting to do with "aliens" unless some illegal mexican smuggled on board a virgin galactic flight

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Personally, I think that the only ones we're told about are the ones proven false. Either that or they are made to look that way. Since that is a matter of speculation, I'll let that one go. It will be an pivitol point on either side. without the government filter.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ok... i know i'm going to be a little contraversial here but here i go anyway....

Of course we will see more u.f.o sightings, simply because there will be more space traffic and therefore more potential opportunities to see these objects.....

I believe you have to be pretty darn closed minded to not admit the reality of u.f.o's, therefore with an increase in the amount of space travel an increase in these sightings is inevitable.....

I relate it to the giant squid phenomena. The existance of the squid was often doubted, simply because of the depths of the water the squid lived in, and our infrequent endevours to explore that environment...once our technology and ability to explore these environments more readily increased, the supporting video footage emerged and the long doubted legend of the giant squid has been substantiated.

I believe the same will happen in outer space.

new topics

top topics

join