It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty slams insurgents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Amnesty international , an orginisation known for its reports on human rights abuses across the globe has reported that the iraqi insurgents are criminals.

There is no honour nor heroism in blowing up people going to pray or murdering a terrified hostage," the 56-page report entitled Iraq, In Cold Blood: Abuses by Armed Groups says

news.bbc.co.uk...
Seems amnesty internatiol is holding up its end of the bargain of reporting on both sides.

Other reports:

en.wikinews.org...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It took them this long to figure out these terrorists are blowing up innocent civilians?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Amnesty International

The UN’s main human rights body has demonstrated an incapacity and unwillingness to address serious human rights violations and must reform, said Amnesty International as the 60th session of the UN Commission on Human Rights drew to a close. Despite some positive developments, the working methods of the Commission are in urgent need of reform.

The Commission failed to adopt draft resolutions on China, Chechnya, Zimbabwe and the detainees in Guantanamo Bay, repeatedly using the “no action” procedure to prevent discussion of resolutions on China and Zimbabwe.:

"The Commission has demonstrated that it must reform itself if it is to fulfil its responsibility to protect human rights and denounce violations wherever they occur."

The Commission’s complete lack of engagement with the human rights situation in Iraq was a powerful example of its inability to address one of the starkest human rights situations of the day.

"One year after the war, Iraq remains in a difficult transition from a brutal dictatorship that engaged in massive violations of human rights to a government which we hope will respect human rights."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looks like US and UK are in the same "Room" with China, Chechnya and Zimbabwe.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thats all wel and interesting Souljah but thats got nothign to do with the insurgents in iraq, thier warcrimes or amnesty international reporting it.

2 can play this game...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It took them this long to figure out these terrorists are blowing up innocent civilians?

Actually Its the mdeia not reporting it thats the matter mate, very few reports are coming out about it but the ones that are shocking.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Disappointed that Amnesty is not an enemy of America?

Good to see Amnesty is true to what it states as its mission. I'm glad they're showing both sides how much they suck.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Amnesty international hasnt stated anything that people dont already know. As an organization Amnesty international is pretty much illrelvant to the situation in the geographical area known as Iraq.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Then one can wonder why peoples want to emigrate in the UK or the US and NOT in China, Chechnya or Zimbabwe.

Anyway, back top the topic. It was about time these organisations finally understand with wich kind of peoples we have to deal here. In some simple words : Terrorists, murderers, criminals, retarded, rednecks...

[edit on 18-12-2005 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

How can you talk bad about the resistance of Iraq when you have that zionist flag flying, Israel murderes thousnands every year and gets away with it.

I dont know why people get upset when people mention Israel should be destroyed, they are evil meddlers who have caused nothing but trouble in the middle east for decades. There biblical claims of Israel also have no merit because these jews in Israel today are just the scum the world didnt want after ww2.

Long live the Iraqi/Palastinian resistance.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by HiddenReality]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So you support rape, murder, kiddnapping, assult, mutilation and abusing human rights in the support of an oppresive regime?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
There biblical claims of Israel also have no merit because these jews in Israel today are just the scum the world didnt want after ww2.

Long live the Iraqi/Palastinian resistance.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
TROLL ALERT.

HiddenReality has too many 'issues' in that statement
to even begin to address them on this thread.

I'm glad to see Amnesty International actually did something
for a change. Years ago we used to support them. Then
they turned all anti-American Euro-Centric and we withdrew
our support.

I don't know if they said something because they looked like
idiots for continuing to ignore it ... or if they actually believe
what they said. I'm cynical when it comes to them. Hope this
is an uptick in their capabilities and not just a one hit wonder.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Flyers that report is over several months old, why has no countries news station picked it up?

Simple, the media are not reporting what is going on in iraq.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

and exactly what does that have to do with the subject of this thread?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

and exactly what does that have to do with the subject of this thread?

You are Right Amuk - it has very little to do with the Topic.

I wonder why so many times, divertions occur in my threads also...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
... It only took them 15 years to wake up and get a clue. For a liberal, anti-American organization that is a record! I wouldn't go getting all excited however. They are likely to determine that the Americans are still worse though. Only in their teent-tiny little brains could they rationalize such a thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Nope. |Not even the same planet.

Its already been mentioned on here. How many people from the US and UK immigrate to China, Chechnya, and Zimbabwe? Hmmmmmmmmm.

probably count em on one hand.

How many people from Zimbabwe, China and Chechnya immigrate to the US and UK every year?

MILLIONS.

Last time I checked, within the US and UK borders, there were no mass murders, ethnic cleansing, and all the good stuff. In fact, many people go the the US and UK to ESCAPE it.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
... It only took them 15 years to wake up and get a clue. For a liberal, anti-American organization that is a record! I wouldn't go getting all excited however. They are likely to determine that the Americans are still worse though. Only in their teent-tiny little brains could they rationalize such a thing.

Mabye you didnt notice when this was made..
July..
That was 5 months ago, with no coverage....doesnt it enter your head that they might have made other reports but have had no coverage?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Mabye you didnt notice when this was made..
July..
That was 5 months ago, with no coverage....doesnt it enter your head that they might have made other reports but have had no coverage?

Oh, I noticed alright. That was why I stated that it took them 15 years as we were seeing the emergence of global terrorism around 1990. The reason that they get no coverage is because they have marginalized themselves. See, no one pays attention to groups like these with obvious agendas that lie outside the realm of intelligent. Since these bozos have proven to be anti-American, Pro-UN and Pro-globalist they are not going to get alot of play in the mainstream media. In fact, this silly little declaration is probably nothing more than a ploy where they are trying create the impression that they're aligned with the rest of the free world - they're not!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
So you support rape, murder, kiddnapping, assult, mutilation and abusing human rights in the support of an oppresive regime?

No i do not support Israel or its illegal and sickening actions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join