It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To The Great Food Drought Of 2005?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
After one of the biggest droughts in years food prices should be going through the roof and we should be faced with shortages.

So, why aren't we?

www.heartland.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Good question!

I started a thread on this topic a while back and lost site of it: Hey buddy... Spare Some Food?

With all the chickens being killed, droughts in large parts of the world and natural disasters, it's a wonder we are not hearing more about this. Maybe there's enough food in "the system" or in "reserve" to make up this year's losses?

I have noticed higher prices but I attributed them to the high costs of energy. Maybe energy is only part of the story?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
According to the constitution of the US ( I think), The government is required to keep a minimum amount of food reserves to be used in time of crisis for every man woman and child in the country , I think it was supposed to be enough for three months.

I think it is something like 17 minutes for every man woman and child right now which is in storage.

Maybe it is/was used the same as the strategic oil reserve is when things get tight.

maybe the ghouls in charge just don't care.

Anyway.

new topics

join