It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Launch of the AboveTopSecret.com Conspiracy Masters Initiative

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Any prospective new member may select to attempt to join as a Conspiracy Master. Your application (which must include a well-written cover letter, resume, and essay on your topical focus) will be reviewed by the three owners of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP as well as our administrators and super-moderators.

Where would we actually send this information?
Is there a link, or do we U2U you?

Just not sure the proper channel for submitting this information.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
maybe i'm just splitting hairs here...but how does one define a "conspiracy master"

it's technically all hearsay and rumors, right?

from what i've read, about 2% of people actually discuss fact, whereas others just propose wild theories with no backing other than "that's what i think"

perhaps, as everything seems to have been doing as our(human) "progress" increases, conspiracy theory is a dying art form, being given to the masses as a means of control, allowing people to think they are uncovering the truth when all they are doing is leading themselves along their own delusional path to the "truth"

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
feel free to tear me apart as you see fit

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion
perhaps, as everything seems to have been doing as our(human) "progress" increases, conspiracy theory is a dying art form, being given to the masses as a means of control, allowing people to think they are uncovering the truth when all they are doing is leading themselves along their own delusional path to the "truth"

Conspiracy Theory, as an art form, is alive and well. It is many different things to many different people. Like any artiface, its not for everyone. it does involve a certain amount of unconventional thinking. I won't deny that thre can be some showmanship to it, but that's true for almost any pursuit you can think of.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

maybe i'm just splitting hairs here...but how does one define a "conspiracy master"

I am wondering about that myself.

t's technically all hearsay and rumors, right?

That depends on the nature of the conspiracy. There are obviously the types that one finds little hard evidence on but for the most part and most types of conspiracies one works from primary source material in that given field putting together information in ways that they decline to.

From what i've read, about 2% of people actually discuss fact,

Then you either have no idea of what 'facts' are or you are spending your time on the wrong sections of the forum.

whereas others just propose wild theories with no backing other than "that's what i think"

You will find these types on all forums and they are sadly the product of modern propaganda; they seem to know a lot but when pressed they have no idea where they heard it...

perhaps, as everything seems to have been doing as our(human) "progress" increases, conspiracy theory is a dying art form, being given to the masses as a means of control,

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
There has never been a greater time and better tools for uncovering the truth and those who can not keep up should just stay silent and read until they do.

allowing people to think they are uncovering the truth when all they are doing is leading themselves along their own delusional path to the "truth"

Everyone believes they know some 'truths' and the aim of meeting places such as these should be to correct each others misguided beliefs.

I have heard your type of reasoning before but i certainly believe that truths can be uncovered but that the process is not so simple and normally involves extraordinary amounts of time and a great deal of unlearning after the misinformation one is exposed to in formal schooling.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

I am wondering about that myself.

Seeing as this is the second topic in which you've questioned different types of "expert" members, I suggest you have a read of SkepticOverlord's initial post in this topic for a definition.

If there is some grudge against ATS that you seem to be holding, why not contact the staff and let us know instead...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Seeing as this is the second topic in which you've questioned different types of "expert" members,

I do it almost everywhere i happen to meet them but it has been quite a while since any of them bothered to object to something i say. This alone is a indication that they are quite expert at knowing which battle's not to fight.

I suggest you have a read of SkepticOverlord's initial post in this topic for a definition.

I did when it was initially made public...

If there is some grudge against ATS that you seem to be holding,

Sure there is but it's not against ATS but against some of the chosen representatives that have disagreed with my opinions and information and abused their powers in the process of doing so. It's one thing to abuse power when you are at least defending the truth but it's disconcerting when people with such badges and claims to status apply their power in such ways.

I know where i stand and i know i can't change the forum, or it's representatives, but i would like to be able to make my opinion known when other forum members have questions.

why not contact the staff and let us know instead...

I have without satisfaction so my response is to make my disdain known once every six months ( so this is it for the year) on threads i don't think anyone even reads. There really is no reason for concern and i doubt the forum will lose any credibility because i happen to take issue with the judgements of some staff members.

Don't worry!

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join