It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is up with "white nationalism"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
First I should state that I am a Whitey! I do not advocate racism in any way. I grew up in a very poor neighborhood, along with every race and creed. My friends are a huge melting pot of whites, blacks, mexican-americans, columbians, a jamiacan, a dude from The Bahamas, a kid from London, and a couple Brazilians here on visas. I have a pretty varied social base.
When I said I blame whitey for the subculture of blacks that was mentioned, I ment the CEOs, and decision makers of most companies that are in charge of marketing violent, un-moral music. I seriously doubt the black leadership in this country decided to put x crack dealers like 50 Cent in the lime light. I dont believe that is the face of racial progression that people like Al Sharpton or Farakan are trying to teach us. If this is a racist comment, it is because you are on an island thousands of miles away that shares a language with the US, and not much more. You have no frame of reference on America civil rights issues, because all you know is from this message board, and some books. This is my life.

Vagabond, nice post!

I do think we should remember our races, not forget them though. WHile I look forward to the day this planet will have no races, I think we should be proud of our seperate cultures, and even stereotypes. Kinda like Dave Chappelle. Maybe not to this extreme, but you all see my point right?
We are different people. Thats not racist. We shouldnt ignore our differences. Its the animosity due to race that needs to go. I joke with my best friend (a black guy) about racial # all the time, but it is in HUMOR, not hate.
We should all just remember that we are different peoples, with different cultures, and stereotypes aplenty. This is great. There is nothing wrong with realizing the differences between us, just dont HATE.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And thanks whoever that was the posted the FACTS about the BPP. Terrorists are the people that turned hoses and dogs on the people that wanted to drink out of the same drinking fountain, or piss in the same toilet that you do. You are blinded just like the hillbillies were back then.
"N******s with guns! Oh ****!"
Read the constitution. The whole reason we are allowed guns is the very same reason they bought em. If you have a hard time finding any unbiased info on the panthers, its because it doesnt exist.
I suggest the Black Panthers Speak by Phillip S Foner. It includes a lot of their papers, and lots of their writings. Obviously biased in their favor (mostly), but it is a nice snapshot of our past. It is presented in its origional forms, untainted by modern opinion, so you can see the BPP mindstate at the time and decide for yourself if you think they had the thought processes of "terrorists."

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
I, for one, make a practice of beating up racists. Nothing makes me happier than hurting these pieces of crap. We should all go out and start a fight with the next guy we hear dropping the N-bomb, or calling someone a spic.

You can't just go around and beat up people for calling other people vulgar names. I am fat, I get called a lot of prejudice names, should I start getting violent and beating up everyone who calls me names? No...I just flip them the bird, tell them to piss off, laugh at their ignorance and walk away. When you attack a person for using a vulgar name, that is exactly the reaction they want from you, to get enough of a rise out of you to get you all bent out of shape.

Sadly racism is a huge problem, in all races. I do not think slavery is a decent excuse for black people to be racist. It's not like us as white people can go back in time and stop our ancestors from doing what they did. I can understand how a person can be bothered by some of the things that they see a large amount of another race doing, but when that happens to me I try to remind myself that even that large amount of people is only a small fraction of the entire race.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would just like to add that I have spoken to a lot of skinheads because I was curious as to what they are all about. I don't think they are that much of a threat personally, and most of them end up dead or in prison.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And so no more of you wussies get upset about me punching red-necks, I dont punch everyone of em, just the worst.
I am only 6'2" and about 195, so I obviously dont start a fight with everyone, but I am very vocal about hurting bigots.
You can all carry on about how violent, and barbaric this is, but I assure you the next time one of those guys says the N-word he will remember how loose his teeth were the day after he met that skinny dude.

This is my goal, be it barbaric or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
We all have egos and sometimes you might want to listen to what others say about you. I can say "I am great!" all day long that does not mean anything in the end dealing with others in society.

If you have major stakes in a nation then you do not have to separate yourself.

The society already moves around what you think. That is what is so funny about people saying they want a white history month. They teach white history all year long in America.

Racism is a state sponsored agenda that started in America and spread for they’re in its modern form. Before then a French person was a French person by mandate that does not mean that the ruling class somehow looks alike. (Henceforth the recent riots)

The problem more with modern society is that you cannot continue to justify the ruling class looking like a white European male. When I mean ruling class in mean power not just money. Here in America a white Christian male has been the president for over 200 years and with the changing population you would think that there would at least be one out of them that might be from another group of people. ONE That is white nationalism believing that no one else can do it but a Christian white male in America.

There is no reverse racism!

It is a myth if you stack the numbers of wealth whites are still on top. If you look at CEO positions white male is still on top, heck if you look at the coaches in professional sports (because black are good at sports) there is still a problem. As many times as black perform over the expectations on the field they still cant seem to get the coaching jobs. You never know they might be able to teach determination. Get it straight...

You might be uncomfortable about the problem as you should things should change for the better. Level the playing field it will better for the whole hemisphere. White nationalism has gotten us into a lot of trouble with the world. Thinking that no one can tell them anything. Ex: Corporations, US government, WTO, IMF, and others that we do not know their names so readily

The problem is that in places in the western countries they do not teach about others in history. How much do you know about your neighbor that might be Jewish, Black, Spanish or Asian? They have history in America also but those things are considered special history when it should be just history.

