It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is up with "white nationalism"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Flyers fan I am from the south it is a white power thing. Have you looked at why the state of Georgia put the confed flag in the state flag? BTW I talked with a lot of them including KKK it was and is about terror and intimidation of minorities. That is like equating ohsam ben laudin to Islam. That flag has nothing to do with southern living. I lived there for over 25 years and it had nothing to do with my life but negativity.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThought
Flyers fan I am from the south it is a white power thing. Have you looked at why the state of Georgia put the confed flag in the state flag? BTW I talked with a lot of them including KKK it was and is about terror and intimidation of minorities. That is like equating ohsam ben laudin to Islam. That flag has nothing to do with southern living. I lived there for over 25 years and it had nothing to do with my life but negativity.

That's probably because you acted like an idiot. I live in the south and know that the majority of the people that fly the stars and bars do it as a heratige thing, not hate. You might find a better life if you lose that chip on your shoulder. It's not as bad as you are making it. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
It is no longer an issue of the past. Slavery was obviously not a big enough blunder. Maybe police racial profiling? How about the fact that people (lots of people) still fly a confederate flag? I wont even mention the court systems blatent racism.

Perhaps they have police profiling against young black men because young black men commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Not just in the US but also in Britain and I think in Canada and probably other countries too.

From your reactions and personal anecdotes it seems that people who hang out with young black men are also more likely to commit crimes and resort to violence to solve disputes.

I'm saying this as someone living in a black country, not as someone living in a place like Vermont who did not grow up with blacks or go to school with them.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Where in my post did I say anything idiotic? You lack of information is appalling. This heritage is about what???? The lost war against the United States?? I have met people who think that the south should have won the war. When I look at what was at stake at that time slavery was a big issue. Heritage my butt. That the same things the Klan talk about preserving their heritage through hate and violence. Get a life it is more than whites in the south and yet I have never seen a black person flying the bars and stripes. Do you know why they put the confed flag on the Georgia flag? In protest of civil rights in the 6o’s You really don’t know how screwed up you are do you...

BTW good to quote feeling about minorites in western countries. Demonizing blacks then saying crimes of whites are youthful indescretions.

What black country?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Really? The soon to be best man in my wedding is a black man and he is also about 8 months from being a bank manager. Not exactly a gang-banger, yet he would have punched someone for calling me a white supremecists best friend. Another of my black friends owns an IT consultant firm, and he would have done the same. Not every black guy in this nation is a gun carrying thug. I know just as many white people in trailer parks that commit crime as I know black folks in the hood doing the same.

A quick lesson in Psychology: Poverty breeds crime. Go anywhere in this world, and where there are poor, there is theft, drugs, violence, etc...

Your statistics showing the percentage of blacks commiting crimes in ration to whites fail to take into account the racism in the court system, so save the #'s, Ive seen em.

It is this inherent racism in the system that has forced these conditions on black communities.

You grow up in my neighborhood and come out OK. Thats a challenge. When you know nothing but hardship and crime, you learn nothing but hardship and crime. Ignorance breeds ignorance, and crime is no different.
So many people are too preoccupied with feeding their families, and putting a decent roof over their heads that they ignore the reason they are birthed into ghettos and trailer parks to continue a vicious cycle of ignorance and crime.

People like me and the friends I mention above are diamonds in the rough. We aspire to be singers, or sports stars, media celebrities, or Scarface because the thought of getting a good education, and going to college, and getting a fair shot at a good job are just rediculous.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Your statistics showing the percentage of blacks commiting crimes in ration to whites fail to take into account the racism in the court system, so save the #'s, Ive seen em.

It is this inherent racism in the system that has forced these conditions on black communities.

Is there also racism in the courts in black majority countries where the judges and lawyers are black? Because even in those countries blacks commit more crimes and are overly represented in the prison population.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
FOR THE RECORD -

I lived in Alabama for 9 years. I absolutely HATED it, for many
reasons (I'll list them at the end of this post) . However, I
stand by what I said ... driving trucks in the woods and
carrying a hand gun doesn't make you a white supremist.

About that Confederate flag .... I hate it and I hate what it
stood for. I too encountered MANY morons who thought the
war was still going on and that the South never lost. They
called the Civil war a War of States Rights .. almost as if
slavery didn't exist.

However, to them the flag was about southern heritage and
not about continuation of slavery or the subhumanizing of black
Americans. I don't know if they 'forgot' that the heritage they
were so proud of included the scurge of slavery ... but it was
about heritage and the dream of a war not being lost -
not about a white supremist thing.

BLACKTHOUGHT - I have no doubt that there were people that
you encountered that used the confederate flag to symbolize
their hate towards blacks. I just didn't encounter any of them
when I was living in Alabama. Perhaps I was just fortunate.

