It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Shoot Downed Iraqi & Cheer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Every coward is against war until it comes to YOUR doorstep. Then they all cheer when the marines show up to kill the enemy. Anti-war types hide behind the "morality" of someone elses blood............

Thats exactly the attitude that makes most of the other allied troops run for cover when a group of so called elite marines come into sight.

It seems to me that everyone here except you want to discuss the subject matter, but you insist on taking it personaly. I thought the whole point of these forums was so that everyone could express their views, WHATEVER they may be!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
The point is the dead can't terrorise anyone else. That's worth a cheer all by itself........

Good Point.

A DEAD Suspected Terrorist is better then a LIVE one.

Good Marines Thinking there!

AWESOME!

DO IT AGAIN!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
What is a Terrorist?

That word is used, when it suits the US Military Agenda and its Advocates.

Who are therse Terrorists?

For you, I guess Amnesty is also a frontrunner agency of the CIA and the US Gov when Amnesty say these " insurgents " are murderers and criminals ?

These guys aren't freedom fighters, resistants or insurgents. They are just retarded peoples trying to grab the power in Irak for their own benefits. Most of them are just driven by hate fo what it's not like them.

Civilians who were fighting the nazis in Europe were resistants. Civilians who are fighting in Irak are terrorist because they don't fight in the name of democracy but in the name of Saddam or OBL.

That's what happen when you give an AK-47 to a retarded redneck.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
...very few people here recongnized that the video is edited - HEAVILY! Why is that there are still people out there who cannot recognize the agenda or methods of teh anti-war folks. They will stop at nothing to create a sense of blood-lust on behalf of US soldiers.

Can I just tell you IDIOTS that I have 4 cousins serving over there now and NONE of them come even close to some of the garbage that you are professiong. Why edit? Why not let the marine make his full statement? Why not show the video in it's entirety? Oh wait - I know why... That would interfere with your ability to peddle your agenda.
It's sad and, moreover, it's disgusting!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I can see some people dont know jack # about warfare and its psychological side effects.

War is the perinnial insanity humans engage in every so often to release the presure and burden of their true natures. Thus, the killing of a hated enemy is near akin to sexual release after a long period of bloodshed and violence.

Thats war. Thats why war is bad.

Thus, i dont fault the Marines for killing and cheering about it. Thats typical behavior for ANY army. More than likely the guy was part of a band that had been harrassing and terrorizing them. Thats what you do in war.

And then of course, when you think about all the times the terrorists have mutilated and cheered and abused the corpses of Coalition forces and foreigners, such as the Fallujiah incident, we see the the terrorist/insurgents/whatevers are on the same level. because its a war. Thats what war is. It brings out the beast behind the men.

The only thing I find disturbing here is the fact that it was being videotaped. In fact, I am noticing this most disturbing epidemic of people on both sides recording the unpleasant acts of war. I mean, if I were one of those marines, you bet Id be cheering and going mad at a kill. But would I record it so long after the war ended and I came home, Id have a video reminder of myself and the madness and horror I took part in? HELL NO.

Id be reliving it every night in my dreams.

I am more disturbed about the recording of acts of war as personal trophies than I am at the acts themselves. REALLY DISTURBED.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
For you, I guess Amnesty is also a frontrunner agency of the CIA and the US Gov when Amnesty say these " insurgents " are murderers and criminals ?

No - Amnesty is Fine.

These guys aren't freedom fighters, resistants or insurgents. They are just retarded peoples trying to grab the power in Irak for their own benefits. Most of them are just driven by hate fo what it's not like them.

You know very well that the Rabbit Hole goes deeper then it appears.

The situation in Iraq is not clearly as "Simple" as we see it today.

What about the Shia Terrorist Militias, that kidnap, torture and kill also the Iraq population?

Hey - they are Under the Coalition Protection, so they are not qualified as Terrorists.

Typical.

Civilians who were fighting the nazis in Europe were resistants. Civilians who are fighting in Irak are terrorist because they don't fight in the name of democracy but in the name of Saddam or OBL.

Resistance is a Result of an Occupation.

Simple.

Every Occupaton will Result in a Resistance.

And from then on its pure Semantics:

Germans called French Resistance - Terrorists.

Germans called Partisans Resistance - Terrorism.

That's what happen when you give an AK-47 to a retarded redneck.

Don't retarted rednecks have a 12-gauge shotgun?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 18/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by switch100
That video is pretty chopped up. It's exerpts from
2 different news stories ...

More disinformation and news tampering by the anti-American crowd.
Typical. Pathetic. And this one was definately low budget junk.
Very observant of you switch.

The cheering? Definitely tasteless.

The cheering? Definately showing a sense of relief from
young adults in a war situation because they didn't die, but
the bad guys did. Cheering because they did their job
correctly and survived. Cheering = stress relief.

No news or information here. Just cut and splice propaganda.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I wish instead of putting down the author, you would all consider the psychological problems with this Marine, instead of a knock down
argument.

It is not "normal" for this marine to be saying such things. That is the bottom line, and thats what Souljah meant.

