It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Shoot Downed Iraqi & Cheer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Watch the Video.

Infowars

The comments coming from the Marine after, are kind more distrubing then the video itself:

"...I mean this guys are Dead now, you know? But it's a Good Feeling, afterwards your like HELL YEAH, that was AWESOME, lets DO IT AGAIN!"

Good Marine!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I totally agree that is kinda worrying, especialy considering those are the people who are supposed to be protecting their country. However i dont know if you noticed but there is a cut in the video, right between "but it's a good feeling" and "afterwards your like HELL YEAH, that was AWESOME"

This could well have been done to discredit the ones who did this, as we all know our governments try to detatch themselves from anything that does not appear to benafit them.

My brother is in the army, and came back from Iraq in August, i remember him telling me stories about soldiers that he saw acting recklessly.

Shameful really, are you suprised the Iraqis dont want us there if our troops are acting like this?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tally Ho
I totally agree that is kinda worrying, especialy considering those are the people who are supposed to be protecting their country. However i dont know if you noticed but there is a cut in the video, right between "but it's a good feeling" and "afterwards your like HELL YEAH, that was AWESOME"

Maybe - still the Marine was clearly Happy and Ready to "Do it Again!"

But I guess that is what the Training is supposed to do, right?

My brother is in the army, and came back from Iraq in August, i remember him telling me stories about soldiers that he saw acting recklessly.

I imagine he has got a lot of Stories, that he really does not wanna share with you or anybody else...

Shameful really, are you suprised the Iraqis dont want us there if our troops are acting like this?

There are no Clean Wars.

Everytime things get complicated, politicans get even more corrupt and soldiers get bloodthirsty.

[edit on 18/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This has been posted already I believe. What's your point on this anyway? Oh wait I already know your point souljah.

Anyway do you know the reason behind the shooting? Is it possible that this man was firing at the american soldiers and they shot him in self defense? Is it possible that this man had killed and american soldier and they had shot and killed him? So they cheered so would I, knowing I'm going to live another day while being in that hole. The point of the thread is for your point of speading garbage again.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
WAR is not for everyone! Some can handle it, some cannot.

I can only hope this is an isolated case where the Marine is justifying it all in his own crazy world and when he comes back home...gets some rehab.
I would say he will need it.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So what even if they did cheer? Ever been in combat there ameri-basher boy? I'd bet not. When you are in a fight for YOUR life because it's kill or be killed, the joy of winning that battle is overwhelming. The adrenalin rush is unbelieveable..............Let warriors be warriors, let stupid cowardly civilians and the media reap the benifits of warriors. There will be a day when the cowardly media and luny left will face Islamo-terrorist when they cheer...............

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That video is pretty chopped up. It's exerpts from 2 different news stories, and the conversation with the young soldier is also cut together, his first statements and final statements are taken from a much longer conversation about different subject matters not relating to the shooting of the injured soldier.

The cheering? Definitely tasteless. The mindset? I'd be willing to bet that individual was shot because he was armed or moving in an aggressive manner with regards to the US Soldiers. With suicide bombers so common in that area, it's a liability to leave individuals in a situation like that alive, considering his proximity to soldiers, and potential to injure many with just the push of a button.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Okaaayy thats my whole argument shot to.....nevermind.

I guess that is what the Training is supposed to do, right?

Well yes but you have to consider the fact that, soldiers are not simply killing machines, you could train an animal to do that. Troops are (or should be) taught controled violence and dicipline.

Besides i personaly dont think that after killing a person you should jump about shouting and laughing that you'v just done so, it isn't professional. Not that i'v ever killed anyone anyway

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Good Marine!

Strangely enough, considering soldiers the world over are trained to express precisely the sympathies shown, I would guess that he is being exactly that...a good marine. Shame really.

Originally posted by I See You
The point of the thread is for your point of speading garbage again.

Don't read Souljah's threads then.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tally Ho
Troops are (or should be) taught controled violence and dicipline.

