It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is up with "white nationalism"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
black thought......
ive worked in construction for over 10 years and did qiute a bit of government work. it is a fact that over half the contracters are a minority contracters and this is set up this way by the government. trust me i worked for quite a few of them. not only that but the buildings were full of mostly black people working there. the government had at one point instatuted a mandate that they must hire a certain amount of minorities but that is no longer the case. this goes to show that you guys are not as "perseccuted" as you once were. it is a fact that the government has instatuted policies that are geared to giving more moneys for minorities to go to school to go start bussinesses. also do you know how much harder it is for a white person to go get food stamps or be excepted to section 8.

the tide is slowly turning is all im saying. if were gonna have equel rights then lets have equel rights. not lets favor one race over the other because of the past. i mean then the tables are turned and the minorities are the racial aggressors and the cycle goes on and on. if you want to rid racism it must all go!!!!!!!

as far as repayment ...my family never owned slaves so why should i repay...and dont you live off the benifet to of what we have from the years of slave labor. it was wrong ..no one should have been enslaved but up until that point it was afact of life everywhere in the world. not just america
so maybe you should put some money into the pot too.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Your ignorance is so deep rooted words fail. To call me a "white supremacists best friend" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I wont chatter on about my social life, but if anyone who truely knows me heard that they would laugh their asses off.
I have sat in jail multiple times just to prove a point to people like you, and I think you are more deserving of a concussion than the last guy. I hope you only spout these beliefs because you are hidden behind a screen name, and a keyboard. Statements like that will get you hurt badly where I am from. I would keep your sentiments to yourself in the real world.

Or you can blame racism for the beatdown you take for making stupid comments.

I am gonna turn this over to BT for a while. I am so pist I think I will probably only end up getting banned. And I am pretty sure he will point out your false logic more easily than I...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
And please stop defending yourself by saying how many black people you know. I couldnt care less if your sister married a black guy. I never called you racist.

I have yet to hear any of these atrocities the white man has endured due to racism. If you can come up with more than a friend getting beat up for being white, or you being shot at I might be a bit more receptive. These sound like circumstance rather than racism. Did they approach you and say "Hey, we dont like white people...pop, pop, pop?"

I can say I have been a white guy for quite some time now, in a very diverse city, and I have yet to see this horrible racism you speak of. Not to say it doesnt exist, I just have never experienced racism of any significance directed towards me.

I admire you trying to bring a new side to the argument. I really do. I just think its a tad misguided. Approaching an arguement from different angles is good, but this is more apples to oranges if you ask me.

the state ment was actual geared toward the kids and there plight with racsim as you seem to think im not affected or surrounded by it. im glad that you have never been harrased for being white or felt racism. no my run ins (and its been alot more then 2) with the anti white crowd were not like the riots of the 60s or any of the things they had to deal with but hey were talkin in the now things are different and if you cant see that we are almost on a level playing feild now then you are blind.

we as human beings are equal to each other. and in the past the white man had the upperhand but times are changing and if things are gonna be equel then they must be equal to all not some.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Your ignorance is so deep rooted words fail. To call me a "white supremacists best friend" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I wont chatter on about my social life, but if anyone who truely knows me heard that they would laugh their asses off.
I have sat in jail multiple times just to prove a point to people like you, and I think you are more deserving of a concussion than the last guy. I hope you only spout these beliefs because you are hidden behind a screen name, and a keyboard. Statements like that will get you hurt badly where I am from. I would keep your sentiments to yourself in the real world.

I am gonna turn this over to BT for a while. I am so pist I think I will probably only end up getting banned. And I am pretty sure he will point out your false logic more easily than I...

why are you getting so mad? the white supremist statement was not meant with ill temper or mmeant to insult you. i just feel that by constanly reminding people that they were once persecuted does nothing to help them now. maybe in the 60s but not now. if people stopped laying around in the past and ran toward the future things would change.

what point would you prove to me. i have plenty of black friends who see the same way i do. they realise the key is the future not the past. infact im shure they would get a kick out of the white dude fighting for the rights they already have.

as far as spouting off on the computer ..my statements have not even come close to being racist (and if you think they have then maybe you need someone to show you what racism really is) and i have no problem
telling people (actually adults who are mre likely to debate and talk about it then result to violence cuz thats the way of ignorance) what i think

so i deserve a cuncussion. huh..well thats easy for you to spout over the computer. and i wish there was some way that we could settle that issue but theres not.

now please which one of my statements was so outrageous that it would be construde as an anti black/minority staement.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

THANK GAWD! Maybe when you sober up you can make more sence. I do have a question for you though. Why do you keep throwin out threats of violence? You keep using the word "ignorance", yet you speak like you have the mentality of Mike Tyson. I would suggest therapy for your anger management issues before you pop off to the wrong person and end up in the hospital. Good luck, my friend. I'll pray for you. Peace.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Dissension]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So let me guess I am lying now about where I work? It is in DC I do IT designing I know what I see. Not it is not harder for whites to get on assistance. It is harder for men but that is not regulated by race. Doing government work yes most of the drones are African American. In private work there is a big difference. That is why there are a lot more in government because of the ability to regulate equality.

