It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange sensation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I suggest you go and investigate what's out there, then come back

Join an local ghost team, deny your ignorance, and give it a fair logical trial.

For someone who has so many points on ATS you sure do act ignorant and dissmissive. How about listening, and a rational discussion? Is that beyond your capacity? But ya know what it doesn't matter.

The guys that have had real experiences will make their own minds up. I encourage them to investigate and research, rather than solely listen to you or me.

And as I said before, have no fear

[edit on 21/12/05 by SteveR]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As I said before, I have no real solid faith that I practice, never have, I always dismissed them as tools used by those who wish to further their goals by instilling the fear of an afterlife full of pain and misery in their subjects unless they follow what their grand and wise leaders say.

I am not as impressionable as you make me out to be Mayet, I simply find all of the information SteveR, and yourself have provided to be of true interest and worthy of further investigation. Simply because I'm interested in an alternate answer to things that I don't fully understand I am not about to go out and begin practicing all sorts of these magics that have been touched upon.

I understand that you are looking out for my best interests, but in his own way, so is SteveR, and I said before I am very appreciative for all the information and concern both of you have put forth. Just because SteveR says I might be under attack by ghosts I'm not going to go out and hire a wiccan to cast a spell on my house to keep me safe. Likewise, just because you tell me the only thing to fear in life are other living people I am not going to go out and buy a home security system to rival that of Fort Knox.

[edit on 21/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
theres something i pushed away from a long time ago.. and that i was.. a shaman. >.<

apparently, i gave up on it, and chose a normal life now..

magick = mana. i think mana = energy?

the energy you can wield and engulf yourself and manipulate it.

you can also deplete it from a section, to "not feel" at a point.
you can also concentrate on one spot, and it will be like, i dont know how to describe it... hot? but like, on a hand, focus it, and its like, you can reach farther...

i cant really recall this, about a few years ago though, so let me try to remember.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
faith also does play a role in it.

believe in what you can do, and confidence builds.
confidence pushes your limits, and gives you growth on what you can do.
deny, and it will be pushed back, and it will hinder.

i guess it just takes practice. i'm assuming these past few nights, i've "willed" to lift my... i dunno what you would call it.. i guess, a shield of energy surrounding your body protecting yourself from weaker stuff.. to find this.. ashtik library or something. its a place where you can gather all this information and such. i guess its like, the internet of the brains.. where all brains conjoin?

also, brains give off a kind a frequency, the same way light and radio waves do. i heard you can amplify these waves, and as well as gravitational waves. if the output brain frequency is double your input, and everyone else's base frequency is different, input = base, i guess people cant telepathically communicate either. but i'm assuming at one point, all roads do cross each other at one point, like they all say. i dont know.. a whole bunch of thinking for a little bit.

edit: akashic library. i think thats closer than before.

[edit on 12/21/05 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I suggest you go and investigate what's out there, then come back

Join an local ghost team, deny your ignorance, and give it a fair logical trial.

For someone who has so many points on ATS you sure do act ignorant and dissmissive. How about listening, and a rational discussion? Is that beyond your capacity? But ya know what it doesn't matter.

The guys that have had real experiences will make their own minds up. I encourage them to investigate and research, rather than solely listen to you or me.

And as I said before, have no fear

[edit on 21/12/05 by SteveR]

Have no fear, haha, but make sure you don't do... and make sure your protected...... and this is what can happen, and this is what the dangers are.....

I am denying ignorance Steve. Big time...Your suggestions are moot and as far as listening is concerned, I have a hard time swallowing poop no matter the wrapping. It's the spirits, they keep making off with my ears, danged poltergiests. ...Wicked spirits who wander and inflict maliciousness on the living... indeed.

I personally love Graveyards, so much history, so much life, so much death, I actually used way back in my youth to take trips to graveyards and spend days studying the graves and just getting into the whole feel of the thing, nights to, I love nights more than days. Haunted houses, well *giggle yeah them ...

My points here have nothng to do with my opinions. Just because I have points does not mean I should think or feel a certain way I am afraid. As said poop is still poop no matter how you dress it up. I do wonder though if spirit who wanders is related to the ghost who walks... hmm

Anyhows Conq, I have had my say, as said hopefully one day when you need it you may remember what was said, hopeully it gave you some HEALTHY food for thought. Meantime I'll let Steve have the floor and let him enthrall with ex paranormal research team member stuff and expert on ghosties wisdom.....
I might drop back in to this thread from time to time though when i feel like a wicked bedtime story.

