It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange sensation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:
Ram

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
The weight on chest - Is the nerve-endings being hooked off you..

Just made a spell check.. *Being - And Off..
Not beings..

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Mayet
By the way I don't need to make Steve look bad, hes a big boy, he can do that quite well by himself thanks.

You seem to be in denial so bad, that you solidly beleive there is only one truth and that is paranormal phenomena doesn't exist. You are deluded. If that makes you feel safe and happy, then good for you

I can be fine with that, we could mutually respect each other's beliefs. But it's the insults and the attack, that I find unacceptable. The way you have no open-mindedness or even tolerability for others that don't think like you, unfortunately shows signs of mental illness. It's infected this thread enough. I hope one day you wake up and remember this, until then your on ignore. Have a nice Christmas

By all means use the ignore button. because I am not going to go away. I am also not going to sit here and let people dribble about malicious ghosties without posting my own comments, whether they be interpreted as rude by someone who doesn't like what I have to say and because I speak my mind or not.

Conq and Steve, The general gist is this...

There is only one truth, but your pathway of finding it is different to anyone elses. And that is so.
All sorts of falsehoods and red herrings along the way though to wade through.

Steve, I am still waiting for casper to show up, I made a space for him in my attic. I put a nice snuggly purple cushion up their fo him. Do malicious wee ghosties eat food at all? I suppose he can share Mayday's cat biscuits at a pinch.......

Denials and fear indeed.. I must say you made me day, kept a smile on my face all day it did with just the thoughts or your Irate indignation at my postings.

Serious issues, yeah well I do, Can you fix a clutch in a 4wd drive at all? I sorta need it before christmas so I can take all the kids down to the beach for a BBQ. Man that would be one serious issue out of the way? Oh and can you possibly figure out how to clear up a 40 year old series of photographs so I can see what green man's got in his hand, oh wow now that would be one serious serious issue solved? Hmm other serious issues, well no, the only other bother I have got is figuring out what day and where maydays going to present me with a bunch of cute kittens....oh you mean head issues, ah well my forensic clinical psychiatrist was dicussing that very situation on the couch with me the other day and he said he thinks I am coming along nicely. He says they might even let me to to the jupiter moons for some weekend trips soon. I'm sooo excited. MayeT turned the thread into a battleground? geez where I come from it takes to to Tango and you dance beautifully to it.

Nice posts btw Ram.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Mayet]

mod edit to shorten lengthy quote

[edit on 24-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ignored, what a hopeless and worthless cause. SteveR, as suspected, I again felt nothing today with my brother not being in the house.

Im going to have to ask him and the others if they've been experiencing anything weird. I'll let ya know their responses!

Edit: As soon as I posted this my TV and desk lamp began flickering on and off. This is really friggin creepy now

[edit on 23/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
interpreted as rude by someone who doesn't like what I have to say and because I speak my mind or not.

That is so seriously immature. What you say was interesting in some parts, and I could respect and consider that even if it conflicts with my own beliefs, but after a while it became laughable due to your childish behavior and personal attack. Here's a tip that I'm sure you'd agree with. Go through your whole life with that attitude, and see where it gets you
. But as far as this thread is concerned, your participation just ended. Welcome to our ignore list, pernamently this time.

Conquistadork.. that sounds really weird. Let me know what you find out

[edit on 23/12/05 by SteveR]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My Lord, Mayet. I cannot believe that you would actually have the audacity to personally attack a fellow ATS member and attempt to drag him in some senseless debate on who is giving the more bona fide advice. The mockery in your recent post is apalling. You were basically sending the message that all individuals with a belief in spirits are ignorant fools, and I find that rather insulting.

Now, with all hostility aside, the feeling that I was being watched last night was very strong. I basically felt that I could not be safe within my own home, that some negative energy was leering through my window. Steve, I know before you mentioned protection, how can I do it? What materials do I need?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Majestic, good reply to Mayet
. Couldn't have put it better myself.

As for protection.. since there's many different ways, it would help to pick out the best way for you, that you'd be the most comfortable with, and find the most effective. So first, let me ask you, do you have any religious beliefs at all? What kind of things did you do during your experimentation with the occult? Just need a general idea.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Majestic, good reply to Mayet
. Couldn't have put it better myself.

As for protection.. since there's many different ways, it would help to pick out the best way for you, that you'd be the most comfortable with, and find the most effective. So first, let me ask you, do you have any religious beliefs at all? What kind of things did you do during your experimentation with the occult? Just need a general idea.

Thanks, I just have an intolerance for people who express hostility for foolish reasons.