The point of a balanced playing field is what I want also but if we are running a race and you get a major head star and expect me to compete as well as you. Then that is a fallacy Right now the numbers don�t look the same and it is not because of the lack of trying.

When I mean the benefits of being privilege is for instance a cop not looking at you as a threat. The bank manager looking at you as a potential loan receiver because you look like you will pay it back. Shopping in a store and not being followed because you look like a shoplifter. When you look decent and have a comfortable level of living and people looking at you like you must be a drug dealer. Things like that happen all the time for a black person sometimes they bring it on themselves other time for no reason but racism.

I know we will never get payment from America Hell they haven't paid back the Indians yet!

I put in the pot all the time in fines. For instance I am going down the road a cop stops me and I reply why did you stop me? He said for seat belt, which I had it on until he stopped me. I said didn�t you see those cars blowing by me? He said so what? That is what happens instead of just doing their job to keep the streets safe.

There are a lot of black folks fed up with the level of indifference of the problems that they are trying to address. And the first thing someone says is I'm not racist let me decide that not you. If it were up to each other to grade ourselves there would be no need for F�s on report cards and evaluation.

I have a question you work construction? The workers working under the table mostly illegals... who is getting a better deal the construction company or the workers? This will tell me a lot about how you think.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
oh by far definetly the companies. they get cheaper labor that way and they charge the general or government a whole lot more a person then they pay that person. i am totally against this it hurts all of us that are legal and have to pay taxes.

so how do you feel about it?

yes i will acknowledge that there is that problem in the private sector. but i dont think its as bad as you think it is (just my opinion). and it can be changed. also look at it this way. say you start a bussiness and you start it with your friends and guys you went to school with. now lets say that you are all the same race and you all work together and your rollin in profit. now you need to expand and so you need more people. now you have 9 guys working for you and only 2 of them feel comfortable with working with another race side by side. so you hire 5 guys who are all the same race. you doing better and better and the moral of your company is at an all time high. once again you need to expand but this time the government says you have to hire outside of your race. now you have a conflict because now you have 10 people that wont feel comfy. so you do hire them moral goes down people quit and your bussiness is no longer doing so well.

now that does not hold true for everyone and everything but i think that the private sector should be a little less monitered. i mean you cant force anti racism on people its not completely fair (even though i agree being racist is ignorant). i dont know if any of that made sense to you but it made sense to me.

my question to you is do you think that minorities are better off today and more socially equal then they once were?

and thanks for actually talking to me and not being a jack ass and threating me with physical violence. im just bringing to light what i feel i see.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Still taking jabs at me eh?

I was debating intelligently for a while.

I only got upset when you called me a white supremecists best friend.

This is a very offensive thing to say to someone so passionate about equal rights.

I can play nice if you can keep comments like this to yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, the black people kind of were the ones enslaved by the white people...
that kind of explains it a bit, right?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but black people were being traded and enslaved by their own color long before whitey (the british who believed in their monarchy) came along.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhh truelies ... you are so right.

also ... it seems that a few white folks engage in the scurge of
'white nationalism', the black population has some of it's own
'black nationalists' - such as the Mayor of New Orleans and
his 'chocolate city' (forgetting that he is supposed to represent
ALL of the people of the city, not just those of certain colored
skin that he likes), and then there is Farakahhn ...

Oh ... the few white 'nationalists' aren't the only ones with
bigotry problems. The black population in America has
some of it's own racist nutz as well.

[edit on 1/18/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Still taking jabs at me eh?

I was debating intelligently for a while.

I only got upset when you called me a white supremecists best friend.

This is a very offensive thing to say to someone so passionate about equal rights.