Its no different from the war on terror, create a threat, feed the fear to the masses, make sure the dangers are lit with firecrackers, enthrall with heroic legends, and bad nasty wicked terrors then you can lead dem dar sheep to anywhere. Man its a minefield of terrors out there.....

and yeah cynical I am today here.... because sprouting posts like that expressed as experienced knowledge is one scary scary thing. I guess cultists the world over are right, people do want to believe in evil and bad and wicked wandering spirits.

Oh and Conq one last thing before I wander off to peruse other threads that fascinate me around here............... pure energy ... is totally different from base ghosties...............but..............................there's always a but isn't there......Puhleese I'd really love a pet casper if someone can arrange it with the ghosties.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't know how inclined I am to believe or even take into consideration the opinion of someone who comes across as rude as you do.

That being said, if you have such a dis-belief of these things why did you even bother coming here? I came here looking for explanations, not witty retorts or the "end all, know all" opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conquistadork
I don't know how inclined I am to believe or even take into consideration the opinion of someone who comes across as rude as you do.

That being said, if you have such a dis-belief of these things why did you even bother coming here? I came here looking for explanations, not witty retorts or the "end all, know all" opinion.

Hey your perfectly allowed to not take anyhing I say into consideration. Ignore my opinion by all means you are most welcome. Be all mortified and hurt at my stance, you are allowed. Its much much easier to swallow a nicely wrapped inviting candy bar than it is a plate of rice.. Which one is healthy for you though.

Which was my point. I can wrap poop in nice pretty words and be all loving towards you but still feed you poop. or I can be cynical when I read a thread that somone is posting pure dribble and misleading information.

If I was going to be rude I would have posted a comment in reply to Steves wandering wicked ghosties that would put a lovely red warn next to my name.

If i have such a disbelief in things? Hmm no I have a disbelief in wrongness and it is not a requirment of ATS or even paranormal studies to believe in wandering ghosties and wicked malicious dead people. I have seen and done some pretty amazing things over the years but slapping down wicked naughty evil poltergeists isn't one of them. That's Steve job, after all he was a real honest to goodness research team member who hunted these wicked ghosties.

I believe in truth but I do understand how hard it is for people to see that truth aspect in life, because the truth is often not wrapped in fluff and pretty ribbons and I understand its easier to believe in anything that anyone says if they are being nice and super friendly about it. Storytellers and fiction writers have such an incredible fan base. Just look at Hollywood, full of gltter, full of stars but its all based on fantasy.

My cynicism is not directed at you by any means. Be all opinion? Once again I'll leave that up to Steve, he professes to know so much about these wicked andering ghosties and the dangers of graveyards, the only real danger in a graveyard is falling into an uncovered plot. Denying ignorance to me is keeping it real, and not posting codswallop.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Your truth isn't my truth, and I think you need to understand that and stop being so defensive about it. You claim that you were only offering opinion - then walk away, and stop making other people look bad by calling their opinions and beliefs silly games and make believe.

I'm hardly hurt or mortified, not all that shocked either, I'm just asking that you show enough respect to offer your opinion and leave it at that, theres no need for the cynicsm and sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

While I don't want to hijack Conquistadork's thread, and argue with you Mayet, I will say this.. if you truly beleive in denying ignorance, then you wouldn't have a rude or dissmissive attitude to anyone who says anything "different" than what you're used to, in your comfortable little world
. Try giving that some thought. I am not preaching fear, I beleive to the best of my knowledge and experience that I am preaching reality. Reality does involve dangers, and many of them. But there are always ways around it, and ways to deal with it. That being said there is nothing to fear.

I used to be like you, but minus the immature rudeness. I didn't beleive in "ghosties" or demons, yet I always felt edgy and afraid when walking into graveyards at midnight. I was open enough to investigate.. and I did rigorously and scientifically before drawing my conclusions. To cut a long story short... now I walk around (in any spooky place) without any fear and with a good sense of confidence. Knowledge illuminates the darkness.

Back to Consquistadork... I appreciate that you have listened to me, and since Mayet is leaving the floor, I'll answer any questions you may have

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks a lot SteveR, couldn't have put that any better myself. It's just a shame some people have to rain on others fun and interests.

I do actually have something I wanted to ask you. Last night, when I got home from seeing Syriana, which was very good in my opinion, I hoped on my computer to visit ATS and talk to a few friends. I went to bed around 3am, the norm for me about now, and I noticed something was distinctly different this time.