Besides i personaly dont think that after killing a person you should jump about shouting and laughing that you'v just done so, it isn't professional. Not that i'v ever killed anyone anyway

After every kill I cheered and cried, had joy and remorse. The point is the dead can't terrorise anyone else. That's worth a cheer all by itself........

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
Let warriors be warriors, let stupid cowardly civilians and the media reap the benifits of warriors.

To be fair, having an anti-war stance does not neccesarily make me cowardly.

Oh, and before you mention it, not everyone opposes the US/Western forces only...some people don't like the concept of war, period (as my American cousins would say).

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My husband, a Marine had to kill people. He has NEVER talked about it to me. I've heard it second hand from friends and family. These men cope in different ways. This Marine was perhaps doing his job, BUT i would say he is a good candidate for "help" when he comes home.

IF it felt that good killing someone he's got a problem.

Will he get help upon his return? These men dont think there's a problem until something happens in their lives...

I have had hands placed around my neck several times in the middle of the night
my husband thinking i was the enemy...
Its funny in a way- till i told him to get his ars to a doctor and get on medication.

My point again, this Marine is in trouble psychologically. I doubt if he's being malicious, he's just traumatized.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Let warriors be warriors, let stupid cowardly civilians and the media reap the benifits of warriors.

To be fair, having an anti-war stance does not neccesarily make me cowardly.

Oh, and before you mention it, not everyone opposes the US/Western forces only...some people don't like the concept of war, period (as my American cousins would say).

Every coward is against war until it comes to YOUR doorstep. Then they all cheer when the marines show up to kill the enemy. Anti-war types hide behind the "morality" of someone elses blood............

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

So what even if they did cheer? Ever been in combat there ameri-basher boy? I'd bet not. When you are in a fight for YOUR life because it's kill or be killed, the joy of winning that battle is overwhelming. The adrenalin rush is unbelieveable..............Let warriors be warriors, let stupid cowardly civilians and the media reap the benifits of warriors. There will be a day when the cowardly media and luny left will face Islamo-terrorist when they cheer...............

Hey there mister Nuclear Detonation,

have I yet again, stepped on your delicate righty-war foot?

First of all, I do not need to KILL people to get my adrenaline Rush; there ARE more Civilized and more Heathy ways to do that, ya know?

But hey - Godforbid, that somebody says ANYTHING against the US Marines!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The differences between US soldiers and these terr.... ( eerm I mean " insurgents ", not terrorists, for those who are addicted to the PC things ) is very clear.

Most of the US soldiers have a very good behavior. A few dont' have a good behavior.

All the terr...arrrgh again this mistake, sorry. All the insurgents have all a bad behavior and are acting like beast.

P.S : If you cry when a terrorist die then you're probably yourself a wannabe terrorist.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Why don't you just not read my response?

Men act like men in front of men. He cheered at the time and probably did feel great about what he had done as many do at the time. When he returned to the FOB and had time to think while out of the action he most likely felt remorse. It will be with him forever. He is not a heartless killer as some are making him out to be but a brave person who has to do what has to be done in order to come home in one piece.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

have I yet again, stepped on your delicate righty-war foot?

First of all, I do not need to KILL people to get my adrenaline Rush; there ARE more Civilized and more Heathy ways to do that, ya know?

But hey - Godforbid, that somebody says ANYTHING against the US Marines!

I love the USMC at war...........it means freedom will soon come to that place. UUUUUUURRRRRaaahhhhhhh!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Every coward is against war until it comes to YOUR doorstep. Then they all cheer when the marines show up to kill the enemy. Anti-war types hide behind the "morality" of someone elses blood............

No...I will still be against war whether it is at my doorstep or not.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Why don't you just not read my response?

Lol...nice comeback.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
P.S : If you cry when a terrorist die then you're probably yourself a wannabe terrorist.

What is a Terrorist?

That word is used, when it suits the US Military Agenda and its Advocates.

Who are therse Terrorists?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join