I can play nice if you can keep comments like this to yourself.

you started taking jabs at me right away. and yes as sad as i am to say it im so very pissed at the concussion comment (im shure a whole lot more then you are at mine) because there is nothing i can do about it. if there was i would invite you to try to give me a concussion.

as far as getting a racist beat down...been there done that. realised at an early age (19) that i cant just walk anywhere at anytime. that yes even black people can be racist. ive lived in areas where i couldnt go out at night with out my friends (black) coming and getting me. just because you have not endured this (the world does not revolve around just you) doesnt mean it does not exsist.

now i could go on and threaten and say a whole bunch of meaningless things to you but let me just say i have a good idea of what type of person you are and one day you will wake up and realise just cuz you think you are doesnt mean you are or know anything about the struggle.....

i too am passionate about "equal" rights ..that is an emphasis on equal.
maybe you could be even more passionate when you learn what equal means..........

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThought
We all have egos and sometimes you might want to listen to what others say about you. I can say "I am great!" all day long that does not mean anything in the end dealing with others in society.

You misunderstand the nature of this country.
It's not that it was meant to be 'white', it's that the british who wanted to leave their oppressive monarchy who HAPPENED TO BE WHITE fought for freedom and won and started this country.

We learn about them not because they are white but because they founded this country,

If black people from africa started america, we would be learning about the same situation, just they happened to be black, god, get over yourself.

Racism is a state sponsored agenda that started in America and spread for they’re in its modern form. Before then a French person was a French person by mandate that does not mean that the ruling class somehow looks alike. (Henceforth the recent riots)

Racism was around before we knew how to talk, it's in human nature to be w/ those that are like you, and fight those who don't look like you. Look at the animal kingdom. Before humans learned how to talk they were fighting. It's not a conspiracy, are you a black panther?

The problem more with modern society is that you cannot continue to justify the ruling class looking like a white European male. When I mean ruling class in mean power not just money. Here in America a white Christian male has been the president for over 200 years and with the changing population you would think that there would at least be one out of them that might be from another group of people. ONE That is white nationalism believing that no one else can do it but a Christian white male in America.

I agree, and perhaps if people like al sharpton weren't blatantly racist and wacky, he might of had a chance.
The other thing I noticed is that those who are president lately aren't really christian, they are masons. If a black man wanted to be president I would suggest he joins free masonry and work his way up.. Be forewarned, you will just be a puppet, those behind the scenes will be pulling your strings. and not because your black but because we have a shadow government that are probably mostly white evil men. my spin; the illuminati (devil worshipper's) is behind it all.

There is no reverse racism!

It is a myth if you stack the numbers of wealth whites are still on top. If you look at CEO positions white male is still on top, heck if you look at the coaches in professional sports (because black are good at sports) there is still a problem. As many times as black perform over the expectations on the field they still cant seem to get the coaching jobs. You never know they might be able to teach determination. Get it straight...

Oh jeez, are you serious? Perhaps is the inner cities schools were better managed, and the kids didn't hold others down if they were smart, would succeed. Black children are raised differently then white children, why is it that if you raise your children to be smart, successful and classy your an uncle tom? Charles Barkley was a basketball player he is now a sports caster on espn, and so are others, joe dumars was a basketball player for the detroit pistons, he is now the manager of the team, he fired the old coach and he was white! where do you get your negative thoughts from?
They aren't 'facts' as you would like to believe, they are 'thoughts' probably from your pastor who is a race pimp or probably from one of your parents who has a lot of hate in her/his heart for white people.

You were raised a bitter, racist male, it's not whitey's fault, truth is personal, the glasses you wear aren't worn by everybody else.

White nationalism has gotten us into a lot of trouble with the world. Thinking that no one can tell them anything. Ex: Corporations, US government, WTO, IMF, and others that we do not know their names so readily.

Kofi is head of the UN, he's in trouble for scamming money, Aristide was black and he got himself into trouble by oppressing fellow black citizens, same thing w/ the haitian presidents and other black president's in africa. They oppressed their own people much worse then any us president has done. And we know their names!
Why don't you pay attention to that? Perhaps your focusing too much on white people... Obsessed much?

The problem is that in places in the western countries they do not teach about others in history. How much do you know about your neighbor that might be Jewish, Black, Spanish or Asian? They have history in America also but those things are considered special history when it should be just history.

Do you honestly think Australian's are taught about Canadian history?
Come on...

It's good to know about history but I feel people should do it on their own time, when I was in school I didn't care about history I wanted to play or draw. Now that i'm older I seld educate myself on world histories and culture, it shouldn't be shoved down our throats if your not ready to learn.

And that was only 3k of people. How many people did the US kill to build this nation?

What are you referring to exactly when you mention the US killed x amount of people to build this nation.. are yout alking about the founding fathers? Or british expats?

