It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All you wanted to know about Nina Kulagina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well I actually read about her a few years ago and wanted to see if there was a thread out about her. It’s amazing no one made one. So her it is, all you wanted to know about Nina Kulagina

Nina Kulagina was a Russian woman who reportedly had great psychic powers, particularly in psychokinesis. During the Cold War, silent black-and-white films of her apparently moving objects on a table in front of her without touching them, supposedly demonstrating her abilities under controlled conditions for Soviet authorities, caused excitement to many psychic researchers around the world, some of whom believed that they represented clear evidence for the existence of psychic phenomena.

Now not only did she show telekinetic ability but also was proven to have other abilities that were tested in soviet labs.

-She could mentally see things inside people’s pockets.( In 1964, while in hospital recovering from a nervous breakdown, Nina spent a lot of time sewing. Doctors were amazed when they saw that she was able to reach into her sewing basket and choose any color of thread she needed without looking at it)

-when she met sick people she could identify the disease they were suffering from.

-had extraordinary healing powers.(she could make wounds heal up simply by holding her hand above them)

-she was able to make the letters A or O appear on photo paper and sometimes could also transfer an outline of a picture she’d seen onto photo paper.

Doing most of these abilities did come with a price. When performing great feats of telekinetics like moving objects she reported a sharp pain in her spine and the blurring of her eyesight. Some times this would lead to more serious problems like near fatal heart attacks, irregular heartbeat, incredibly high blood sugar, dizziness, and her endocrine system was disturbed. Over the years she even develpoed pains all over her body. Even though it was amazing to have this ability it was in its own sense killing her.

Nina also had demonstrated amazing experiments. Over 60 videos were recorded of her performing various test to prove that she had paranormal abilities.

One of Nina's most celebrated experiments took place in a Leningrad laboratory on 10 March 1970. Having initially studied the ability to move inanimate objects, scientists were curious to see if Nina's abilities extended to cells, tissues, and organs. Sergeyev was one of many scientists present when Nina attempted to use her energy to stop the beating of a frog's heart floating in solution. She focused intently on the heart and apparently made it beat faster, then slower, and using extreme intent of thought, stopped it.

Here is a link to some videos you can download of her performing these feats. Even though there were 60 made i was only able to find 2 lol.
jamesaconrad.tripod.com...

Here are some links with other info on her.(my sources)
www.mysteriouspeople.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.kiwipedia.com...

I think that it would be great if she was alive today because with our advances in technology we could give Nina a thorough examination using cats scans to see how and what part of her brain was most effected when doing tk. It would also be great if we could actually have a DNA sample of hers.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by ATSGUY]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
great thread, I read Nina's name a while ago while reading other paranormal material and meant to check her out, but never got the chance. I have some reading to do. She's seems to be the real deal, do you know if there were any debunkers regarding her abilities?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I must try to debunk the videos. I've seen reports on that kind of telekinesis. What she's doing is she has a near-invisible clear thread in her hands. So long as the thread can go around the object (like the salt-shaker - which is actually the classic piece for this magic trick), it can seem to be pulled by "a mysterious source". Some magicians were actually able to get away with this trick under labratory conditions - as would appear here.

Now, why does it still work when a box is placed on top? Because it's a thread, not a rope. It's so thin that placing something on top of it (so long as the string is already in place) will do nothing to stop it.

However, the watch spinning has me a little mystified - but if the moving things was a hoax, then I can only imagine that in some way the watch spinning was also a hoax.

Sorry, but Ms. Nina Kulagina seems to not be real. Those other stories are probably just rumours and, well stories.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
interesting. I can't say ya or na on this issue, but i do follow a rather strong belief that it is very possible.

to think we only use a very small portion of our brain and the rest is just "off" is a little depressing.

I have tried experiments involving meditaition, and concentration, and have pulled off some amazing feats. while i have not been able to move objects, i have been able to "tune-in" to some mild psychic abilities. there is no other way to describe it.

In martial arts, there is meditation, and ki. which is energy stored and created within our own minds and bodies. I for a time was able to harness this power, i have not tried it for some years, but about 6-7 years ago, i tried the series of events with great success.

