It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Box 360 Advertisment Prominently Features a Massive Nazi Swastika

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't care if it was intentional or not, the marketing genius that work there should have come up with a new idea. That is TOO obvious to not notice.

And I just changed my mind about buying an Xbox 360 in the near future.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
ive found alot of strange signs in the media,such as the all seeing eye is everywhere...but i just now noticed this one involving xbox ..i could find a bunch more of these signs,but there would be to many skeptics,for me to try and prove any point.....the bottom line is..you will find out soon enuff how real these aliens really are......you only need to wait until next year to find out,just wait and see!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Nazis signs or not I'm still wondering wich console is the best 1...

PS2 or XBOX ?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Another case of reading into things far too much.

i assume the ad is a tv commercial with the controllers spinning? if thats the case then freezing it and taking a screen shot means nothing. the fact that the controllers are spinning in a circle, to go along with the whole Xbox 360 theme, u know 360 degrees= circle.

also, someone mentioned someone from the inside trying to take down MS. it was mentioned that their software comes out and needs patches and is always buggy. most software is like this. thats the nature of the computer world. as new security issues are raised by people breaking encryptions and such, they need to patch that problem. Also MS pushes their software out fast so its natural that it would prob. be buggy. I haven't yet seen a perfect version of a program from anyone. Hell, even the program I use at work , Autocad, is buggy. Its just the nature of computing software.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
Another case of reading into things far too much.

Try to explain that to a hardcore leftist who see nazis everywhere. And when they don't see nazis, they see right-wingers or Christians. For them, if you're not a leftist as they are or an extreme-leftist, it means you're a nazis, a fachist, a right-winger, a KKK member, a Christian and so on...

Their inner world is full of so-called ennemies.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
exactly. it is a symbol of the sun, which in eastern mysticism, is recognised as the soiurce of life.
the nazi swastika represents the black sun, which is presumably the source of death.

So the Microsoft Swastika (which is kind of Greyish) represents the Source of... FUN? Games?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Maybe it was an inside joke with someone at the Marketing firm, knowing that Microsoft cannot possibly review at higher levels ALL print media. Kind of like how animators will include hidden things in movies (Lion King?) or gamers to show their friends (easter eggs).

xbox360.ign.com... Here is all the media...

This is not a malicious thing, I mean just look at how much Gates and his wife give back to the world iwth thier Foundation.

By the way, 360 rocks and I will buy Halo 3 when it comes out on the PS3 launch date....

[edit on 20-12-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Good photo at microsoft.com.tripod.com...

If you cut out some of the sections from the Windows logo it would look like a Swastika

[edit on 20/12/05 by Atomix]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The controllers in the picture are arranged in a pinwheel pattern. One of the guys I work with is an industrial designer and he says that the pinwheel is used to convey motion and excitement. There are dozens of arrangements that are used to try to get a desired result in the consumer. I have to wonder why there seems to be some people who have to try to find an evil hidden meaning in everything that they see.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Why does everything have to be about Nazi's? I think it looks like a freaking Chinese star.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As someone spoke of earlier, Marketing companies have spent millions to research the best ways to make you remember something, and surprise surprise, the best method to date is hidden symbols in an advertisement.

One example is for a pack of cigarettes in the 50s, I forget the brand, but it was a picture of a cowgirl on a swing. They determined that the average person flips through a magazine quick enough to not truly notice all the aspects of an image, but the mind itself will recognize anamolies or abnormalities in the picture. This mental image will then come back up when you are at the store or see another picture of the product - "I've heard of this before..." Anyway, the ad was a cowgirl on a swing - With a third leg sticking out of her dress. Needless to say, those brand of cigarettes sold very well

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure this is nothing more than a coincidence used to further demonize microsoft.

if they really wanted to make it nazi, wouldn't they use black controllers?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I don't care if it was intentional or not, the marketing genius that work there should have come up with a new idea. That is TOO obvious to not notice.

And I just changed my mind about buying an Xbox 360 in the near future.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by ImJaded]

Too obvious of what? I'm gonna have to agree with everyone who has pointed out the use of the swastika for other purposes and even better the people who pointed out it simply is a rotating set of controllers to represent the 360 element of the Xbox 360.

A topic like this should end up in BTS.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conquistadork
As someone spoke of earlier, Marketing companies have spent millions to research the best ways to make you remember something, and surprise surprise, the best method to date is hidden symbols in an advertisement.

One example is for a pack of cigarettes in the 50s, I forget the brand, but it was a picture of a cowgirl on a swing. They determined that the average person flips through a magazine quick enough to not truly notice all the aspects of an image, but the mind itself will recognize anamolies or abnormalities in the picture. This mental image will then come back up when you are at the store or see another picture of the product - "I've heard of this before..." Anyway, the ad was a cowgirl on a swing - With a third leg sticking out of her dress. Needless to say, those brand of cigarettes sold very well

I have to agree with CD on this one. I could say something about a Coca-Cola ad but it will be wrong of me to do so since it was provogative. But, yes, the manufactures are hiding subliminal images in advertisments in order for the general public to remember them. Here are a few examples:

That is the only one I could find so far becasue others have to do with drug abuse and/or are sex related. But, I find it a good idea for marketing producers to use this type of adversitement method.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for providing that picture brodband, Im having a tough time finding any that don't involve sex or drugs, much like you. Unfortuneately I cant remember for the life of me the magazine or ciagrette brand that ad I spoke of was from, and I did a whole research paper on this!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
there is an interesting thread here on ats about the 'anti-phi' spiral(666). i'm pretty sure it's directly relevent.

link? i tried searching but i suck at searching.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Souljah, I must say, at least you have an active imagination.

Seriously, time out buddy.

There is no Nazi reference here.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If you ask me, the purpose of the ad was to configure the controllers into the shape of an X, consdering it's for the "X" box. It's just a little difficult to make it a perfect X considering the shape of the controllers.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You people need to check this picture AGAIN:

Now tell me, Honestly - doesn't the "Arrengement" of the joypads looks like a swastika?

Yes or No will do.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It looks like a lot of things Souljah. Everything is up to interpretation. Just because you perceive it as a swastika doesn't mean it is unless of course its found out the creators are rabid neo nazis who dress up like the ss for fun etc. Theres more imporant forms of hidden advertising than silly third reich symbolism bs.

[edit on 12/21/2005 by Agent47]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join