It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Blue Sparks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey everybody,

Recently I have been seeing bright blue sparks, around my home. I have no idea what they are. The first time, I was sitting on the computer actually on this site, when I was listening to some Alexisonfire
, I saw out of the corner of my eye a blue spark. It lasted about, 1.5 seconds and grew to the size of a cantelope.

The second time this happened it was about 8:40 pm, on Sat/ Dec.17/ 05.. I was watching Muchmusic and my dad was in the kitchen putting away supper. All of the sudden, I saw out of the corner of my eye and intense blue light coming from my hallway which is about 10 feet away from the tv. This one was a lot bigger than the first, I'd say about two feet in diameter, and it lasted for a good 3 seconds so I had time to look at it. My dad came out of the kitchen and asked if I had seen it too and I said yes. We went into the hallway and there were no marks, no lamps or anything like that. We don't have any blue light bulbs, or lamps or anything with blue light in our house. And for both flashes they were not near a light socket, or lamp.

Anyone have any idea what this is about??

I will also post a rough picture of what the bigger light looked light. I think I got the shade of blue right, it was more neon though..

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Now that is wierd. I'm more inclined to believe you being that you have a second witness. My first guess would be some type of electromagnetic phenomenon (maybe), but what I have no idea.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
While I really cannot think of the Latin scientific name for this optical phenomena, it was most likely just a result of a phosphene which usually occurs when the eye is stimulated (e.g rubbing it). This causes small pinpricks (or larger) areas of light to suddenly appear then disappear milliseconds or seconds later. Out of possibility your father could have been rubbing his eye as well and witnessed a phosphene at the same time you did.

Witnessing paranormal "orbs" is not out of the question, but usually those do not become visible unless they are captured in a photograph.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Are you in an earthquake zone? Sometimes electrical discharges can be caused by an active fault line experiencing pressure, or at least so I've heard/read. Never actually seen anything like it myself.

Be aware and watch for more things like that, the location and the description of more could be helpful to others who have seen like phenomenon and they can give you better advice.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
Are you in an earthquake zone? Sometimes electrical discharges can be caused by an active fault line experiencing pressure, or at least so I've heard/read. Never actually seen anything like it myself.

Be aware and watch for more things like that, the location and the description of more could be helpful to others who have seen like phenomenon and they can give you better advice.

Nope I don't live in an earthquake zone. Haven't even experianced an earthqauke here for my entire life, and I know there are no large fault lines even close to here..

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Can you give an estimated lenght and with of this orb?

Something tells me that this is probably just a spirit.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Alright well the first orb, was...like i said about the size of a cantelope. So 8 inch long and wide. The second was was a lot bigger and about 2 feet ..in like height and depth..? Sorry I'm not sure about the proper wording..It was sort of like a larger beach ball..

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Not a possible electrical discharge.

I can already say that the theory of you and your father have phesphenes at the same time is very much unlikely. And judging from the magnitude of the sphere's size it is not an ocular phenomena at all.

The only possible thing left is a spirt.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What you are seeing is a spirit that lives in your home, it is trying to get your attention. Talk to it out loud and see what happens

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not sure if it's the ONLY possible thing left, but I'm leaning towards thinking the same also..The intresting thing is when ever I go down to my basement alone, even if it's completley lit. I feel an overwhelming sesne of hatred and evil. But once I get to the door, it suddenly goes away. I feel very safe in the top of my house, and I feel perfectly safe when others are down there with me. I think it's probably my imagination. But several people have commented about feeling as if their being watched when they go down there alone..

But when I saw the blue light, I felt absolutly no fear of it at all. I was only intrigued, and wanted to see it again..Hopfully if it is a spirit it's a friendly one..

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
An impression like that usual inclines that there is a spirit residing in your house. Whatever you do, if this spirit is casuing you no harm then do not feel threatened by it.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Try to google "ball lightning". Just a guess.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, I would suggest attempting the following three things, if possible.

First, seek your father's aid in the forthcoming suggestions. If he thought he saw it too, then he can help you set things up, and hopefully will encourage you to do them.

Second, start talking to the spirit out loud. Invite it to listen and to be with you in the room, and just ask questions and try to "intuit" the answers.

Thirdly, if there seems to be signs that the spirit is responding (rooms getting colder for no particular reason, sounds, marks, unexplained movement of random objects, or the "dread" feeling making its way out of the basement), then invite the spirit to be photographed. Using your father here would be good, as you can ask the spirit to stand beside him.

Optionally, you could just take pictures of every room in the house.

It's been known that ghosts sometimes can influence photography - perhaps because the film may be more sensitive to odd changes than the eye.

Finally, I would suggest experimenting. Video recorders, sound recorders, leaving out books, pictures, or other things that relate to the spirit (hopefully your intuition helped here) and seeing if, after you leave the area (perhaps to go to sleep) that they've been moved. Try to make some form of contact. That's the best I can suggest.

If it's a friendly spirit, then only good things can come of it. We've all heard tales of friendly spirits helping people to survive things they might not have known about.

If it's not a friendly spirit, try to find out how they died, and help them get past their guilt, remorse, or hatred that is causing them to stay. If you can help them out, they may move on, and the house will be at peace again.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It is best if you attempt what Yarium has suggested.

But whatever you do, for God's sake, do not resort to Ouija.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone's input and advice! I'm going to start trying some of the things you said and I'll post any intresting findings when or if they happen! Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Wow, big blue sparks! There was a short time where I was seeing this light blue spiritual energy everywhere and in almost everthing. So it is probably a spirit. Considering you feel something sinister in your basement, don't let it fool you that it is not theatening in another part of your house. Do you really want to have anything to do with this evil spirit? It is up to you.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike
Wow, big blue sparks! There was a short time where I was seeing this light blue spiritual energy everywhere and in almost everthing. So it is probably a spirit. Considering you feel something sinister in your basement, don't let it fool you that it is not theatening in another part of your house. Do you really want to have anything to do with this evil spirit? It is up to you.

I don't want to have anything to do with any kind of evil spirit except for trying to make it leave me alone..
But latley I've been feeling safer in my basement. I still feel a presence of hatred but it is alot weaker than it ever was..And everywhere else in my home I feel safe...

zef

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I attended a meeting where a Catholic mystic was supposedly having an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Many people there reported seeing the kinds of light you describe during the apparition.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi I have just googles seeing blue sparks as i have been seeing them too
i hadn't told anyone and yet now two people have seen them in my house too I have just mad a video on youtube to ask if anyone else has been seeing them ....thankyou for your post ..Olivia

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangledHeart

Lol, do the sparks look like the flame from a butane lighter or from a jet? I saw something similar a few months back and it was more like a neon blue and it illuminated quite a radius for its size.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join