It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't get no gear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey, here I am again. With another really weird question... I guess this fits in this thread the best because the people here would know what I'm talking about.

As some of you know and can tell by my location, I'm living in Colombia S/A.
And as some of you might know, here it is practically impossible to buy gaming gear of modding parts for a computer...

Maybe one of you knows a site or some business that ships the stuff all the way over here...

I’m talking stuff like artic cooling supplies, zboard gaming keyboards and all types of modding gear like LED cables and power supplies ect...

Ok thanks for your time, hope someone can help me with this.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
ouch was going to say have you tried New Egg.... but believe its only USA

I'll ask around.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I assume you live in South Africa (as you said SA) ?

If so, try this.... I live in the UK myself, so can only guess at who to go for, but I googled for you and came across these guys:

Digital Planet

EDIT: Pants, I now see your avatar and read "Columbia"....Man, I am stooopid....

Hang on, and I shall get you one for your neck of the woods...If I can read Spanish....

[edit on 17/12/05 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
colombia is in south america dunno if that matters for the link you provided...

I am sure there are some out there somewhere but are they trustworthy?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hmmm...Its much harder finding anywhere online for computers in Columbia.

I hate to say it...but.....Have you thought of buying from Dell? I assume they can ship worldwide....even though I hate Dell....

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I just hate dell tech support and well dell graphics drivers LOL!

but if he's got the disposable income to buy a DELL XPS that'd be the way to go :p

but you know you can build the same thing so much cheaper... there's gotta be something out there... no local shops darkflame?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah, there is bound to be somewhere to buy parts from, especially in the capital. But without any language or local knowledge, I am afraid I can't really help.

Home building is the way to go if you can put up with the constant headaches it will give you until it works. It will cost so much less, but then you have the hassle of actually building it yourself to contend with.

Personally, I would recommend Alienware if they will ship to you. Expensive, but they look cool as hell and will kick the arse off anything that you try and play on it for years to come.

A top-of-the-line desktop from them would probably set you back nigh on £3000 though, whereas you could put together one of you own for 1/2 that price. My housemate just got a 64-bit AMD computer with a 256MB PCI express card with all the other gubbins for £700 off of Overclockers. Cost about the same as one he wanted to build himself.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well atleast I don't feel like it's just me. I think i found a guy today though that imports stuff from the USA. I mean this guy goes there personaly, buys a bunch of stuff and sells it here. I have to wait and see the prices...

Thanks for your help anyways.

But hey maybe I'll get lucky...

new topics

top topics

join