I felt no fear or foreboding as I had every other night. I kept asking myself reasons why - and then I realized that my brother had slept over a friends house. When we visited that graveyard at Sagtikos Manor, my brother had kept telling us he had a bad feeling and that we should leave.

What I'm getting at is, are spirits attached to particular people and menace those around them? It really got to me that i felt nothing that night and came to the conclusion that it was because my brother wasnt sleeping at our house, rather he stayed at a friends for the night. It intrigues me and worries me, if these things to attach themselves to particular people, what he could be going through and not telling us.

Ram

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Iv'e tried it through all my life..
I really feel it as - The part of my brain that holds the will to stay awake..Are Out of order during those sessions... Of sleep paralysis..

What i do to wake up - is not to panic.. And i have the exact same thought...like you had

OH NO NOT AGAIN -
I can't control my breathing... It's on Auto-pilot i call it. That is the worst part..That it is like im not breathing..My body are doing that automatic. 1 2 beep out - 1,2 beep in - 1,2 beep out - 1,2 beep in...

One thing that are strange... I can see...!!!
And i never know if my eyes are open or not - Do i control my eyes atleast? i still don't know..i don't think so.,.

Oh - and then there is the 2 way route in that situation...

one way is to know where you are...Can be tricky!!! - Often ones mind don't know where it is... Even though it should be simpel.. But not in sleep paralysis... BUT!!
If you figure out where your "body" are sleeping... Then possibly you can wake up again..!! By imagining nothing is wrong.. And you are in your bed - and no problem to wake up again.

Second way - is... Going the Strerling Airways..Fly out of Body.. Like a fluid soul wandering in neverland... you might be able to see stuff... But it is very possible it's part of your imaginationary wish-thought's...
Best thing is to figure out where your sleeping body is laying..And get back into it.. And you will wake up.. Cause - theres alot of energies outthere.. (long subject too)

The hard part is to struggle...!!! It can take about 5 - 6 minutes of paralysis to get back and wake up.. If you struggle..
Or under a minute if you just find your body position..And get your senses back to Earth again.
The problem is - Body is sleeping - Your wide awake - it seems...

Don't panic... You ain't gonna die - even though it might feel like that, cause your body does not breath as you want it to... But it keeps the body alive while - yea! while we sleep..

Best way to wake up - is to remember your normal sight...Normal mindset..Your normal you. Cause your will is gone...during sleep.. So you must remember your self..

Oh hell - i know to much.

Well - it's the gate to the Astral stuff... And it's huge weird machinery out there... Loads of colors...

It's driven by Will-power... You will to do stuff..Fly about and know and remember your body's position in your nice warm bed.

I could tell much more... Holy crap...
Merry christmas

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Ram]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you'd be willing to Ram I'd really appreciate it. You really described well what I felt and went through, and while what you say makes sense, it is indeed really hard to do, especially if it is your first time experienceing it.

You hit it right on the head when you said it's like you can't control your own body, that scared the living jebus out of me. So much stuff I don't know and wish I did, please share if you would!

Ram

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you'd be willing to Ram I'd really appreciate it. You really described well what I felt and went through, and while what you say makes sense, it is indeed really hard to do, especially if it is your first time experienceing it.

You hit it right on the head when you said it's like you can't control your own body, that scared the living jebus out of me. So much stuff I don't know and wish I did, please share if you would!

Well m8 - it's strange territory..

But it's not forbidden..It's not un-normal... Your just lucky your even able to remember it.
Cause as the center of will is turned off during those event's - so is memory bank to this place.."earth"... Removed.. At a very large scale.

One thing - i myself have managed to do - is to lift my arm a bit - shaking hand... But my will is not functioning..cause it's really bed time...you know. Body want's to sleep...ZZzzz zz zZZzz zzzZZ So it's very hard to lift the arm..
And lately... When i lift my arm during sleep Paralysis... It's freaking transparant...
And that is when i tell myself.. Oh didn't work!! hehe.. And today i have a very very relaxed relation-ship about sleep paralysis.. It's really one of those funny moment's where i wake up... And say.. Well this hand is not transparant..And i hear the buzz of car's outside or just the normal sound of my home...And im awake.

It's 2 worlds... Both are good.. Different functions..