[edit on 18-1-2006 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The problem with illegals is the system if the system of work (cheaper is better) was not the mantra of major corps then we would not have this problem. But also who is going to do the work? There are not s lot of trade schools to teach people to be contractors, painters, and electrical. The unions are going down it seems form the top its about money then they tell the middle and poor class to fight over race.

As for the company you speak of the problem is not the company because an owner of a company will do what it takes to stay open and make money. The problem is the society that allows a company that has inward and outward racist practices make a gob of money. The customer should be like �what is up with you guys I will not shop with you because you are not in my best interest.� I see what you are saying but dinosaurs need to change if the climate is also. And for those who want to stay insillated (Funny thing I have never had a chance to feel that way.) they will have to change.

As for the Minorities

Yes and no for those who come �voluntary� get along a litter better. You can come over not pay taxes for a few years. Get business loans at a lower rate than American citizens (Quotas). Because most of the people who do come over have their culture intact. No one over here is killing them because they speak their own language they can continue to evolve their community to become better. As for income more people will hire outside the country than in. People from India get a visa for the job I do but as a whole will not even look inside the collages here to see perspective workers because we want rights like free weekends, vacations with good pay.

The key factor is voluntary they came because they want to come. Weather it was for money, refuge, or a change. African American was brought here like a commodity once here fought like hell to become free. Still today there is a ting of an unspoken problem. Some self internalized some still live and kicking in the 21st century

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You misunderstand the nature of this country.
It's not that it was meant to be 'white', it's that the british who wanted to leave their oppressive monarchy who HAPPENED TO BE WHITE fought for freedom and won and started this country.

OHhh I see I got it wrong we should have killed every whitey on the street for slavery to become really free. I�m sorry I will think about that the next time I feel oppressed.

That is my point they were not the only ones who founded this country. OK

Hand pick blacks from to predominantly white run political systems will not be acceptable in my opinion the ones that might have been good they get killed.

Being Christian is what you make of it. This year it could be burning people at the stake the next year it could be take a bat to the head for god and civil rights.

The sports analogy was for people I guess like you who to me thinks you can have it both ways. Spout racist ideals then whine when we overcome them. So people think that blacks are only good in sports so even in a field that we are so �good� at to not be able to get a coaching position. Also tokens don�t count 1 out of 100 is not a �good thing�

Lets do the numbers ... how many coaches have coached in the NFL league during its total time of being here? How many where white? Who many players went through the league? Who many were white? Who many were black? Then we can look at the percentage of coaches that came form the league as player and I bet you that the percentage is very crappy.

News flash.... there are different people living in America been here for a while too. Their history in America is a good as news that is recorded for white people. Yon know we have Jewish, Black, Spanish or Asian people that have lived here for generations.

DUhhh some people...

Do you honestly think Australian's are taught about Canadian history?
Come on..

BTW we teach our kids to succeed and in every school there are the cool kids nerds and goths. Kids are by nature cruel and will use whatever is available. Including saying �you act white.� Someone said that to my daughter I was so pisssed.

As for the black president you refer too I will take care of them when I get over there but since I�m in America I will deal with this first.

You were raised a bitter, racist male, it's not whitey's fault, truth is personal, the glasses you wear aren't worn by everybody else.
you must be looking in the mirror because that describes you to a Tee!

So from your post I get that the more violent you are the more successful you will be (Animal Kingdom). The law of survival. Then I guess you are not mad at alqida because most of them think like you on the point of kill enough till they move to your position.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
black thought.......
i agree with you wholeheartedly with the big bussiness mantra. i think that problem is not as much race as much as its the lazyness of american youth today. they dont want to do the work they dont want to show up ontime everyday they dont want to work there way to the top from the bottom. they basically want everything handed to them. so along comes these foreigners who are willing to work for substantially less money and work twice as hard. this i do not agree with. if everyone was paid acorrding to there experience, there work ethic, there speed and quality of work it would be alot better. if your better then me then you should make more. i should not make less because you work harder and will take less money. but thats a dream world that will never come true.

i have some what of a problem seeing where your coming from on the racist tip. i dont see how things are so bad. i agree there not so great either, but i think thats more of a class issue. and believe me soon it will be just as hard for us poor white guys as it will be for poor black guys.

money is the key and in the future race will not matter only money and status. also not to sound racist but if alot of younger black guys were able to stop worring about keeping it real and thought more about how can i get in and change the system there would be a whole lot of change but as long as they seem complacent to stay in the past they will not move foward.

as far as the past. thats what it is the past leave it there. teach the younger generation about the future not the past.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I understand that from the top its money. However, if it was just money then think I would see something a little different. I mean there are a lot of people who do have money that The keeping it real you see is mostly to show because of not having people teach then what their next move should be. You would be pissed off if you have to grow up on your own. That is why an identity is needed henceforth either you look in seen mainstream to see how you are represented. If not by choice seen negatively this gets you thinking about what is wrong.

