It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange sensation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
How did you guys become involved with the practice of magic? I'm hoping it took more than a visit to a local magic shop

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
wow. You guys are describing spiritual attacks, and pretty serious ones at that.. get protected, k?

Steve I would be very careful in the advice you give others in situations like this. It sounds nothing like a "spiritual attack" to me.

A spiritual attack sounds to me like your fears, not these peoples.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What do you consider it then Mayet? This is all so very intriguing, I really wish to learn more!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hmm.. Last night, while trying to induce an OBE, I went into a VERY deep meditative state. Deeper than I've ever achieved. Someone on ATS described the feeling, as their feet floating above their head. I almost got that feeling, not to the extent of doing a head stand. But my head was lower than the rest of my body, and I always sleep with my pillow doubled, so my head is elevated more than my body.

Before I went into this 'trance' I started to drift off into 'Lala land', with the random suggestive thoughts, that lead to dreams. Before that I had been attempting to stay consciously aware and I started to notice, that I was 'wandering' so when I brought my awareness back to my body I felt so heavy, and slightly smaller. I felt kind of like an Inverted balloon. Instead of being blown up, I was being blown... Inward? During this I noticed that no matter how uncomfortable I got, I wouldn't move. Not that I couldn't. Just that I didn't. Even if I wanted to move I wouldn't have. It's something that I was thinking, something that was thought with a passion almost.

I can only relate it to the feeling I would get when I used to smoke. It's not that you actually needed the cigarette, or that you wanted it. It was an addiction. Cigarettes to me, are only dependence, which is, the nicotene, which is a chemical fed to your brain. Once your brain gets into the habit of using the Chemical, it thinks that it's a nesscisity, and thinks that your body requires it to function.

In the end, I moved my fingers, and it went away as soon as I did. The pressure, the elevated feet feeling, and the passion for not moving. I don't know if I was on the verge of Sleep Paralysis, or what. But I read that Sleep paralysis comes from a function in a brain, that uses a chemical that keeps your body from moving, so your don't act out your dreams.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conquistadork
How did you guys become involved with the practice of magic? I'm hoping it took more than a visit to a local magic shop

Magic or magick is the use and control of the elements and energy around you to achieve your goals. It takes many years of study and learning and you still may not achieve results as to what you expect.

Basically it comes down to "will" "pure will and pure energy. Many people use rituals to achieve that will. Some more advanced practitioners have no need of rituals and have attained a level of magick where their subconscious and conscious join and combine giving the person the "will" to achieve results. Put simply, if you believe with every fibre of your existance, then it will be. Will. As Crowley once said. Do what thou wilt, that shall be the whole of the law. Do as you will. But remember for every action is reaction.

To begin a life in magick or esoteria you must be strong minded, able to overcome your fears and religious prejudices, such as Steve demonstrated in his "spiritual attack" claims. You must be prepared to learn and pick up knowledge where it comes. You need to be able to analyze and see how the particular theory you are studying pertains to you yourself. Each person is an individual, hence each persons path in life is also different and the ways and methods they use to achieve or reach those goals are also different.

This is where you must be careful of cults, of organizations that charge money to pass enlightenment to you and by ones who claim to have the answers, usually they don't.

There is much knowledge over this subject on ATS site and forums and other sites on the Internet about magick, it's theory and practise. Unless you are already decided on a path, say Wiccan, golden dawn, masonic, eastern or otherwise, at first it is best to study parts of all, sooner or later you will find yourself attracted to certain areas of knowledge.

Nothing is co - incidence in the world of magick, everything has a purpose and reason, you will find that once you start seeking, answers will come, people will come into your life with meaning but once again beware, there are givers in this world and there are takers. You need people who will help your energy to grow and not take from your energy, not drain you, instead help to build you into the person you are.

Inside you will know what is right for you, do not believe everything you see or read, instead take what feels right inisde.

Magick uses symbolism and the elements, learn about the elements, their efffect on each other and their effect on the world around us. Study nature. Learn to use the energy within. Play with light, play with colour, play with crystals, play with nature and play with ideas and possibilities. If it feels right, it usually is. Be in tune with yourself, be in tune with your inner self, know all about yourself, learn your fears, face them and overcome them to move onto the next stage of learning.

