It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Podcasting Stats Update!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
December is when podcasting went wild on ATS!

So far in December we've had over 16,000 unique users download podcasts with over 12,000 of those subscribed to the RSS feeds.

A total of 170 gigabytes of podcasts have been downloaded in December, with a 9.5 gigabytes per day average and an amazing 4,000+ accesses from the Playstation Portable RSS reader/media player!

The top 5 podcasts
8361- www.podtrac.com... (!)
6649 - www.podtrac.com...
3919 - www.podtrac.com...
3212 - www.podtrac.com...
1624 - www.podtrac.com...

Keep up the great work. We have more subscribers than many podcasters who have been at this since podcasting began!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
For anyone that is wondering, I went and did a search to find out what the podcasts actually were:

#1: Cpr's Sing-a-long
#2: Survivalism 101 by Nrky
#3: I Like My Music, Thanks by Kalapadea
#4: Holiday Giving Tree For Those in Need , reply by MrWupy
#5: ATS Promo

Thanks for the correction, BH

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow! I'm blown away by these statistics! Makes me want to get busy making more PODcasts! Thanks for the info.

#4 is actually mrwupy's response to Relentless.

What an odd combination of PODcasts for the top 4!
Great work!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Of all the podcasts I have made, that one is NOT even close when it comes to the ones I thought would have been a success. Still, talk about an honor, i'm in the top five.

I just have to come up with some original material though. Like everyone else in the world, I wanna be #1

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow my podcast is the top viewed podcast o.O
8361 o.O that many people have heard me sing.... oh my oh my oh my..... Skeptic whats the (!) for?

[edit on 12/19/05 by cpr12r]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

8361 o.O that many people have heard me sing....

Kinda scary eh? I'M LISTENING TO YOU RIGHT NOW. muahaha.

I -almost- made a podcast of myself singing Veni Veni Emmanuel today for a nice Christmas-themed podcast, but reconsidered and stopped after about one verse. Kind of glad, because I don't know how I'd feel, knowing that 8000+ people might have heard me sing.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's the amazing part. If we were using "FeedBurner", a popular source of podcast hosting, our feeds would represent the second-most popular podcast source on their entire service from a subscriber perspective, and #1 in total downloads.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ive been listening to all the podcasts trhough my PSP RSS Reader. I dont need an iPod now. hehe.

-Jared

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow ATS=Major PWNage... my podcast= Ub3r m4j0r PWNage it is teh l33tness? (ohh no no more l33t speak!!)

Wow skeptics that is truly amazing.. and we haven't even been podcasting for all that long. We most definetely got the alternative discussion corner down.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
For anyone that is wondering, I went and did a search to find out what the podcasts actually were:

#1: Cpr's Sing-a-long

*Relentless falls over and hits her head really hard*

Chatbot

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow.
That's all I really have to say. A HUGE hand to SO for putting this all together, every place else with podcasting doesn't even come close to our capabilities or design.

I know I say this a lot, but really, is there some sort of arena we CAN'T beat almost everyone in? I mean, seriously. I bet we could start our own Monster Truck Team and we'd whoop the pants/tires off everyone else in a two months.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We're getting close to 19,000 unique users of the podcasts, with 49,000+ full downloads (just over 20,000 partial downloads).

If we were to compare our feed stats to podcasts being hosted on the popular Feedburner service, our content would rank... second.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Found this link that you may find usefull SO(that is if you don't already know about it)

www.masternewmedia.org...

Tons and tons of Podcasting related links mostly relating Search Engines, Ratings Services and Directories stuff of that sort.

I'm real glad this is taking off! Gratz!

[edit on 21-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
If we were to compare our feed stats to podcasts being hosted on the popular Feedburner service, our content would rank... second.

Pretty darn amazing for a "startup". Nice work Amigos!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And today, our 1,000th podcast has appeared!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Welcome To The Machine

Originally posted by cpr12r
8361 o.O that many people have heard me sing.... oh my oh my oh my..... Skeptic whats the (!) for?

It means you're a stahhhhh, baby!

Just sign on the dotted line and fame, fortune and legions of crazed groupies will be yours!

Then, a few years from now when all your “friends” have betrayed you, your money and inspiration have run out and even Danny Bonaduce won't have you on his talk show, you can sit in your dressing room with half a bottle of Mr. Pibb in your hand and lament, “It used to be about the podcasts, man...”

As Bart Simpson might remark upon envisioning that flashforward, “Coooool!”

A star is born.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Great stuff, guys!

Keep up the awesome work

top topics

join