Now ... why I HATED living in Alabama -
(posted to show that I actually lived there for 9 years)

1 - Every time you met someone, the first words out of their
mouths were obnoxious - 'what church do you go to' ... so they
could size you up as saved or not saved and see if they wanted
to be bothered with you. When I said I was 'Catholic' most
went away instantly like I was the devil. The others wouldn't
stop pushing ignorant Jack Chick tracts into my hands and trying
to save my soul.

2 - All those Jack Chick tracts - anti everyone but us 'saved'
folks - passed around and actually believed by the people there.
UGH. And they couldn't wait to try out the 'facts' they read
about in the tracts.

3 - Not a freak'n thing to do except watch the cotton grow, talk
football, or discuss why everyone else but those in your own
church were going to hell.

4 - The local high school said it couldn't afford all it's educational
materials/facilities so they decided to cut the SCIENCE dept. and
then they built a football stadium.
Unfreak'n real.

5 - It was too blasted hot all the time.

6 - No powerball. Gambling is the devil's work ya' know. So
no powerball.

7 - My neighbor didn't know where Montana was. She said it was
something you learned to graduate high school but since she had
no plans to ever leave Alabama/Georgia/Florida, she didn't need
to remember where Montana was. This woman was 'educated'
and married to an 'educated' lawyer. (growing up in Connecticut
we learned where the states were in third grade ... not high school)

[edit on 1/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
dafunk 13......
first off im not some little kid and believe me i learned my lessons young.
you however have not. you say and spout some iggnorant things. nor do i think you have had much experience in the real world. as far as speaking my mind i will do so at will because i will not let another human being press his will apon me. infact i invite any human being to press his will upon me as i feel "pain is temporary and the truth is absolute". meaning i will not sway from my beliefs nor will i cover and hide them because some irrational jerk feels that by violence he will make his statement. i see what i see and what i see i believe to be truth.

now none of my statements have been racist nor will they be as im not racist. i do however open my eyes and see what is infront of me. now if by saying something as simple as you are a white supremesist best friend (meaning will be explained later in post) cause you to get angery and try to press your will on me by trying to give me a cuncussion ...that is your ignorance but it will also be a big embarrassment for you as i do not saccumb to brutality as easy as most. infact i find that people who are quik to think this way have never actually been in a fight or been jumped by a gang of people before. as they would not wish this apon anyone. fights where i come from end in ambulance rides or gunshot wounds.

think of it this way if you tell a child he is bad continually no matter what he does he will always think he is bad there fore will be bad as he sees no reason to do other wise.
when you tell a person that they will never amount to anything over and over again. no matter what they do they will always feel like a failure. so why even try to sucsede.
if you constantly remind the black people they they had it so bad and that white people have it so much better and always will then this is what they will think. it leaves them no room nor will to grow as people or as a race.
which is exactly what the white suppremesist wants. therfore by doing this you are helping the W.S. and might as well be there best friend!!!!

now i realise this does not hold true for everyone and everything but it is
a close represnetation how most people work.

now my suggestion for everyone in america who feels oppressed. go on a trip to some other areas of the world where you will see opression as it really is. if you think life is so bad and that the man is holding you down.
then do something about it. go to school use the system work your way up and make a change. stop whinning about what happend in the 60s (unless you actually lived in the 60s and were old enough to actually know what was going on) it is a new day and a new age instead of bitching about a change make the change!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
quote]now my suggestion for everyone in america who feels oppressed. go on a trip to some other areas of the world where you will see opression as it really is. if you think life is so bad and that the man is holding you down.
then do something about it. go to school use the system work your way up and make a change. stop whinning about what happend in the 60s (unless you actually lived in the 60s and were old enough to actually know what was going on) it is a new day and a new age instead of bitching about a change make the change!!!!!![/qutoe]

So how does this statement fit in with reverse racism?

I have been other places and like you will not have someone tell me that it is good over here and ii should be content with it. My wife is not form America so I know pretty well what is going on other places. Yes some people are doing that just whining but others need to work out the rage to get to the point of resolution. I do need to be living in the 60’s to see what is happening. In small town USA it is still the 60’s imagine that... West VA, VA and parts of MD is very dangerous for minorities.
If from the south so there were times I had to back out of the bar because the color of my skin. Some people must be fools to think that today’s youth have to been discriminated against. (Right to work states can fire without a reason.) Hell my wife was fired the day after she told here boss she was pregnant! Like the guy earlier thought “heritage” not understanding what that looks like in my eyes.