I agree history can be used for nationalism and that is a big big problem. If you could somehow see where the problem is that we all cannot and do not want to think like a white male then maybe we can start by learning each others way to communicate then we could see more eye to eye than disregarding almost everything that comes from somewhere else then getting angry when the minorities want to hold on to something from home.

snowflake_obsidian I believe that also just like I believe that we cannot hold 911 as a reason to walk into someones country. Anytime I hear about the war on terror I hear 9/11. And that was only 3k of people. How many people did the US kill to build this nation?

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is funny on the daily show the senate committee was grilling Alito about his membership in a club that wanted to keep Princeton male and majority white. They were saying how awful it was when the Senate itself looks the same way. That is white nationalism hypocritical thought passing as business as usual.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Look at what Robert Mugabe has done to Zimbabwe. If you are really aware of the issues going on in Southern Africa, you would understand that the problems with the world aren't directly related to white leadership.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

snowflake_obsidian I believe that also just like I believe that we cannot hold 911 as a reason to walk into someones country. Anytime I hear about the war on terror I hear 9/11.

I agree with that as well. Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dissenion they are linked to the colonialist if the people who colonized the area paid their bill after they left then they could pay for the need things meaning there will be less strife. And another thing Mugabe is the first president of Zimbabwe. I am sure it will take more than him to straighten it out. WTO AND IMF forgive the debt then all of Zimbabwe money will go to growth and not paying back loans the present government had no power over. When people are hungry it is hard to talk to them about politics.

In South Africa over 60% of the land is still owned by whites and disputed land 98% is still in the whites hands waiting on a better price for it. It has been over ten years since apartide was over. How long should you have to wait on land that is yours by birthright? They are thinking about doing what Zimbabwe did. BTW Mugabe waited over17 years before he took the land from the whites.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Mugabe has mismanaged over 800 million. What is this debt that you are talking about? The buyback program? That was Mugabe. What about the 40,000 Ndebele that Mugabe slaughtered? 40,000 innocent, unarmed people! How can you tell me that it has anything to do with some debt that Great Brittan had with Zimbabwe?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
dissension, europe went into africa, raped it and its people, left it, and now the world expects it to be able to manage itself?

the majority of africas problems can be linked to past colonial rule

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
First of all what does it have to do with WHITE nationalism. Mugabe is the first president of the nation. he alone did not spend 800 million dollars. Where do you get your sources from? BBC? He is trying to get the land back to the rightful owners and that is not an easy process someone will be mad. As for the people killed I am sorry things like that happen as I said before it is hard to talk politics to a hungry person. All they want to hear is were is their next meal is comming from. ex Katrina victems had guns pull on them by the police and miltary all they were was mad, hungry, and hurt. Why dont people over here get mad when they see police brutality, false immprisonment, and political retribution here? Would you be as mad?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from, but that was then. Restitution is still being sent to Zimbabwe, according to the agreement at the Lancaster House, but it is not going to the people. Robert Mugabe is a tyrant. You can be sure that he will be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity in the near future by the UN security council.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just changing the direction a bit...
Who here is familiar with Mumia Abu-Jamal?
Where does everyone stand on this?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
And I agree he is a tryant because under those conditions he has to be to keep order in his country the democraticaly elected him or the UN will be in his country running it. Paul Brimmer was a tyrant, The President of Afganistain, Pakistian, Sadia Arabia, Russia, and China are tyrants they should all be brought up on charges. Because of money they are not and friends they are not going to be.

Before making a final judgement of Mugabe have you seen his speeches in the UN Gen Assbly? Have you read his press statement? please get both side of the issue. (I am not accusing you of anything before it goes that way.)

I cannot go on that because the UN has been a tool for the US and Britian special interest. Look at Iran right now sound real familiar. Iraq maybe?

All I know is that he gets a new trial that is all I heard so far. But we will see...

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThought
Why dont people over here get mad when they see police brutality, false immprisonment, and political retribution here? Would you be as mad?

Not the BBC, Phil Matibe, one of the founders of the political party Movement for Democratic Change. He was exhiled for standing up against Mugabe. www.zimbabwesituation.com... Look to see more of Matibe in the future. In fact, google him.

I get VERY angry with police brutality. It makes my blood boil. I don't care whar color a person's skin is, police brutality should not be tolorated.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
He was backed by the former colonialist powers. that is why he got him out. I would not trust someone like that either. Unfortunatly BBC has nothing good to say about Africa in all of their reports it is always condemed the ativites of African leaders. that is why Mugebe a banned from being in the country in the first place. Almost like the media into Gitmo

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Would you kill someone that publicly opposes you, though? He wasn't violent. All he did was publicly speak out against President Mugabe. Only Bill Clinton can get away with killing his opponents! ***NOTE SARCASM***

I haven't heard of the media in Gitmo. Would you mind sharing a credible link or 2? Although I'm not African, I am fascinated by it. Please don't think I'm baiting you. I genuinely want to learn.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
that was the point there is no media there because it will get in the way of what the military wants to do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join