It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms cache found in Clichy-sous-Bois France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Interrogation of detained suspects in France earlier this week led to the seizure of an arms cache, consisting of explosives, guns and French gendarmerie and special forces uniforms, in a suburb outside of Paris on Wednesday.

Guardian

Among arms found were a kilo of TNT, 19 sticks of dynamite, 10 standard detonators - one capable of being set off by remote control - fuses, rifles, bulletproof vests, and French gendarmerie and special forces uniforms, police said.

"There were lots of elements showing a mix ... between Islamic militants and armed robbers," national police chief, Michel Gaudin, told the Associated Press. One suspect was in touch with an intermediary who had contact with al-Qaida in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, he said.

Monday's raids on homes and internet cafes around Paris followed close surveillance of the alleged network spread over several months. Among those detained were Moroccans, Algerians and Tunisians, including women, and French nationals, several of whom were reportedly happy to admit support for the Islamic cause.

Clichy-sous-Bois gained world wide notoriety during the riots earlier this year in which 'disaffected youth' burned thousands of vehicles. Sarkozy claimed that a lot of the agitation amongst the people of that neighborhood came from people who did not want the police presence in that area to interrupt criminal activity.

I'm glad they kept their presence up and were able to find this weapons cache as that was some pretty dangerous stuff. The uniforms were especially worrying.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Helps reafirm a few things.

Interrogation works, and should continue and be expanded upon.

Surveilance works, and should continue and be expanded upon.

Racial/Religous profiling works, and should continue and be expanded upon.

France has a Islamofascist problem and need's to get tougher, they need to adopt a policy currently being discussed here and that is stripping Duel Nationality serious criminals of there Citizenship and shipping them off over the sunrise.

I feel all these goings on will result in a massive swing in votes to right wing political parties in Frances next election and shortly after will be riots probably like none ever seen before.

Innocents will be caught in the crossfire, racial divides will grow, more countries will have massive civil unreast, the Human race will loom closer to self anihalation.

boom, the end.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So I guess France's policy of pacification towards terrorists, and their opposition to the Iraq war (thanks in part to Iraqi bribes) has done absolutely nothing to shield them from the onslaught of radical Islam. France is being overtaken from within by Islamofascism and I cannot think of a more deserving country!

Hopefully this will serve as yet another example of why radical Islam must be confronted head-on, with strength and unrelenting military action. Or you can just sit back and do nothing as the extremists use your own freedoms against you!

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
So I guess France's policy of pacification towards terrorists, and their opposition to the Iraq war (thanks in part to Iraqi bribes) has done absolutely nothing to shield them from the onslaught of radical Islam. France is being overtaken from within by Islamofascism and I cannot think of a more deserving country!

Hopefully this will serve as yet another example of why radical Islam must be confronted head-on, with strength and unrelenting military action. Or you can just sit back and do nothing as the extremists use your own freedoms against you!

You are exactly correct, i cant beleive so many people and indeed nations still think that feeding the Crocodile will save them, all it does is save them to be eaten later.

top topics

join