It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Echelon Spying- Off the Map?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
From 1995-2002, many of us in the conspiracy world discussed the ultra-secret Echelon program. It was the seminal interantional surveillance system set up by the U.S., U.K., Canada, N.Z. & Australia. By having another country on another country's own citizens, Echelon bypassed laws which prohibited spy agencies from spying on its own citizens.

In 2002, the whole thing broke open in public, especially in the U.S. and U.K. The program was supposedly abandoned- but its pretty clear that there's a similar system in place.

I Googled "Echelon" and can find no reference to the program later than 2002. It seems really strange that the entire program & the controversy it caused simply disappeared from the Internet virutally overnight.

Does anyone have any recent information on the state of Echelon?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Echelon is not dead. More than likely they just deny it's existence.

I got a Call Trace Initiator on My cell phone, when on an International phone call the other day. All I did, was say "terrorist action", "Lone Wolf Terrorist", "New World Order", "building walls along Mexican & Canadian borders" about 10 times apiece. lol

So, the NSA is watching Me. I won't worry about it, til the guy I saw being a Good Samaritan sweeping up glass in the parking lot at 9pm, knocks on My front door. Yes, he was NSA, & VERY sloppy too.

Do you know how they get around the fact that they're not supposed to spy on us? Well, there's a loophole, the UK can spy on the US's citizens, if the US Government allows it, & in turn, we return the favor & spy on theirs.

Loopholes are for lawyers & CPA's, not the Government.

new topics

join