Jeesh, get over it.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

A DEAD Suspected Terrorist is better then a LIVE one.

There is nothing 'suspected' about it. They were
terrorists. This is very clear and easy to see.
Insurgents are terrorists.

DO IT AGAIN!

and again, and again, and again ....
Yes, definately ... kill the terrorists.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
...are you paying ANY attention to some of the responses in the thread??? This is an EDITED video. The comments from the marine have NOTHING to do with the killing of the Iraqi. Heck, even ithe marines comments are heavily edited!!! Talk about "Jeesh, get over it"...

Why can't you people see the forrest fro the trees? Why are all of the anti-war NUTS so easily duped into buying any video placed in front of them? Oh, I know why - because it supports their stupid anti-American ideals, that's why

I don't recall such comments of discgust over the airing of teh Nick Berg video, the hanging and burning of 4 American contractors or the other countless kidnapping and beheading videos. How baout the insurgent videos showing the killing of US troops in the Humvees? Di d you sickos cheer over those videos bust show artificial disgust over this FAKED video??? You people are sick and disgusting!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Thus, i dont fault the Marines for killing and cheering about it. Thats typical behavior for ANY army.

So,
the US Marine yell: HELL YEAH! AWESOME! DO IT AGAIN!

And the Enemy shouts: ALLAHU AKHBAR!

Go Figure...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
you would all consider the psychological problems with this Marine

Yes, that is an interesting topic dg.

Very few of the people here have been in the military.
Fewer still have been in a war situation where it is
kill the bad guy or be killed.

I have was in the army for five years, but never in combat.
I have no doubt that there is definately a sense of relief
when a firefight comes to an end, and you are left alive
while the bad guys are dead. Relief from stress can show
itself in cheers. I have no problem with that.

It's when these soldiers return that the reacclamation
to society has to happen. There aren't bad guys that
you go out and kill to make the world a safer place.

At this time, having soldiers cheer after a firefight is
okay. It's when they return that the psychological
effects of war have to be monitored. From what I
understand, they are. In fact, war veterans at many
army posts here in America are not allowed to go home
to live with their families for many weeks after returning.
They have to 'detox' from the war situation and go
through psychological testing.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So,

Go Figure...

What's the difference between the marines shouting: HELL YEAH! AWESOME! DO IT AGAIN! and the enemy: God is Greater

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
What's the difference between the marines shouting: HELL YEAH! AWESOME! DO IT AGAIN! and the enemy: God is Greater

Simple answer I see you... They support the terrorists and wish for the defeat of democracy and America. That is the difference. Forget the facts. Forget logic and reason. Allahu Akhbar is the rallying cry of the anti-Americanism.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

You don't see any Difference?

People yelling HELL YEAH! AWESOME! DO IT AGAIN! are not really in Combat - they are in a Game.

The Reaction of this Marine was like, "Hey Dude - Awesome Game you got there! It kicks ass! Lets go play it again!"

He's like this BOOM! HEADSHOT! Guy.

"My Heart is Beating! My Hands are Shaking! But I'm still Shooting! I'm Still Shooting!"

SCARY!

And the other Group of People is shouting:

GOD IS GREATER!

Meaning exactly what?

Allahu-Akhbar means literally "God is Greater", and is a sweeping declaration of God's magnificence, to which nothing can compare. Whenever a Muslim sees something wondrous, the most appropriate reaction is to say Allahu-Akhbar, which can be translated roughly as saying "this wonder is nothing compared to the magnificence of God".

In war, soldiers use these words to find inner strength and conquer fear. After all, God is Greater than this battle, or that war. God is Greater than my enemy, and Greater than any cause I would choose to fight for. God is, quite simply, Greater.

[edit on 18/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
That is an extremely old report, as we all know.

There have been many "Allah Akbar!"'s since then that you have refused to notice, Souljah,and you know that.

We might as well bring up old information, too. Come to think of it, no need in doing that. There have been too many cowardly attacks by insurgents coming to Iraq to screw up Iraqi independence to go far back.

Note taken that you are running out of anti-American current events. I am pleased.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Go Figure...

Yeah....................

Your point?

You obviously never been in the military or war.

I dont fault you for being anti war if you oppose ALL wars and all sides.

I only fault you for lack of perspective and focus on how the big bad real world is.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
THIS JUST IN:

Muslims commit atrocities in Europe on more than one occasion while attempting to take over the world! Europeans responding with what will historically be called the Crusades!

Oh, sorry, no need in old news.

Sorry, it's been a quiet few hours, so I figured I'd drag up some older news for your contemplation.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I wish instead of putting down the author, you would all consider the psychological problems with this Marine, instead of a knock down
argument.

It is not "normal" for this marine to be saying such things. That is the bottom line, and thats what Souljah meant.

Jeesh, get over it.

Actually it very normal. Civilians WANT to believe the hollywood BS of the reluctant warrior. Facts are a relucant warrior is all too soon dead. Be aggressive, kill swiftly and live so the media can persicute you for protecting their right to lie about what you just did.........

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join