The colors - are not really the magic part... I tell you one i experienced..A magic journey...
Mostly while i lay in bed before sleeping i like to imagine - future computer games or...Drawings..i could make...All kinda crazy hobbies..
In one second i suddently become aware of myself...And i can't move!! LOL*.. Next (this is the magic) - All get's dark...
no need to panic... And BAM!! i was i a huge Long hall... With balconys around...All around...
1.000.000 Angels...Are humming a melody... And the sound of their voices keeps me levitating in the middle of that Big Hall room.. The Sound vibration is so deep - That when i got out of there 6 seconds later...And woke up in my bed..I though WOW!!! holy crap - i just saw a lot of angels singing for me!!! That was awesome experience..

And that is investigation...

And i don't need to see it again...At the moment..It was..Out of this world..

But it opens up to a new interactive game console.. with loads of GigaHertz...

First of all - Just remember where you sleep..Mostly remember your room your house your bed...And you can come back faster that lightspeed..or above

The longest story are the places in dreams.. But that is beound Sleep Paralysis..

This is the other side... Danish Painter.. As close as we get to that place.. visually.

It's a natural thing for human beings..And i go as far as say - Even animals does this stuff without we know it.
Do your investgations.. If you feel like it... The fear is just the seperation from this place..to another.. Not - un-natural.. (loong story) u see..

Ram

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The weight on chest - Is the nerve-endings beings hooked of you..

It can also be done side ways... So you feel it on you right or left side...

What normally cause nerve-endings to freak out - are during accidents...
Or if a handgranate blows up next to you... It feels just as heavy as it can be - but it's the brain that is stimulated to feel like that... It's also very natural..
During the Sleep Paralysis Panic attacks... The feeling of weight will happend if your try to get up..Cause it will affect your nerve-endings in the flesh - and so - in your brain..
It's like trying to crawl out of a sack...you touch the sack-textile - and that illustrates the nerve-endings heavy weight - or can be like someone is actually pushing your...Against your will. When it's actually yourself running the show..
Again - it's all driven by the will...Yourself.. Noone else.
I myself thought in the begining that someone pushed me...But i found out it was the nerve-endings..And it became a joke.. (there might be someone laughing at you (ghosties)... But just be strong - cause you are on a mission...Bigger than anyone else, on the other side... You have actually 2 lives 2 live..And that is much more than those loser-ghost can come up with... Your lifeforce are much stronger... Cause your connected to this Planet... Big mission life is.

But... Again.. It's strange territory. And again we will have the 2 kinda people trying to make sense of it...from 2 different platforms.
Which makes alot of Bla bla bla...

Merry Christmas.. Sleep well

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Your truth isn't my truth, and I think you need to understand that and stop being so defensive about it. You claim that you were only offering opinion - then walk away, and stop making other people look bad by calling their opinions and beliefs silly games and make believe.

I'm hardly hurt or mortified, not all that shocked either, I'm just asking that you show enough respect to offer your opinion and leave it at that, theres no need for the cynicsm and sarcasm.

Why should I walk away? I wasn't aware you had more rights to post here in this thread than anyone else who has a view. Or is it that I have an opposing view and don't swallow the hogwash that is the problem? By the way I don't need to make Steve look bad, hes a big boy, he can do that quite well by himself thanks.

Im not defensive over my opinion, Im not the one calling graveyards bad places and claiming that wicked malicious spirits wander. Please get it right...opinions are one thing, claiming truthes and injecting fears and falsehoods are quite another...

Steve backed you but honest two wrongs still don't make a right.

To the OBEs, Sleep Paralysis and those things, if you had read over ATS you would find I often experience it.... enjoyably too in fact

BTW .. your truth is my truth is your truth.. because there is only one truth..millions of lies and falsehoods but only one truth

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
By the way I don't need to make Steve look bad, hes a big boy, he can do that quite well by himself thanks.

Oh, another rude attack. I would say that's immature, again, but I see now Mayet that you actually have some serious issues.

You know, some people really dislike being afraid... especially of the unknown. So they deny its existance and grow very ignorant. Any open minded person who challenges their denial, gets attacked viciously. These people really don't want anything to upset them in their little comfortable world of denial, and hate it when anyone tries to show them the very things they're hiding from.