To answer your question, yes I do have religious beliefs. I am a follower of Christianity and I am open to all religions. When I was tampering with the occult, I frequently meditated, read about and prayed to the Goddess, and casted what simple spells I could. I never messed with invocation nor any sort of demon scripts such as the Lesser Key of Solomon for fear of the negative energy it might bring upon me. For a while I regarded Paganism as my religion.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well here are the results of my questioning:

I'll only be using nicknames, as Im not sure as to how they'd feel about me using their real names.

"Jeepers": When we were there, it definetely felt like we were doing a bad thing. At the time, I didn't say anything because I was having fun and didn't want to ruin the moment, but yeah, ever since then I've felt like someones been following me, especially when I'm walking home from school or down the street.

"Spook": I can't honestly say I felt anything while we were there or afterwards, I'm not saying that ghosts dont exist, I just haven't felt anything to be honest. It was just good honest fun and exploring!

Brother: Aside from that one time I told you about when I saw the shadow in the bathroom I haven't really felt or noticed anything out of the ordinary.

To elaborate on the shadow:
It was late at night, and I was still attending high school. My brother got up from sleep to go use the bathroom, which is right around the corner from our room. I'm sure you've all experienced this, you're in a deep sleep and wake up to go take a tinkle or whatever it may be, and you sleepily stumble into the bathroom to do your buisness. My brother came back in the room shaken, not neccessarily frightened, but visibly shaken, and he swore he saw what looked like an infatile or very young shiloutte. Perhaps even creepier, is how he described the way it unfolded.

He looked into the bathroom, and went to go push the door when he felt a sudden burst of air rush through the hall. He figured the window was open, and opened the bathroom door. He swear he saw the "shadow" move very quickly across the bathroom, followed by what he distinctly fingered as a baby or small child crying. He turned around and came straight back to the room, and used the bathroom downstairs instead.

At the time, I thought nothing of it. This was long before our graveyard adventure. Now with all of this knowledge at my fingertips, I'm far more inclined to look into this!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You're a beleiver in Christianty.. for the purposes of protection methods that's very good. You can tap into alot of energy. Now we've narrowed the possibilities down, I'd recommend you to use Derek Acorah's protective ritual. This one will have a blanket effect covering you from other types of negativity problems.

CONDUCTING A CANDLE RITE

Simply follow this step by step guide to conducting a candle rite and you will protect yourself and others from any psychic attack.

EQUIPMENT:

* Four white candles.
* Three green candles.
* A white sheet.
* A bowl of water.
* A bowl of salt.

1. Place the white sheet on a table or other flat surface.
2. Sprinkle a little water over this sheet.
3. Sprinkle a little salt over this sheet.
4. Place the four white candles in a straight line approximately twelve inches apart.
5. Place the three green candles in a straight line slightly in front of the white ones, they should be approximately six inches apart.
6. Sit in a high-backed chair facing the candles and light them.
7. You should be no more than 24 inches from the row of green candles, seated in an upright position facing them.
8. Now repeat aloud the following prayer of invocation:

Dear God I pray that you will protect me from harm, from evil and from all thoughts of wickedness that may be directed against myself or those that I love.

Dear God I pray that you will wrap my body and the bodies of my family and all who live in this house in the protective cloak of your eternal love.

Dear God please disperse the evil energy and thoughts that may have been directed against all those living within this house.

9. Repeat the above seven times, each time looking closely into the flames of the candles.
10. Having completed this ritual close with a prayer of your own choice. Or you may use the following:

Dear God thank you for hearing my prayers. Please forgive those that would trespass against members of my family and myself. Please bring peace and understanding to those who would spitefully use me. And allow me to live in the protection and love of your eternal light now and forevermore.

You have now completed the ritual cleansing of your home and any negative energy that was present will be dispersed.

There it is, do it with belief and meaning, and you'll tap into positive energy which will aptly be directed for your protection and wellbeing, spiritually. Hope this helped.
www.psychicworld.net...

*mod edit to add link*

[edit on 24-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Outstanding!

Thank you, Steve.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well Conquistadork, I read through this entire thread, and as you mentioned, there are, if not exactly information per se, at least a very diversified arena of opinions, hypotheses, etc.....

I also, shortly after I joined, posted a thread asking something about where do we go when we sleep? It only got a few replis, but many of them also referred to the "sleep paralisis". I had never heard of it at the time, and so, I pretty much believed it. Although my problem I was having was quite different from yours. I still have it BTW, it is the fact that my hearing is quite good. And if an alarm goes off while I'm awake, I find it to be very loud and annoying. The same for any obnoxious sould. Even if it's not loud. But, if I'm asleep, the very same noises could happen, and I have no clue about them. The worsrt effect that it has had on my life (and still does), is the fact that if I have to be somewhere in the morning and I set an alarm (I have for years made a point to buy the loudest possible ones I can find - it makes no difference) I will not hear that alarm. I am lucky in so far as I usually have someone around who I can trust to wake me up, but if I'm asleep, a whole party could be going on around me without my knowledge. Anyway, this is becoming off-topic.