I agree violence does not work unless it is on a major scale. You and I know in our hearts that in this country minorities had to fight and die for every scrap of right we have and as we see with the patriot act that we still have to fight in order to stop the rollback and the agendas of the Zealot religious right and left.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
black thought.....

i do not feel opressed. i do how ever feel at times that the young poor white male is descriminated against because there is no one fighting for our rights. as the government makes way to help make shure that minorities get a fair shake and that there not descriminated against poor young white males get lost in the shuffle. not saying they have it worse but im just saying that racism doesnt just effect blacks. thats all.

i to lived in the south for awhile and i can attest that there are just as many areas that white people can not go to. quite a few bars that i had to back out of because "we dont allow white trash in our bar" or " that doesnt fly here whitebread"... like i said racism doesnt just effect blacks and if your going to talk about it you must encompass it all. to do away with racism you must do away with it all!!!!

the patriot act will screw us all. the government could care less about race it is all money to them. half of those "rich whities" would gladdly let a rich black man eat dinner at his table then have a poor white guy eat with him.
the governments agenda is to keep the rich rich and keep the poor poor.

like i said before if minorities feel theyre not getting a fair shake. then change it do something about it. play the game you know the rules and only the guy on top can change them.

i do agree with you that minorities had to scratch and claw there way to were they are now. at this point though the problem they face is internal not quite whitie holding them down but themmselves holden them back.
at one time they needed help but now its on them.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by plague]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah Black Thought, where are the people fighting for us poor white folks?

Wo-is-me...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Wo-is-me...

wow.....did it take you that long to think of what to say to suck up to thought? it seems almost a waste of time for you to even speak. do you even read my post or do you just skim so you can post something iggnorant?

im just saying if things are gonna be equal then lets be equal.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
And Ace, I only speak of America.

Since I have only books, the net, and, well, you folks to rely on for info about elsewhere, Im only talking about racist AMERICA.

I grew up in a rough area of Battle Creek, MI, moved to Benton Harbor, then to Tampa, and I spent about 2 out of the last 3 years in Chicago.
Throughout all of these places I have lived in rich areas as well as poor, white 'hoods as well as black and hispanic ghettos. I am pretty nomadic by nature. I finished college and now I kind of just float around.

I just wanted to clarify my frame of reference. I am not just spouting crap I read or heard.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Wo-is-me...

It's interesting how you buddy up to people who speak out against your race and argue against the people who defend your race.

It's like you're a white Uncle Tom, an Uncle Tyrone.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is a very interesting debate. I'm glad that we are keeping it civil and acting like adults. I'm learning a lot from this.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Wo-is-me...

It's interesting how you buddy up to people who speak out against your race and argue against the people who defend your race.

It's like you're a white Uncle Tom, an Uncle Tyrone.

this is often the case with closet racist. they have this internal hate mechanism inside and cant deal with it. instead of finding out why they feel this way (which most often its because they feel inferoir to the other races) they bury it deep inside. they often feel if they buddy up with the opposite race that they will be able to hide the vile feeling inside. and that no one will suspect what is truly going on. inside there head. you know like that one friend you have that talks behind everyones back including yourself when your not around but then is your boy when your face to face. yea that type.

or you have the classic "wigga" or "yo-boy" that feels just cuz he bought the new public enemy album and learned all the hot new slang off of snoops new track and has a couple of black friends that he is suddenly apart of the black culture. when in reality he is just a wanna be farce who usually goes on to help bring to life all of the bad stereo types that black people have been associated with.

then we have the just out of college and i need a cause to manage types.
who feel some kinda importance fighting the good fight that isnt theres to fight.

im sorry guys but racism just isnt what it use to be. there is no seperation between colors. everyone has the same basic rights and privilages. and like i said before minorities are getting alot more advantages then before.

as far as racial profilling. so what if you get stopped and your doing nothing wrong why worry..most people who get beat down by the cops usually (not always there are some ass hole cops) bring it on in some way (other then being a minority) there is a video on the web that cris rock put out that shows you what not to do when pulled over.. you should check it out!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

as far as racial profiling. so what if you get stopped and your doing nothing wrong why worry..most people who get beat down by the cops usually (not always there are some ass hole cops) bring it on in some way (other then being a minority) there is a video on the web that cris rock put out that shows you what not to do when pulled over.. you should check it out!

I have 11times more chance to get stopped than a white person there is something wrong with that.

That’s wayy off man wayy off. Right now I have friend who is going to trial for three felonies. They said he stole money from his work. The day they said he did it I was with him the whole time sitting at his house. He never moved but somehow he went to work stole the money and came back when he went to the bathroom.

The police tore his car and house up look for things. While doing this making derogatory comments. They handcuffed his whole family including the 13 yr old daughter. While doing this they denied him from calling his lawyer. Then they gave him a lie detector test he passed they interrogated him again denying him his lawyer. Then they still charged him without a lick of evidence. Do not tell me don’t be worried if I did not do anything that is complete bull. Many of black me get mess up by the cops for no reason. It gets to a point that when you ask them why did you stop me? They stare and act they don’t want to tell you.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That's a shame, BT. I hate to hear stories like that. How much do you think that your friend will sue them for?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it's horrible how "driving while black" is now accepted as a reasonable excuse to pull someone over...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
black thought....

yea that is #ed up and im sorry for your friend and his family. there are some really #ed up people and guys like that need to be put in check and definetly have no right being police officers.

and i can see where you would be offended by my statement (wow and you still took no pop shot at me...thanxs) so i appologize.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join