It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Top Sinn Fein I.R.A. Official Confesses To Spying For The British

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As i said, im not digging up history and im certainly not getting into the subject of a death of a family member and why the IRA decided to shot and kill him.

Can we please keep this on subject?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Please keep on the Topic at hand and not personal information,

Thanks in advance,

Asala

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
sorry but its not exactly history just look at all the british shops that were firebombed last month

posted on May, 9 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
New times are coming to the West.

Irish nationalist Sinn Fein earns historic Northern Ireland election win

May 8, 2022

Northern Ireland is on the cusp of having a nationalist leader for the first time in its history after Sinn Fein, once considered the political wing of the IRA, emerged as the largest party in regional elections.

Sinn Fein overtook the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) in voting for the province's 90-member national Assembly, winning the most seats, 27, and securing the highest share of first preference votes. This compares with 25 seats for the DUP and 17 for the Alliance Party.

The counting of votes finished early on Sunday, with all 90 seats in the Northern Ireland Assembly now filled, according to the UK's PA media news agency.

Sinn Fein is now the largest party in the assembly and can nominate a first minister for the first time. The party is opposed to Northern Ireland being part of the United Kingdom and is in favor of a united Ireland.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Damn, this thread is older than my kids

Several years ago, a coworker of mine who was from Ireland told me that Catholics would soon become the majority population in Northern Ireland, at which point they'd just vote themselves a reunification with Ireland. It looks like this might be in the works.
edit on 7-9-2022 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

As for high level IRA "spy's".....not going there!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Richard of Danbury

considering the long history of the Brits repression of the Irish.

And what do you think is happening to Native American Indians ?

People who live in glass houses etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Don't be silly.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'll just put this out there:

inews.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We used to give these PIRA scum gangsters a few quid (£) and they would sell their own grandmothers. In fact a large portion of the so-called "army council" were paid informants. It was the same with the UVF and UDA.
I remember when they all got together on both sides with the implementation of the GFA. The only thing they were bothered about was carving up their turf for their ongoing racketeering, drug dealing, organised crime activities etc.. The IRA realised that with the Americans standing as guarantors for the GFA then they stood to lose a lot of donated money from idiot plastic Irish Americans- who funded the murders of many people- if they didn't play ball

In my own personal experience with Catholic and Loyalist paramilitaries I can assure you that only a few were driven by a cause. The rest (still are) driven by money,, power over their communities and again money. They are nothing but dirty and filthy criminals on both sides causing job creators to go abroad ( paramilitaries expect their cut of any new business) and also the brightest and best to leave too.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Lots of people on all sides collaborating with each other for various reasons and motives.
As you know it was a very complex and bloody period.

Some people have a rather simplistic, ill informed and heavily romanticised take on things.

The notion that every Catholic in Northern Ireland supported the IRA and/or a unified Ireland is utter nonsense.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Just saying what I've been saying for years.....just rather more eloquently than I.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes. A lot of Americans funded the murdering IRA scum, thru their green tinted glasses.

Hypocrites.

Thanks for that, Yanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join