The reason for my writing it at all, is that for that problem, I was also given basically the same answer - sleep paralysis, and many links to articles, studies, etc.... regarding this phenimina. However, what I was experiencing and what you were experiencing are quite different. But, we basically got the same answer. Which somehow validates Mayet's idea that it is an easy way to explain away just about anything that has to do with sleeping that is not fully understood.

I supposes that when you suggested my reading this thread in response to my question regarding things dissapppearing, and feelings of a "presence" that is not there, there is a correlation in a way, but everything I described happened when I was fully awake.

I can see that many of us have many different strange, and often unexplainable things hapen to us, and much more research needs to be done in order to find out about them. Apparently, there is more perhaps yet unknown about the brain, and also about possible different planes of existence than most people are willing to explore. Out of fear????

Maybe if there are different planes of existence, we are the minority. Maybe we are the ones left befind, and the majority, who we see as the paranormal, is really the normal, and they wonder about us, and they probaly can't see us either...........if of course this could be possible. Just a throry.......

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yaaaah I have my first public ignores, which is great,because I can now post my opinions in this thread without having to worry about self righteous indignation from someone who uses salt in circles to protect themselves from demons. Some holy water may help too, and what else did that priest from the exorcist use? was it garlic, I think ya... garlic wards of those wicked wandering ghosties too. Now its a wooden stake through the heart for a vampire, and a silver bullet for a werewolf. and don't forget when your doing the salt ritual to grab a pinch in your right hand and throw it over your left shoulder otherwise you will have bad luck. Superstition aint it wonderful. Take a mirror with you cos everyone know ghosties have no reflection.. maybe cos they are a reflection of the person themselves and the persons fears...

Yeah Cyber Kat, thats what I find strange, there is a common thread of similiarities between all who report this sensation, some parts of the experience vary from person to person but then some strand together in a common theme. I think the whole "sleep Paralysis" routine needs to be researched deeper, stories correlated and other studies of the people as subjects to find other similiarities outside this experience.

But while its got the "oh its just sleep paralysis" label no ones going to investigate anything.

I do see this mostly in spiritual and people interested in the paranormal, occult, deeper searchings and so on. That is not to say it doesnt happen in ohers, I just havent seen it and this is a subject that has interested me for over 20 years now. My own 18 year old daughter had it happen to her earlier than me and she is also a spiritual seeker and has interest in alternative subjects.

Its interesting what you said about the two sides of humanity, the normals and the classed as alternative. I have thought along those lines often too.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
She just gets worse and worse, talking thinking we can't see what she says. How naive.

I hope you dont raise your daughter as ignorant as yourself, would be a real shame really.

SteveR, any thoughts on the results I've provided?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oh dear see he lied.. he didnt ignore me after all.. curiousity did kill the cat they do say.....

At least if you say your going to do something in life, you really should do it instead of pretending to do it in a fit of self righteousness......

and if a dark practitioner wished to inflict harm they could easily by anyone using that ritual to attempt at protection. True protection must come from within and a dark master will use those fears of evil quite easily to achieve the goals they desire. Faith in yourself so to speak.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Actually I deleted your ignore status in the hopes that you would contribute something useful, but as usual, you pick a fight. Don't know what it is you have against me or the others in the thread, but I'd ask you to grow up and drop it.

[edit on 24/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone.. its a lovely day today..isn't the world so magick.. and wonderful

What I have against people in this thread? you choose to read into things what you wish to ...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i advice a full body scan ..

CT 256
MRI

hi-res
keep a copy of the data on CD/DVD..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If what i think your are implying is right, wouldn't it stand to reason that the results wouldn't show anything.. that if somehow SP sufferers are different in some way that it would be covered up. (stands to reason) I know for one I always have near perfect blood work up, even though I have crohns disease and joint disease. I heal extra quick and have a strong body but as far as I know I have no visible anomalities from others who do not experience these events. I know I am unusual in the way that I use both sides of the brain almost equally, and am left handed, my daughter though is right handed but she uses both sides of brain almost equally too.

There is probably a good set of questions that could be drawn up to ask of people who do suffer this SP

Including questions about how they think and feel, what subjects interest them, what other weird things have they experienced, how is their health, blood type, history of family illness, what bloodlines do they hold (ie - country of origin), what religion is family history, what is their schooling like, what subjects do they excel at or fall down in.. all that kind of stuff to see if there is correlations.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
nay..any anomalies would show up..
even a blur image is useful..

CT 256slice followed by
hi-res MRI

curious mind wans to know..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Do you know of any other people that do show these anomalities? It could probably be well explained away as a genetic defect or brain damge...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join