You seem to be in denial so bad, that you solidly beleive there is only one truth and that is paranormal phenomena doesn't exist. You are deluded. If that makes you feel safe and happy, then good for you

I can be fine with that, we could mutually respect each other's beliefs. But it's the insults and the attack, that I find unacceptable. The way you have no open-mindedness or even tolerability for others that don't think like you, unfortunately shows signs of mental illness. It's infected this thread enough. I hope one day you wake up and remember this, until then your on ignore. Have a nice Christmas

Conquistadork, I hope you understand I had to reply to that. I'm sorry for letting Mayet turn your thread into a battleground, but that should be over now

[edit on 22/12/05 by SteveR]

[edit on 22/12/05 by SteveR]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That's where you're wrong, there is no one truth. Your truth is certainly not mine, I'm pretty sure we made that clear enough. I don't have a problem with you sharing your opinions, what I have a problem with is your childish behavior and calling the things that we hold interest in as games and silliness.

It's downright rude, and if you can't see that then it's a shame. I'm pretty sure that if you looked the whole thing through neither of us claimed these to be absolute truths, rather alternative explanations for things that would've otherwise been written off as the way you describe them.

You're the one that goes from post to post with this unreasonable belief that your opinion is the one and only truth.

Let's hope so SteveR, regardless we can always just put her on ignore and continue our conversation before she decided to ruin it.

I'm sure SteveR, myself, and everyone who does enjoy these alternative explanations and route would greatly appreciate it if you stopped insulting us with your ignorance.

[edit on 22/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I felt no fear or foreboding as I had every other night. I kept asking myself reasons why - and then I realized that my brother had slept over a friends house. When we visited that graveyard at Sagtikos Manor, my brother had kept telling us he had a bad feeling and that we should leave.

What I'm getting at is, are spirits attached to particular people and menace those around them?

I think you just about nailed it on the head there. From my experience, that assumption is totally true.

I think this is one of two possible scenarios.

Some entities especially ones that are very negative, feed off fear and will menace a fearfull person to get that reaction. Fear, like other strong emotions is a chemical reaction in your body, but on the spiritual plane it's an energy at a certain frequency (i think the frequency dictates what kind of emotion it is), and when we're afraid our aura's (energy field) tend to takes on that frequency. I'm sure some spiritualists on the site can explain this better than I, but that is the theory. It's well known that negative entites like to cause fear or fright. It's something to do with the emotional reaction, occuring an energy change on the spiritual plane. Maybe it makes them feel better. But the first possible scenario, is that your brother felt afraid in the graveyard, which attracted a negative entity that may have been residing there.

The second scenario is the one that I can personally verify, and I would lean more toward this one.

You and your brother's presence in the graveyard disturbed the peaceful spirits that were residing there. Sometimes after death, spirits will hang around the body, for several reasons one of which may be that they don't want to "let go" yet. It's sorta psychological. By poking around and whatever, your brother may have angered a resting spirit. Since they have no body anymore they can't say "hey get the hell away from my grave" and force you away (lol), so seriously I beleive they feel very frustrated, and disrespected. Especially if your reason for being there wasn't to grieve. Usually if this is happening, you may feel a presence or a foreboding feeling.

When you get around to leaving the graveyard, they can definitely follow, especially if they're angry. Remember here in the physical plane we can "take out" our anger or upsets, and feel better. There are ways to deal with it. But an angered spirit who isn't easy going about it (probably wouldn't have been in life either), will likely follow.

I've been on paranormal investigations before and I sure annoyed a few of them (not intentionally, I just didn't really beleive in spirits and should of been more respectful in the graveyard) and they did follow me. Caused all sorts of trouble back home.. I had objects moving in the house, intense feelings of a presence, a deep sense of foreboding, and noises. None of this happened before my trip, but it continued for weeks after, until I put a stop to it.

But to answer your question, I think your bro did anger one of them (or maybe a few), and for that reason they followed you. That can cause an attachment.. in spiritual/paranormal terms this is called an obsession. It's not pernament, it will go away in time if you/he ignores it. But the way it "left" when he was away, does very much point to this conclusion.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
what ram said..

i think tahts pretty accurate of what i used to do...
but instead, i left my body, let some other free flying soul to possess?

i guess i did so. and it would write notes and such, and send them off..
or at least, it would be done, and fly away to their little heaven. i think. well, at least they can rest in peace now. i would do the mailing. i just finished unfinished business.. i dont know.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow that's pretty amazing SteveR, thanks for the info

How did you come to be a part of one of these paranormal investigation teams? Sounds to me like theres a lot to learn out there, and Im really eager to do so.

He's sleeping over his friends house again, I'll see if I feel anything tonight, if not, then it would definetely make sense that it's attached to him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join