As for not a bad….Well everything could be better opportunity wise. Nationalism should be nationalism and include it all. I have conversations with conservatives and democrats the say they are different but at the end of the day it is for money, but power mean inclusion into the system so that it can benefit you as you say hard worker. I say kids are kids but I could say well those boys in the stixs have a problem with columbine thoughts.

That is why communication is the key to the understanding of this country.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have noticed that a lot of white kids in the 15-20 age range are embracing the white power hoopla, redneck agenda, white nationalism, whatever you want to call it. They fly their confederate flags, drive their oversized trucks throgh the woods, and talk about their guns. That age is when they are vulnerable to others idealology and unfortunalty the hate message the white power movement is sticking. IMhO I think this may be some backlash from 9/11 because many of the same groups/families of kids who were quick to attack middle easterners are the same ones who embrace the white power bs. It appears obvious to me that, at least locally, more youths are leaning that way.

For me, Im barely 23 and am appauled by the lack of respect the generation just under me shows, to me, to people of other races, even the high school teachers are having more problems with it. One example is an ex-coworker who is about 20. While he is an intelligent kid with scholarships, a decent GPA in high school, good worker.... he would brag about how his high school class got at least one teacher to resign each year and how they made a great history teacher of 30+ years of experience have a breakdown in class because of their actions. He then goes on to constantly belittle a hispanic guy who is three times his age at the company, using derogratory terms among other things. This young man really made me realize there is something wrong with that generation.

I tell them how ignorant they are, but they wont listen. For all they care Im just a retard in an economy car. I think their is a big lack of education and a bigger lack of role models today. None of the kids would embrace the white power message if someone they look up to didnt lead them that way. Im mostly white in a mostly white town and that is my $.02 on the 'white nationalism' in my age group.

In Florida the biggest problem I see in the workplace is the language barrier. Especially in blue collar jobs there are a lot of people who speak spanish and no little english. This does upset some people but what can you do, if I were the boss and someone was willing to work hard for less pay I'd be a fool not to hire him or her. Florida is a bilingual state today, many stereotypical 'white nationalist' hate that spanish has become so on, and this is one of the bigger issues they complain about. Hopefully this post expresses how I see the issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It sounds like you have some very serious problems to make a comment like that. He said nothing to warrant that response. I'm surprised you didn't get a warning for that.

It sounds like you've learned to deal with anti-white sentiments by embracing those same sentiments yourself and attacking white persons and defending blacks who express racist views.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I firmly believe in intelligent debate, but I also believe that there is a time and place for violence. I never threatened the kid. He is probably a thousand miles away. I just said that calling someone a "white supremecist best friend" because they tell you there is no equal as far as white/black racism in todays America is a mistake, and a foolish thing to say based on a couple posts he didnt like.
It is no longer an issue of the past. Slavery was obviously not a big enough blunder. Maybe police racial profiling? How about the fact that people (lots of people) still fly a confederate flag? I wont even mention the court systems blatent racism. I am trying to debate, but a comment like that was completely uncalled for.
If I sound reactionary, its because I am. I guess I would rather kick someones ass than "pray for them." I think the former leaves a more memorable lesson.
The point of this post is not to apologize, but to clarify that specific post.
I never ment that I would kick his ass, I just ment that in the real world, as opposed to the computer one, a person like me would have taken action for a comment like that. Call it a warning. I assume you are a younger dude, and maybe a little less experienced in this world, so I would hate for someone to shoot you, or stomp your teeth out because you misworded, or spoke a little hastily.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I have noticed that a lot of white kids in the 15-20 age range are embracing the white power hoopla ...

Define 'alot'. Define 'white power hoopla'. I don't think that
the national stats would support that 'a lot' of white teenagers
get into the neo-nazi or white supremist groups.

They fly their confederate flags, drive their oversized
trucks throgh the woods, and talk about their guns.

That's not a 'white power' thing. That's a 'country lifestyle'
thing. That's a southern pride thing to most (not all). That's a
2nd amendment rights thing. That's a self defense thing.

There is nothing 'white power' about driving a truck or owning
a hand gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join