It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Dave Chappelle Taken Down by Oprah and Co?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj

Originally posted by trudginup

It's not real.

Here is a link----->Clicky
It's mad to see how gullible people are. Or racist.

So who are you saying is a racist? The people who pulled off the prank, or us at ATS?

Just to point out, I had a friend tell me about the Chappelletheory.com web site, a month or two ago, and he thought it was true ( and he is black ) so the will to belive or just wanting to figure out why Chappelle went AWOL is strong in alot of us. But it doesn't mean we are racist.

I asked my self years ago what would happen to me if I won the lottery or became rich some way and I figured I would blow it some how (drugs over eatting, some other form of over ingulgence) and this was well before Dave did it, so I would imagine it would be hard to bust your but your whole life, work hard at what you do and then to become as succesful as Dave has become that it would be a heavy burden to bare ( no matter what race you are).

Good luck Dave.

No that part was a joke. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The WHOLE video interview is in the link below Very interesting check it out.

The story in the web site may have some truth HOWEVER is hard for me to fathom.... It may be truth mixed with lies so that anyone who tries to say there was any foul play at all would be associated with a wilder crazy story an just be dismissed as crazy... like how a disinformation agent dose.

www.youtube.com...

width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/WDC1SLPYvl4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They had a re-airing of the Actors Studio that ET made reference to, last night...

I am sure it will be reshown... so keep tuned.

James Lipton is cool before cool was cool... and Dave was perfect...

He really shows his true self... Great guy... but a normal great guy... not a superstar, by his own claim...
he also has some very real normal guy issues...
I have never had such an insight into the struggles of Fame...

BTW: he claims it was the pressure of going from a fun loving normal "walkin down the street" guy, into a megamillionare that required security to go outside...

he also set the record straight in regards to his controversial skits...
and said... they are what they are... me being funny... (and they are)

the only pressure he talked about was from his relatives, and it was mainly about the N-word...

I think Africa was a great thing for him, at a perfect time.

and no... he isn't a fervent Muslim now... just a normal beleiver...

He is presently looking to get back into solid work, so look forward to seeing more, unless he truly was blacklisted...

Welcome Back Dave... we missed you, and for more than just your humor...
Respect!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just posted on CNN at 11:05 eastern.

www.cnn.com...

Draw your own conclusions......

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Interesting...
I dont think dave needs his controversial material, to be funnier than heck anyway...

I enjoyed his "in your face" material... but i do see how society isn't mature and responsible enough to enjoy it yet...

I had a redneck send me the "black reparations" skit... and while being funny, was a little too close to truth... and not outrageous enough to make light.
and "they" the bigoted rednecks were using it to show that blacks can't be responsible with money...
I am quite sure that wasn't the result that Dave was hoping for...

But I guess the Clayton Biggsby skit was good enough payback...

UPDATE: We can now assume that Bill Cosby didn't have anything to do with Daves escape...
He thinks the same way as Dave regarding making fun of the weakest links of Black Culture... (except he is serious.
google "we cant blame white people" to hear a Rant by Bill, that makes Clayton Biggsby look like a black rights advocate...
and Bill is right on also...

[edit on 2-3-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fugue
Just posted on CNN at 11:05 eastern.

www.cnn.com...

Draw your own conclusions......

Interesting.. Dave Chappelle left because he wasn't feeling good about how the show was going and he felt the direction is the show was being manipulated by people placed in his environment to pick at his brain.. this is what he expressed in interview with Oprah Winfrey..... SO he quit because he wanted to remain true to himself and didn't like his environment and now they are thinking about putting stuff up that chappelle doesn’t' want out while asking him to come back on the show.... hm.......

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey unfortunately the video interview with opera where Dave expressed he felt things where PURPOSELY being set up and done to him to put stress on him is nowhere to be found on the net anymore!! So irritating because cahpelle expressed allot there, and it was interesting to how he was nervous when talking about it.. however mainstream media would reframe nervous to crazy...... I suspect something fishy about the whole deal, but the chapelle theory sounds way to far out, but I think something is up. just not sure exactly, but it's definitely some conspiracy I think.

If anyone finds the video resurface please post it or send it to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Like a puppet on a string, swinging to and fro, this way and that. Trying to explain the inexplicable, with his a$$ in a sling..... damned if he do and darned if he don't.

Remember, Cos isn't making fun of the situation with youth culture, he's serious, and now Oprah's doing shows on sex addiction, talking about male members in a way that'd almost make a stripper blush. Diverting attention? Curiouser and curiouser.

The voodoo, black crusader angle doesn't seem so crazy after all.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey guys don't know if anybody caught Chappelle on Inside The Actor's Studio (Bravo network) but it was pretty good imho. He discusses everything about his show on Comedy Central (and his feelings over the fame and money), all the rumors and why he went to Africa. Was very informative (over 2hrs if memory serves) and funny; he had Lipton dropping F-bombs (in fun) and dancing....

If you've got Bravo on your cable network i'd recommend checking it out.

Here's the schedule for showtimes: www.bravotv.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Chappelle was censored to pave the way for Obama's candidacy.

--mooncrackerz

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Bumping cause I miss the Dave Chappelle show,and all its awesomeness...........

Damn you Oprah............
edit on 27-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonymous ATS
Chappelle was censored to pave the way for Obama's candidacy.

--mooncrackerz

Plausible.

breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/19/clinton-camp-allegedly-threatened-to-shut-down-comedy-club-that-made-fun-of-her/

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 21-11-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join