I took a brand new deck of cards.....unwrapped them in class (during break)..turned my back, and 3 seperate people shuffled the deck. I was handed the deck, with people all around, and closing my eyes, i concentrated on the "energy signature" of the particular cards i was looking for, picturing the in my mind. these being aces--

by running my ring finger over the top of the deck, without rearanging or moving any cards, i sensed a disturbance....(the best i can describe), and with a part of the deck, proceeded to cut to each of the four aces.

I still am not sure how i was able to do such a thing, but i could do it over and over, as i did many times over the course of a year....more of a parlor trick than anything....but only now do i realize the gravity of what i was doing.

Another instance was i was trying to focus energy out the key points in your palms, trying to externally focus electrical energy to an object..

I took a digital multimeter (used for testing ac/dc voltage), and with one lead in each hand, i closed my eyes for a minute, concentrated, and proceeded to register a voltage reading on the 20 ma setting. I would usually average about 6-9 volts, but once, i even got up to 12.6.

while i have not tried this for some time, i am sure that if i focus my body, that i could acheive the same kinds of results.

Psychic abilities in a nutshell are not that dissimilar from focusing your "ki" in martial arts. Martial arts masters are able to perform amazing feats, like bending re-bar with their throats, driving a harley over their stomachs while laying on a bed of nails.....

I do believe it is very possible, as i have accomplished a very small part.
while it may not be as grand as rotating a watch with my eyes, i still find it difinitive proof that the mind, body, and spirit, when focused specifically, can exert a force that can do almost anything.

I assure you, i do not practice magic tricks, nor do i have outside involvement, these are effects that i have personally experienced, and friends have witnessed.

very good topic.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Mind over matter, that’s what they teach in martial art ands its amazing how one can achieve feats that can seem so impossible.

Anyways I don’t think anyone has proven Nina to be a fraud. Of course I would think that if anyone tried they would be booed out of Russia for she was actually a celebrity at the time.

I was never able to find out if she had these abilities as a child or if they came to her during puppetry. Although most of the biography’s that i read about her start off when she is 14 i can assume that that was when she got them, sort of an xfactor. Also I would like to ask if anyone knows if she has any siblings i was not able to find so.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I seriously think this is a hoax guys. It's not that I don't believe in telekinesis and such - I do believe in powers beyond our mortal selves... but I cannot look at these videos and tell you that it's NOT a hoax. Notice how she never moves things while her hands are open (with the exception of the watch, but like I said, I couldn't explain that one anyways). When moving things, her hands are always flat and making a moving back and forth motion.

It's EXACTLY what I saw on a Discovery show one day that went into Magic Tricks - one of which was moving a salt shaker with near-invisible thread over a white table (where it's even more almost impossible to see). The guy did the exact thing. Palms down, back and forth motion, and "magically" the salt shaker moved towards him.

Trust me here folks, at the very least the videos at least are a hoax.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
i'm sure that it probably is an elaborate hoax....everyone was trying to get attention back then...why didn't they just put up a mc d's and call it a day...

oh....that's already happened.

but as far as kinetic energy.......have you ever really tried to focus your energy in your body?

If you get to a meditative state, or at least a clear-minded relaxed state, then imagine this wave traveling from the center of your body, out your shoulders, through your arms, and into the center of your palms, you can adversly affect things around you.

• EPIPHANY--

I just remembered, there was a time I experienced tk, and it wasn't more than a few months ago. I was drinking a soda, and finished the can. I sat it on the desks' edge, and had my hand near it. I don't remember what i was doing, but i remember feeling relaxed, and not even a thought in my head. All of a sudden, the can started to move towards my hand. At the time, my left hand was resting on the desktop, edge of my palm down, thumb up, when the can moved about an inch towards my hand. It was weird, i thought maybe it was condensation under the can moving the can with different temperature variances between the metal and the desktop, but the bottom of the can was dry, (it took me an hour to finish it, it was warm)--I then tried to concentrate on my hand and the can, AND IT MOVED AGAIN!!!!--only about an inch, maybe a little less, but it still moved un-assisted. I couldn't do it again after that, it was the only time i was able to do it, and i have tried since.

