It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Needed In Food And Cooking Forum, Subject Tagging......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've gone through the "Food And Cooking" forum and tagged every thread with the forum title. Now I need members to follow up with subject tags so that the forum is completely searchable.

Every thread will need at least 6 tags at a minimum so that we can easily find what we want. Tags could be any ingredient, the recipe name, the thread author, anything you want. Anything you think will help, because the more tags in each thread, the better the whole system works...........

This is a very small forum in BTS with only 226 threads, but it could become the first fully searchable forum under the new tagging system.

I'm working fairly hard on this new project, and if you drop by to read this thread, do me a favour and drop a couple tags into www.belowtopsecret.com...

It would be much appreciated,
anxietydisorder............

PS. Don't forget, every tag you add, are points in your acct.

[edit on 17/12/2005 by anxietydisorder]

[edit on 12/18/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I did all of page 2 (50 threads). Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Does tagging with just the forum title really help? I really don't know exactly how the new searching using tags will work, but it seems just tagging something with the forum or post title won't improve the ability to search since that infomation is already available.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Does tagging with just the forum title really help?

I wondered that myself. I just added more specific tags because that was already there.
I suppose you could get a list of all food threads on one page... ? I don't really know.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It shouldn't hurt to tag a thread with the title or forum title, but I think that the real benefit to tagging is that each person defines a subject differently and adds some personal perspective to the search process, rather than a mere word search of thread content. It's a kind of meta process, if you will.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I did all of page 2 (50 threads). Hope that helps.

Every tag helps.
Over time the tags will become a very valuable search tool on the ATS domains.

Having every thread in a forum with a common tag should help the search process by being able to search tags within a particular forum.

I've exchanged u2u's with Springer,

And I feel I'm on the right track, but I've also sent a u2u to ScepticOverlord seeking clarity on my tagging.
I've stopped at 5000 tags until I hear back from him.

But please add your tags to the "Food And Cooking Forum" so that one forum has complete searchability with the new tag system....

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow, anxiety, you have been busy

I've done a bit of tagging, even some in the Food Forum, but well, have you taken time off to nap

new topics

top topics

join