It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever seen frost form like this??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sunday morning I woke up and decided to open the blinds in my bedroom to let the sunshine in. First I open the right side and a beautiful frost formation was made over last nights. It was pretty formation it sort of looked like giant snowflakes. If you have never seen frost on a window, that is a pretty normal formation. After looking at the right side for a while I decided to check out the left side. I opened up the blinds and I seen a frost formation that I have never seen before. I think it looks incredible. I took some pictures

Photo bucket automaticly resizes the images so I have also made some cropped sections that are at full-res.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I thought it looked very cool and I hope you all enjoy looking at it

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe it froze around the pattern on your blinds? Theres no way frost would form naturally like that

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That is a very interesting picture(s).

You know what it reminds me of?
It reminds me of "tubes/tunnels" found on Mars.

www.unarius.org...

I wonder what causes that pattern to form?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just a guess, but it may be uneven densities or impurities in the glass, causing minute tempeture differences that cause the water vapor to freeze at different rates.

Just a guess though....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here are photos of my window for reference.

Blinds shut.

Blinds open.

The window is made of sliding panes. Two on the outside and two on the inside.
The frost forms on the outside pane.
The strange formation forms at the bottom right corner of the left side window pane.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You might have a draft going out the window. The heat would cause the frost to melt, then refreeze in wierd patterns. I have an old drafty window in my house that does something quite similar to that.

The best way to tell, is when the frost melts, it'll melt in that area first, then spread out from there

[edit on 12/19/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
QuietSoul, that sounds logical to me.

I did do a search on the net for similar formations. I found two images that looked like what I have. Both of the photos owners were as confused as I am

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hey Guy, they are truely beautiful but, as Mr Monsoon says, they look like something from Mars.

On closer inspection, I can see what he is referring too but IMHO, they sure do look very much like........................................... tentacles!

And on very much closer inspection - via your very big picture, the tentacles appear to have a simple root system that is spreading across your window.

Do they extend over the outside brickwork where you live?

Is this another elaberate hoax? Have you been drawing 'ice-circles' on yer windows with an airbrush?

Nice pics though.

Hey Atomix, they do and they have! Look at the pics.......... more closely.:shk:

new topics

top topics

join