As i was saying earlier......i challenge you guys to try what i've stated....try a small object, or even something that is sensitive to static electricity. open your palms, relax, and follow those steps, i'd like to see what kind of interesting results you guys/girls get..

let me know what happens...i'm gonna practice this week on focus, and see if i can come up with anything....i'm psyched!--i'll keep you up to date if anything changes!

• posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:56 PM
    link   
    Now that i look back at some of Ninas experiments it has come to my attention that when scientist did experiments, one of which she was given a frogs heart in a liquid solution. She at one point made the heart stop with extreme concentration.

Some of you may think it could have been a psychic reaserch experiment but it also could have been the begging of a new special agent. Just think what if Ninas powers could also be unlocked with the passing of her genes. Soon experiments could be cunducted to create psychic killers with her DNA or what not. I belive that the real interest with her was not just because of her powers but that they could have used her to assasinate thier enemys. A perfect kill, no blood, no fingerprints, no one to be seen. Just a simple thought could have put a man in power, out of power and won a war.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:14 PM
    link   
    Back in my prime, I could wobble pens, lol. I always had the same after-effects Nina had.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:36 AM
    link   
    I love these threads... particularly when the debunkers say they believe in this stuff, but the videos concerned are hoaxes.

There is an extent beyond which skepticism flips over and becomes blind belief in the status quo. If you want to know more about this, take a nice slow stroll through the posts and links in this thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:04 AM
    link   
    The videos are gone. I can't seem to get to them. This is interesting, I wonder if the strain on her body could have been alieviated somehow with proper training.

Anyone know where I can get a look at these vids?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:14 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Yarium

I'm sorry, but if you were to actually watch the videos, you would clearly see that Nina's hands do not pull toward herself, as in the direction that these items apparently seemed to be "pulled", there by debunking your theory of how this phenomena is reached. If you pay attention to her hands she moves them in a circle, and it is "pulled" but also, if you pay attention, sometimes when her hands in stationary, the items are again "pulled". Also after she has completed moving one item, she pulls back her hands and drops them, which would pull the item further unless she dropped the thread, but the thing is, she moves right into moving other objects that were clearly not moved before, without any time to pick up more thread for the other items. This would break natural laws of physics if your theory were true.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:38 AM
    link   
    here, you can just type her name into google vids, they usually have a bunch of them...but here is youtube

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:42 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Yarium
    Unfortunately, I must try to debunk the videos. I've seen reports on that kind of telekinesis. What she's doing is she has a near-invisible clear thread in her hands.

Can you explain how she used that thread to seperate an egg yolk in a glass container filled with liquid?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:44 AM
    link   

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:48 AM
    link   

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:44 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Neo-V™

Nice video.

Of course, she moved all those matches with individual invisible strings attached to her brassiere, while an assistant used swamp gas to distract everyone's attention.[/sarcasm]

It's really odd how some people in this thread have an ideological commitment to proving that it's a hoax. One other poster even said, I don't know how she hoaxed [effect Y] but because I know how ]effect X] might have been hoaxed, they must both bo hoaxes.

Simply because the alternative is something he'd been trained to believe is impossible.

But if you'd been brought up in Russia, it would be interesting and entirely possible, not surrounded by a taboo.

People just don't understand quite how much faith-based science there is out there.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:18 AM
    link   
    reply to post by rich23

I don't have a problem with people trying to show how something was or might have been done, but separating an egg in a sealed glass container, changing the rate of a frogs heart beat, and moving non metallic objects encased in glass enclosures shows this woman was genuine.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
    link   
    I have heard her story time and time again, each time with more respect for her and more enthusiasm in my want to learn how she did these things.
    truly amazing woman she was.
    what bothers me is how she got her powers.
    were they a genetic mutation do you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
    link   
    reply to post by NeoAstra

I'm not sure mutation is the right word, I'd say it was more of an ability to manipulate the energy around her, and an ability that I believe we all process, we just don't know how to tap into it.?

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Neo-V™]

new topics

top topics

join