It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Serve Man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

An alien visits the earth. He says they've come as friends, and they desire to help the earth and set up reciprocal visits to their planet. The aliens have noticed that the earth is plagued by both natural and un-natural calamities, and they only wish to help. They offer a new power source, an end to famine, and a force field to be used as a defense shield. The alien states, "We wish only that you simply trust us." As he departs, he leaves a book behind.

Chambers is now in line to board the spaceship. As he is ascending the steps, Pat rushes up desperately trying to get his attention. As she is held back by the Aliens, she warns Chambers, "Don't get on the ship! The book, To Serve Man, IT IS A COOKBOOK!" A struggling Chambers is forced into the ship.

Chambers faces the camera and speaks directly to us.

He says, "Whether we are on the ship with him or back on earth, it does not matter; we will all be on the menu.

I could not say it any louder. We will all be on the menu!!

This was a short episode of the Twilight Zone played back in 1962,
and it was this little classic piece of Science Fiction that really got me thinking, if you was a farmer with livestock, it would be your job to fatten them up, simply becouse there would be more meat available for consumption,

How are we all getting fatter?

"We have reached a state of policy paralysis in regards to obesity"
Shelley Hearne of Trust for America's Health.

"This year on year rise in obesity...has been mirrored in the UK"
Dr Ian Campbell, chairman of the UK National Obesity Forum.

US people getting fatter, fast

The growth in obesity is a worldwide problem, but in a study from a United States national research centre found that, in 1991, obesity accounted for more than 15% of the population in only four states; whereas, by 1998, the figure had risen to 44 states.

Ooh la lard! Now even the French are getting fatter

Korean Teenagers Getting Fatter

The fattening of the West is relatively old news, however. What is only just beginning to make the headlines is the fattening of the planet as a whole. The WHO reports that more than 1.2 billion people, about one-sixth of the global population, are now overweight. And they are by no means all in the West.

Obesity is becoming almost as much of a problem in developing countries, paradoxically, as hunger. It has been estimated that more than 115 million people in Third World countries suffer from obesity-related problems such as diabetes and heart disease. People are getting fatter in the Middle East, where, according to the Middle East Online news service, the obesity ratio has reached 60 percent (although one has to wonder if the term obese here refers to what in the U.S. and other Western countries is called overweight.) They are getting fatter in much of Eastern Europe, where obesity rates have tripled in the last 25 years.

Why?
We are being manipulated into eating fatty, suggary and salty food's,
with a constant barage of psychological advertising tatics, by the fast food industry?
and the manipulation starts early,

Four Ways Junk Food Marketing Targets Your Kids

could the aliens be farming us for food?
could we be on the menu for hungry aliens?
I know that this concept is way out there in conspiracy terms but just think about it, on Earth humans are top of the food chain, this is becouse we are the most intelligent species on the planet, imagine what the scenario would be like if this was to change, an advanced alien lifeform exsited and came to earth, wouldn't they then be at the top of the food chain?
and what if these little critters considered us very palatable?
It's nice for ufologists to believe aliens/ufo's are visiting us only to
help Humanity, but what if there not? what if there fattening us up like a farmyard chicken for some sort of galactical banquit.
And ponder this, maybe the governments of the world secrecy and miss information regarding ufo's/alien's is to protect us from the horrible truth?

Study: Eat fast food, get fat and sick
May i had if you have a Junk Food problem plz read Fast Food Nation

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Haha, that was a good episode. But, if aliens were trying to fatten us up to consume us,and the government was covering it up to hide us from the horrible truth. Why on earth would food companies and the government go along with it and keep fattening us up. Because "us" is also them...the government workers/officials. They eat the same food as we do, no special diet for them. The men and women who run the junk food companies eat what we eat. Seems crazy that "they" would be fattening us up for the aliens when "they" are "us"....haha that was kind of confusing. But see my point. Unless somehow the aliens are forcing the companies to fatten us up and forcing the government to cover it up i dont buy it.

But, i do commend you on your research, it is rather extensive with many exciting articles. Posts such as your are a joy to read because who knows it may be possible and all the information you supplied is rather interesting. Unlike others on the site who post a 12 word thread with no links or thoughts on the subject and expect us to reply.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
thanks Uber Fr0g,
I hear what your saying, but who is to say that the government aren't as much in the dark and we are, i mean its a bit of a far out view of why the world is creating an obesity phenominon, and if you are of the persuasion that we are not alone, then its a good idea go go on a diet

All the best... ian

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can't imagine any alien would be stupid enough to ingest us considering the garbage we are loaded up with.

That would be as bad as us loading our cattle with all kinds of adulteration to fatten them up for us to eat. Oh, wait a minute.......