Grab some runes, or tarot or other tools to assist you to learn more about yourself. Your strengths and weaknesses. Remember these are just tools of your subconscious. Just as someone with fears of the devil with have a ouija board spelling out " satan", before you have success your fears will surface to overcome.

Remember simple things like the threefold wish, or the star card in the tarot. Karmic law. What you send out will return. If you send bad energy out then that energy is "out there" and able to be used to send back to you, in wiccan language threefold. Three times worse. if you send good energy out, then that can also be returned to you. What you get, you give, what you give, you get.
You are what you give and receive in life.

Learn about inner energy, yoga, meditation and control. Learn as much as you can about everything.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Kokasion

Many practioners of OBEs and astralling often describe the sensation not as rising from the body, but rather sinking inwards. In on yourself so to speak, a lot like you have described above. Keep it up, even if your not successful at OBE'ing at least you have trained your body and mind and tuned it far more than you have before.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thanks Mayat!
You guys are awesome!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Wonderful post, Mayet.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah, that was great Mayet, exactly what I was looking for!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
able to overcome your fears and religious prejudices, such as Steve demonstrated in his "spiritual attack" claims.

Sorry but I don't know what your getting at with that assumption. I think you are misunderstanding me there, but if you think there's no such thing as a spiritual attack.. you sure have alot to learn. Protection is fundamental, and every spiritual expert, investigator, and medium knows this.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What exactly prompts these spiritual attacks is what I'm wondering. What kind of vulnerability do these spirits seek out, do certain attacks only target certain people? Is it indiscriminante and these evil spirits hate everyone equally?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conquistadork
What exactly prompts these spiritual attacks is what I'm wondering. What kind of vulnerability do these spirits seek out, do certain attacks only target certain people? Is it indiscriminante and these evil spirits hate everyone equally?

Well, after death some human spirits (ghosts) may harbor anger, or various negative emotions (bad energy) which will dictate their behavior towards people in their environment. Some spirits wander, while others tend to inhabit a particular area or place, and cause a "haunting" for example.

Spiritual mediums and clairvoyants (people who are aware and open to their natural psychic abilities) are able to sense these negative entities, gain information about them, and communicate telepathically. That's why alot of paranormal investigation teams bring a medium along to their locations.

Unfortunately people who are open in this manner, are susceptable to "attack". By that I mean, they can get possessed, or inflicted with the negative energy in the surroundings, manifesting as fear, dread, or even anger. Mediums are very sensitive to this kind of thing, and they can often "lose themselves" in the presence of a very negative spirit.

It's not just psychics that can be targets however. People who annoy negative spirits by entering into their "territory" or disrespecting them (graveyard investigations) can be victimized. The effects are similar to what a medium may experience, but less intense. Since a spirit may have a difficult time getting into the mind of someone who is less open, they may instead result to tricks, like poltergiestal activity and scratches. Strangle holds around the neck and attack while sleeping/unaware is common too.

Demons are the worst of the bunch.. pure negativity, and intent to cause harm.. and they're more difficult to tackle.

But you can defend yourself very effectively, if you learn how. Then all your problems will go away. I would say Magick is the most potent form of self-protection from these entities. There are other forms (less occult), used by mediums and other investigators who come into contact with these entities on a regular basis.

I used to be on a paranormal investigation team.. and trust me, examining graveyards and other locations at night can attract some bad attention.. and it will follow you wherever you go. Unless you take precautions and protect yourself, that is.

Hope this helps ya.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wow, that's a real eye opener. I live in Bay Shore, NY and I do remember visiting the house George Washington had slept in for a night during the fighting on Long Island. Me and a bunch of friends thought it would be cool to go check out the place at night, and one of them ended up real spooked and urged us to leave right away. He swore that he kept seeing the window blinds move, as if we were being watched.

There is also an unmarked graveyard in the backyard of this estate. It's called "Sagtikos Manor" if you're further interested. I've been wondering exactly what it was I did that could attract the attention of these spirits, and with your info it seems more than likely that paying a visit to Sagtikos is what sparked this.

That's really spooky, it's never been anything bad, other than the really intense bout of sleep paralysis, but I have yet to experience anything on Majestics level, being choked and what not.

Lets hope it stays that way!

Again, great stuff SteveR, I really appreciate all your input!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Absolutely, poking around their graves can seriously annoy them.

