It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $30,000 UFO pic. (possibly the best daylight pic)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Got this today. This guy seems to have captured a spaceship in one of his pictuers. He claims that it is not fake and he says that he knows that the picture cannot be debunked. He wants to sale the pic for $30,000
I think that the pic is pretty cool. I can't tell if it's the real deal, so I need some feedback that may enlighten me. The guy even included the link to the UFO watchdog, they tried to debunk it and said that it was a bird. What do you guys think?

See picture and story here

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Cabanman]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Seagull.

I don't need to see the debunking link to know it's a seagull and anybody with 30K to spend is probably intelligent enough to know a seagull when they see one also...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i dunno... it looks a bit like a penguin crossed with a wombat. Maby its a space penguin...

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Monkeyz]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Definately a seagull you can see the eye and beak just think the photo has been taken at a point in its flight action where it is initially hard to tell what it is!

If he gets $30000 for this I'm goin buyin a camera an doin a bit of bird watchin

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think it's a bird, especially in the final shot where you see it's over water. When I first looked at the close up I thought it was some kind of sea bird, then when I saw the wide shot it knd of sealed it up for me. Save your pennies.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Got this today. This guy seems to have captured a spaceship in one of his pictuers. He claims that it is not fake and he says that he knows that the picture cannot be debunked. He wants to sale the pic for $30,000
I think that the pic is pretty cool. I can't tell if it's the real deal, so I need some feedback that may enlighten me. The guy even included the link to the UFO watchdog, they tried to debunk it and said that it was a bird. What do you guys think?

He also mentions that he had also taken a before and after pic of the one posted (high resolution), and has taken a video clip of the event. Everyone, including the people from ufowatchdog r relying on the low resolution photo. so drawing a conclusion may be premature.

Yeah, OK. From the low resolution photo & from our vantage point it does look like a couple of seagulls

...but, from our vantage point, the following photo looks like a face on Mars:

[edit on 17-12-2005 by evilution]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Most defiantly a seagull, I can make out the head and beak quite clearly. The wings are at an odd angle and make it appear to be a disk shape. Pretty good optical illusion and he may genuinely think its something real, but defiantly not worth 30K…

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
oop, misstook its tail as its head... then i noticed the beak and the eye on the other end. this definately an IFO.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I must admit that it does look somewhat like a bird in flight. But this image also reminds me of the roswell ship. I went to the Roswell museum and they had a ship that looked like this.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
In any case, it's not worth 30 grand. What is that guy thinking?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
take a look at these ships. They are artwork from the Roswell crash.

This is the plastic ship that they have in the Roswell museum.

Also some more images here

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The wings look weird, like they are circular going around the body, but it's so poor quality that it's most likely photoshopped anyway. Ahh... wait a second... it was hard to see. Okay, no photoshopping, just a poor quality picture. Yeah... that dark spot on the birds left wing isn't on top, it is underneath and the wing is cupped up. Looks like a perfectly normal seagull now.

With the perspective of the pic over a giant body of water (where you will most likely find seagulls in most towns, down by the river/lake), you can't tell how big it really is. But I say the seagull is pretty close to the camera in the pic.

There is this thing that seagulls do on really windy days, they cup their wings even closer to their body and cup them to the extreme, as seen in the pic, and they can do this weird kite thing where they will just kind of hover in the air without making much headway, against a strong wind. Seen it a lot.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
myvote goes to the seagull. Not only the shape which I recognize very well, but it's eyes are quite obvious in relation to it's beak.

definitely a gull!

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You' have to be pretty gullible to believe thats a UFO...its not really something to crow about in my opinion...But who am I to have a flaming go...Getting cash out of someone for that pic would be a real feather in your cap...Does the owner want monies up front, or will they send me a bill?

[edit on 17-12-2005 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilution

He also mentions that he had also taken a before and after pic of the one posted (high resolution), and has taken a video clip of the event. Everyone, including the people from ufowatchdog r relying on the low resolution photo. so drawing a conclusion may be premature.

Yeah, OK. From the low resolution photo & from our vantage point it does look like a couple of seagulls

Point me to where it says he took a movie and a before and after shot please. I've just looked on Rense and on the original posters link and there is no mention of a video. There was no "event" to capture on film as the guy clearly says he was taking a picture of a ship whilst he was on a ferry.

He only mentions a high resolution version, which I can't believe he didn't submit in the first place.

Either way, it's clearly a bird from that shot/angle and anything else is from people wanting to see something more than whats really there.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by timb3r]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i had a quick look and it's a seagull gliding without a doubt sorry folks

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For some reason to me it looks like the actual spaceship has been edited in. I zoomed in and you can see what looks like it's been edited in. Why doesn't he put a full size version on his site?

Ohhh and in the other pictures the space ship is facign the same exact way and it looks exactly the same. Same angles and everything. It's jsut been made larger or smaller.

[edit on 12/17/05 by cpr12r]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
i had a quick look and it's a seagull gliding without a doubt sorry folks

who are you apologizing 2? prtty mch evryone came 2 the same conclusion...

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's painfully obvious that it's a seagull, anyone who thinks otherwise, to be frank, is a bit thick.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I completely agree its a seagull, but ive emailed a bird expert in the vancuver area just to verfiy what kind of seagull it is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join