It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another new to site message...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading the site for about a year now and have really been enjoying it, decided to take the plunge and register so I could take part in discussions.
As you can tell by my name, I'm pretty interested in the Jack the Ripper murders. I also am interested in space exploration (including aliens, ufo's, etc. but I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to UFO's), bigfoot (although I've never seen one and I'm not sure they exist), and new military technology like the F-22. Well, hope to see you all on the boards.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I hope you enjoy all of the awesome knowlage!

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
welcome to ats. it is good. if you like space and aliens and tech, well youre in the right place. oh and dont mess with the mods they will make you dead

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS. So, since you like the Ripper murders, who do you think he was? How realistic do you think the "From Hell" movie was? Do you think it's even close?

~Evil Grin~ I like the Ripper murders too. From a fairly scientific point of view, of course.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Glad you could make it, come on in and sit a spell…

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,PTS, and Ignorance Denied.

A great way to get off to an even better start at ATS:

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Other helpful links for new (and old
) members:

Welcome aboard, a greeting from Springer in the ATS 101 Freshman’s Forum

Asala’s New Member Advice Thread

Answers to Questions not in the FAQ

Searching and Complaining

ATS Search for “Dummies”

Member's and ATS, L.L.C. Shared Rights

Forgot to vote? Voted and still not happy? Voted and are happy, yet unhappy that others are not sharing your joy:

PTS Is Wide Open For Business

Do you really want to be heard? Make a Podcast, and let ATS know what you think!

If you have any questions, or need any help, U2U myself or any Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea Button.

Greetings Monkeys, not just for saying "Hi" anymore...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i've joined recently myself...and i have also been actively reading for a year or so....welcome...you are gonna really love it....

this place rocks.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Welcome to the ATS. So, since you like the Ripper murders, who do you think he was? How realistic do you think the "From Hell" movie was? Do you think it's even close?

~Evil Grin~ I like the Ripper murders too. From a fairly scientific point of view, of course.

Hahahahaha, I always get that question when people find out I'm interested in the Jack. The weird thing is, I have no interest whatsoever in any other murder investigation, something about Ripper just fascinates me.
I don't want to go breaking any rules on my first day or anything and I'm not sure this is the forum for this but here's my short answer: I don't know. Cornwall presents some interesting evidence, particularly the mitrochondrial dna stuff she did that really points the finger at Sickert but I doubt it. A lot of people desperately want it to be linked to the royal family but I doubt that too. Maybrick had the diary about 10 years ago or so that seemed to implicate him, although I think that's a hoax. Chapman wouldn't surprise me, actually.
I'll get more in detail later, but what I do believe is that Abberline knew who it was and took it to the grave with him, for whatever reason. I think his clue about "looking up and not down in society" is dead on, but I just don't know who to look at! hahaha
As far as "From Hell" is concerned, I have it on DVD and find it an entertaining movie, but you can't blame the Freemasons for everything! I think their premise is a bit off.

new topics

top topics

join