I find it unusual though that you haven't witnessed any other paranormal phenomena. Do you get the feeling of being watched when your alone? Or hear any noises? Just curious

Mayet probably thinks I'm diagnosing the problem wrongly, so I'd like to make sure. Majestic's problem was definitely spiritual attack though.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm usually up till the wee hours of the morning now that Im on vacation and free from the shackles of studying, and I do feel very nervous/borderline scared when Im downstairs alone on the computer and everyones asleep. To be more specific, around 2-3 am in the morning. I usually feel like something is looking over my shoulder/standing right behind me.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah that is the exactly the kinda thing! Don't worry about it though, fear can feed them.. aswell as anger I beleive. If you just ignore it, it should go away eventually. But if it starts to play tricks... then you should learn some defense.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow, this is all really mind blowing stuff. I just always wrote it off as me being paranoid or tired, but the fact of the matter is I've grown accustomed to staying up that late due to school, and I had never experienced anything like that when I was sitting at my desk cramming for the next day.

I'll apply that if I get the same feeling tonight SteveR, again, I can't stress how much appreciate all this info you're sharing!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Your welcome friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have been getting the same sort of negative vibrations during the night when I am on the computer. I have dedicated an entire thread to this occurence, but I cannot even stay on my computer (which is located in the kitchen amongst two windows) without getting the same feeling that someone is standing at the window gazing in at me. I can just be sitting here, posting on ATS, only to pause in order to read a quick passage from my Bible when all of a sudden I'll get a chill that runs up my spine.

I was thinking about contacting these hostile spirits using the medium of Ouija, but then I realised how much of a fool I was and how I would be putting my own self in danger.

Thanks again, Steve.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Well, after death some human spirits (ghosts) may harbor anger, or various negative emotions (bad energy) which will dictate their behavior towards people in their environment. Some spirits wander, while others tend to inhabit a particular area or place, and cause a "haunting" for example.

Demons are the worst of the bunch.. pure negativity, and intent to cause harm.. and they're more difficult to tackle.

I used to be on a paranormal investigation team.. and trust me, examining graveyards and other locations at night can attract some bad attention.. and it will follow you wherever you go. Unless you take precautions and protect yourself, that is.

Hope this helps ya.

Ya that helps to take spirituality ten giant steps backwards yes.

Steve honestly I don't know where to start. Lets start with demons? Demons? wow, demons are your fears. Next spirits? Well if you believe in the ghosties I guess they will come and get you. Spirits haunt? Wow again. I'm sorry but this is base stuff used as bedtime stories for children.

You have been watching too much hollywood movies. The excorcist was a good movie wasn't it, but to be honest, thats all it was a movie a fantasy.and how about salems lot or haunting movies, ahh and theres those new movies and tv out all about "mediums" they help perpetuate the myth of fear. So does religion too I guess.

But the answers are in nature. Evil is a fear perpetuated not unlike the "terror threat" something to stop people from examining things too closely and also to help control the masses. There is no such thing as good and evil, there is just nature. Poltergeists and things like that are created by people, its their fears manifesting.

Conquisitordork, I explained things before in my post, you are very impressionable at this stage of your development. Things said like Steve has said above are specifically designed in life to give you fears where none exist. Look to nature for your answers, Satan is a myth created by the church, so are demons and ghosties and wicked mean spirits, all designed to create fears in people, therefore stopping them from reaching their full potential. Spirits that wander indeed, I am sorry but its all given me a bit of a chuckle. Steve your place is in hollywood or writing pure fiction spooky novels.

The only people that can attack you is honest to goodness real live people. Practioners of magick themselves or people with power and little understanding of how to use and control it. Dead is well dead, but alive real people have the power to create and manifest fears in the most visual and scary way.

True clairvoyants and telepaths who are not just in it for the money don't believe that uncle arthur is speaking over their shoulder, or aunt agnes is not the one moving the photos around on the mantelpiece, hollywoods done a great job to get all this ghosty stuff going.

The only thing you need protection against is live people......To take protection and arm yourself against ghosties and demons and wicked evil spirits that wander, is knowledge and learning and overcoming those fears to understand what is and what is not.

How can anyone expect to move on and to overcome if they still believe in Ghosts and demons and wicked naughty nasty evil spirits? Sorry if this is all blunt, but as said Conquis you are impressionable and I hope in a tiny way I can say things that you will remember later and think about in the honest true context of life, the universe and everything in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join