It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there chinese spys in australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
this topic is directed to all you aussies who are on ats. though im not technally concidered an aussie (i just live here(leagaly)) there has been alot of argument about the chinese sending spys over to australia for reasons of their own (which shall be reserched). there has also been rumers about 2 of them just giving up! sounds like them..

if anyone has any, deeper, infomation on the matter it will be of great interest to me and some other viewers out there
www.csmonitor.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.csmonitor.com...

[edit on 17-12-2005 by funny_pom]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Aussie mainland is playing a increasing role of importance in Asia as western influence is coming under attack in many corridors in this area of the world. The bases in the Phillipines and Japan which used to be dominant in western influence are fading in importance. Much of this use of these former bases is moved to Austraulia with the advent of satellite survelance. These bases and the functions they used to serve are no longer needed. The monitoring of Asia can be done from Austraulia. Austraulia also has several port citys friendly to the US Navy and as a result Navy ships which used to pull into and operate out of the Phillipines and Japan are using Austraulia.
The evidence we mostly see here in the USA of the increase in Austraulian influence and importance is Austraulian movies, wildlife programs and a steak house chain. This is merely a tell tale of other importance things going on down under.
All this means is that Austraulia is moving up the ladder economically...and hence militarily. Austraulia is becoming a bigger player in the international scene. Hence the necessity for China to monitor it through several means at their disposal. This was not so important say...twenty years ago.

I am not sure but are they planning to hold the Olympic Games in Austraulia at some time in the future??? This would be another tell tail confirmation of Austraulia becoming more important on the world scene.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well Hong Kong only went back to China's hands in '97 and was in British hands 'till then. Come on think, where would the U.K. be without Australia and it's natural resources. There is a major reason we aren't a republic.

We had, "The Best Games Ever" (according to Samaranch(spl?) ) in 2000 and are having The Commonwealth Games in '06.

Australia is very 'cosey' with China to the point of 'fobbing off' one of their Government Officials, who tried to defect here recently, telling us of their spies kidnapping Chinese citizens from our shores. Last I heared he ended up being well received by the U.S.

We have very many Chinese citizens working and studying here so they have to be "watched" for the formation of ideologies contrary to their nations. Our Government seems to support this practice. Why cost ourselves billions in trade for the rights of a few individuals? Though when it comes to spying "against us"......well, people have jobs and they do them, simple.

Funny, most of the world laugh us off as the "ass end of the world" when it comes to world political power, forgetting, "if you don't poop, you die".

[edit on 17-12-2005 by suzy ryan]

[edit on 17-12-2005 by suzy ryan]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well one idea to think about.. Chinas running out of room.. Australias a perfect spot to move on into...

much of the spying scandal in AUs had to do with falun gong. Now why is that, why is it banned in China.. why does it require so much dirty spying? Mayhaps they are on to something that just happens to need suppressing...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
China bought a LOT of coal from Australia last year. No doubt they'll do the same this year. Spying can be economic based, not just ideology. I wouldn't be suprised if some of those spies are concentrating more on money/resources control than Falun Gong etc.

I am not sure but are they planning to hold the Olympic Games in Austraulia (sic)at some time in the future???

No, they're planning to host the games in Beijing, China. Australia had the olympics in 2000. oh, and we kicked a**e (or a** for yank's)

movies, wildlife programs and a steak house chain.

Steak house?? I've never heard of an Australian steak house. Does it look like this inside ?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It looks like this:

www.outbacksteakhouse.com...

From the above website:

"An Australian steakhouse concept open for dinner only. Although beef and steak items make up a good portion of the menu, the concept offers a variety of chicken, ribs, seafood, and pasta dishes. The Company’s strategy is to differentiate its restaurants by emphasizing consistently high-quality food and service, generous portions at moderate prices and a casual atmosphere suggestive of the Australian Outback."

It's motto is "No rules, Just Right" and they mean it. There aren't any rules when ordering; if you want something done differently, they do it. I.E: Rare steak with blooming onion bits scattered about, smothered with gravy.

I, personally, love the place. I don't like the poor aussie accent some of the employees try to emulate when answering the phone, however.

That is all.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by intrigue]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Wow. I think they missed the point though. I mean, we're the only country I can think of where we can legally eat our national symbol !

And they don't have pavlova on the menu either.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by fingapointa]

new topics

top topics

join