It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i see a ufo?? help me out here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ok hi guys im new. well i have been reading this site for a few weeks now and now i think i should post what i saw just last night. I was walking home from work when i looked up and saw what i thought was the north star. But as i keept walking it got real bright way to bright to be a star. It went out of sight for a bit as i walked round a corner. Then all of a sudden it wasint there the bright star was gone. Stange i thought then this very slow moveing object was right in front of me around 2 house's hight no sound at all from it. Just moveing very slow. Could this have been a ufo? i just cant understand i have never seen anything like it before. what do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Mars is as close to earth as it'll be in another 2000 years, I think that's what you saw. Maybe some clouds (hard to spot during night time, really) covered it on the other side.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i think your right about mars. but its the aircraft i saw slow no sound. just has me wondering it was right in front on me for around 2 mins as it flew by.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi Stevy,

Check these times and directions against yours. If they match, it was the
International Space Station. If they don't match then you can at least rule it out.

Date...........Mag.....Starts.......Alt......Az...........Ends........Alt.....Az.

15 Dec.........1.9....05:05:06.....16.....NE.........05:06:13.....10.....ENE
15 Dec........-0.9....06:36:45.....10.....NW........06:42:35.....10.....SE
16 Dec.........0.4....05:29:49.....34.....NNE.......05:32:39......10.....E
17 Dec........-1.0....05:54:35.....36.....WNW......05:58:32.....10.....SE
18 Dec.........2.3....04:47:50.....16......E..........04:48:36......10.....E
18 Dec.........0.7....06:19:23.....15......W.........06:23:27......10.....SSE

On the 15th and 17th it was very bright (lower Magnitude numbers are brighter).
This chart is for Chicago. You can get your local data here:

www.heavens-above.com...

Theox

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Stevy where abouts did u see this object, i live right on the edge of the pennine hills and last few nights ive seen the same object your talking off its very bright like a star but its not a star cos its moving,it heads towards the hills then its gone strange thing is ive look at it with my binoculars and it looks like a jellyfish

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
im in ireland. prb a good bit away from you guys. thanks for the info on the iss but ive ruled that out. dunno what it could have been. very bright and low in the night sky. i was around half the size of the moon at night and just as bright.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When I first saw a satellite, I was amazed by how fast it moved and how bright it was, and I thought it was a UFO too until someone told me better. That's my first guess as to what you saw, a satellite. They are pretty common. I used to see one just about every night when I went fishing.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
it must have been a satellite. but it was pritty cool.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
there has only been one time i remeber seeing a ufo....when i was outside smoking with my friend,and we were both looking at the sky,then we both noticed this star,that began to move,we knew it had to be a ufo because it was really high up in the sky,it wasnt flashing lights like an airplane would,and it started moving from a stand still,and ive never seen any plane or star just stop,then move again...well, we watched it,in total amazement,we tryed to chase it ,but the trees got in the way,so we lost view of were it went...ufo's are cool yo!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
yes UFO's are very cool...just most people cant remember being aboard the ufo...only seeing it

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
stevy, sometimes when small airoplaines fly towards u in the night sky, their singular headlight can look real bright and can appear 2 become brighter and can also appear 2 move slightly... however when it finally get 2 about 45 degs u can see the green flashy lights ect... man i h8 that... it always gets my hopes up.

new topics

top topics

join