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Your thread is interesting to say the least. I definitely began to feel very paranoid while reading it! You've got my way above vote

And in response to Uber Fr0g....if this IS the case, then couldn't there be a deal whereby the food companies and government stay safe, as do their families. After all, theyre the ones who'd need to keep enough of us all alive to keep reproducing to...satiate...the aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Definitely one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, next to "Nightmare at 20,000 feet." I've read all about aliens eating us, including the Reptilians eating all of the nation's missing children at a base under Denver International Airport. I just don't buy any of that stuff.

Hopefully I'm never proven wrong...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah I dont think the Aliens are interested in eating us.

We are just naturally prone to seek out fatty and sugary foods because they are nutrient rich and hard to find in a NATURAL environment. Now with the Mcdonalds up the block, it throws the whole process out of whack.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah. Sorry, my post mighta been kinda misleading. I don't actually really believe this...although it is interesting. I think a lot of it is down to human psychology. We're naturally averse to effort, and until not so long ago cooking was the one piece of work we HAD to do, now with fast food we don't even have to do that, so I gues it's only natural that a majority would eat the unhealthy (but convenient) fast food.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
We are naturally attracted to fatty foods , or foods containing high carbohydrate content , they immediately make us feel happy/relaxed , when we eat them , our bodies signal to us we need not chase down any more to eat , we are full , we can rest in front of the TV/Computer We can go to sleep .
We become fat , but still have a natural attraction to foods which make us that way , life is easy , we become fatter.
Don't scare people into running , it may cause a worldwide earthquake , or why is it that the pole may be shifting?.
It isn't food , it is inactivity.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ill take the information in this post into consideration...If I see an alien with a knife and fork ill be sure to run, and not assume it is inviting me to dinner.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Ill take the information in this post into consideration...If I see an alien with a knife and fork ill be sure to run, and not assume it is inviting me to dinner.

Or you could say you're a vegitarian, but you hear that (Insert name of your arch nemesis here) is very tasty.

Also, I just remembered, I did read something ages ago about tanks at Dulce where they extracted nutrients or something from human and animal remains. Not sure if it was ever proven, but still intersting and relevant I guess.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately we have human cannibals. I am more worried about one of them than aliens ingesting us.

Man ingesting man is my worst nightmare. It is like feeding offal to cattle.

I have had experiences since the age of four and been left well intact. If anything, I have been more enlightened and not been prepared for thier tea.

love, light and peace

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well, rachel07....perhaps on your particular experiences..the aliens had no ketchup available
...I really don't think we are a "planet butchers" but I do wonder about cattle mutilations, etc...perhaps they are harvesting reproductive organs to import cattle and /or other species to their own planet for consumption.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If they don't harvest us soon, they'll be too late. But I am sure they know their food production timetables. It is just amazing how close they are letting it come to being too late, and wasting a lot of their bounty. If I am still here on December 21, 2012, I'll be sure and try to find out the stats on their reaping, and post the details. I doubt they can be counting on much more than 7 billion units from this size of planet, but I don't know.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No after 42 years they could have already had me for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I have had dna extracted from me, but we are doing that ourselves to other species and the governments talk about using dna to make it possible to identify people (i.e. identity cards)

As far as, I am concerned, some groups are doing no more than what mankind would do if given half the chance.

love, light and peace

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Of course I'm only 41 so what do I know. I doubt we are a crop, but who knows? I like your posts, and because of my lifelong series of bizarre and logic defying events, I believe you. Science is in its infancy, and has far more yet to learn than has been learned. David Copperfield once said scientists are his favorite audiences, cuz they are so sure they can't be fooled.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaOfTheOmega

And in response to Uber Fr0g....if this IS the case, then couldn't there be a deal whereby the food companies and government stay safe, as do their families. After all, theyre the ones who'd need to keep enough of us all alive to keep reproducing to...satiate...the aliens.

Anything is possible i guess.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Possibilities of impossibilities prove your point. When we live in a world with sugarfree candy, jumbo shrimp, and necessary evils, I'd say anything is possible. Except lower taxes, and 'real' life insurance.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Iamian, as soon as I saw the name of this thread I remembered watching this episode when I was a kid. I think your post is cool and I did read all of it and the others, but I secretly hoped this was going to be about the classic Twilight Zone episodes.
but I'm sure there is already a thread on this ?.Funny though, when we were kids we would laugh our arses off after watching sci-fi like this and then, when that alone feeling creeped in later in bed, we would wonder

It sure is nice to know that the ability to 'wonder' is still alive and free.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
25 Oct 1990 / 7F04 - Treehouse Of Horror 1

"Hungry Are The Damned" The Simpsons are abducted by aliens (aliens kidnap the Simpsons, and invite them to a 'great feast' on Rigel 4). Lisa thinks they abducted them so they could eat them, but they were really going to send them to a planet and treat them like gods. The aliens feelings are hurt, and they let the family go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join