It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidents and the Paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A few different things inspired me to put this thread together today, one is the posting of this story in today's NY Daily News, but this thread is not meant to focus only on President Carter, but on all of our Presidents and their fascination and participation with the paranormal.

Prez Carter ponders the paranormal

"We had a plane go down in the Central African Republic. A twin-engine plane. Small plane. And we couldn't find it," the 81-year-old 39th President reveals to GQ magazine's Wil S. Hylton. "So we oriented satellites that were going around the Earth every 90 minutes to fly over that spot where we thought it might be and take photographs. We couldn't find it."

Carter continues: "The director of the CIA came and told me that he had contacted a woman in California who claimed to have supernatural capabilities. And she went into a trance and she wrote down latitudes and longitudes, and we sent our satellite over that latitude and longitude, and there was the plane."

President Jimmy Carter's UFO Sighting

It's also well known that Nancy Reagan was heavily influenced by astrology and naturally influenced her husband's presidency with it. It is also said that Abraham Lincoln had a dream of his own funeral. Even George Washington supposedly dabbled in the paranormal when he wrote of three visions he saw of America's future. Many our Presidents, politicians and respectable citizens have had what we call "paranormal experiences".

It frustrates and angers me, when the entire paranormal field, which covers everything from NDE, OOBE's, ESP, Telepathy, Dreams, reptoids, witches and more, are completely discredited and disregarded because one or two topics may seem a little outlandish to some. But back to the topic on hand which is the Presidents, I would like help in putting together a thread with links relating to the White House "hauntings" and paranormal experiences of our Presidents and their wives.

I off hand know of George Washington's visions, Lincoln's premonition, Carter's sighting, Reagan's astrology, and Hillary's trance and of course George W's conversations with God. Are there any others??

P.S. I wouldn't mind if we cover international leaders and any of their experiences.

[edit on 12-16-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
WW.

I seem to recall Reagan had a fascination with ETs and may have seen ufos.

Of all the U.S. Presidents, Reagan more than any other President, appeared to be obsessed with the flying saucer topic. Billy Cox, a feature writer with Florida Today, wrote a major story in Florida Today about Reagan. The article looked at a series of alien invasion remarks that had appeared in a number of Reagan's speeches. Cox described the situation as "Ronald Reagan’s abiding fascination with extraterrestrials."

*snip*

Two of these Reagan UFO encounters have become public. The first sighting story was made public by Steve Allen on his WNEW-AM radio show in New York.

complete story

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
worldwatcher,

This is a great topic and I love the scope of your inquiry. What I'm wondering is where the line between occult activity (meaning hidden) and paranormal activity lies. You could probably be buried in information relating to weird, occult events involving the presidents and other world leaders but accounts of actual paranormal events would obviously be harder to come by. I ask because a topic like the layout of Washington D.C., for example, may not have any paranormal data associated with but could have been designed with at least the intention of something supernatural. I think it could be fun to explore this type of topic but I suppose it may not fit with the protocol of the Paranormal Studies area.

My other thought on the matter is that any research programs by the CIA, NASA and other federal and federal sponsored organizations, both public and clandestine, could be said to at least marginally relate to the President in office at the time. This would entail at least sixty years of paranormal studies, much of it documented and publicly available, on topics including UFOs, telepathy, precognition, "mind" control, etc. Would any thing of this nature relate to your project as you envision it?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Prime Minister Blair, despite proclaiming to be a Christian. Part of the 'NEW' labour deceit, has always been curious in all sorts paranormal stuff. I'm sure its been posted on here several times, as I read in someone of one of the sites prisonplanet etc. It goes totally against Christianity. Being a Christian I would know.

Thats the thing isn't it, infuential and powerful people getting interested in all this crazy stuff. Just isn't right

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cicada
This is a great topic and I love the scope of your inquiry. What I'm wondering is where the line between occult activity (meaning hidden) and paranormal activity lies. You could probably be buried in information relating to weird, occult events involving the presidents and other world leaders but accounts of actual paranormal events would obviously be harder to come by.

I klnow you directed your comments to worldwatcher, but I have an opinion I'd like to share.
To me, the occult and paranormal are almost the same. The occult is in no way the evilness many discuss. It's just knowledge hidden from the view of many of us. Paranormal that which is beyond normal.

Occult gets a bad rap, imho.
I think much of the knowledge that is now occult was was more easily available to the masses. But, those in power (notably the Catholic Church) banned this knowledge for obvious reasons and force this knowledge underground.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My use of the term occult is based strictly on the literal meaning of the word, occluded, hidden, secretive. I use the word lightly and didn't mean to suggest either a negative or a positive connotation.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I caught a portion of a History Channel program titled "Presidents and the Paranormal" the other day. I missed the beginning but the portion that I saw was talking about William Henry Harrison and Tecumseh's Curse, a.k.a. the Zero Year Curse.

Harrison gained national fame as a war hero in the 1811 Battle of Tippecanoe against the forces of Tecumseh. Harrison gained the nickname Tippecanoe from the battle which was famously used in his Presidential campaign slogan, "Tippecanoe and Tyler too".

According to legend Tecumseh, or his brother Tenskwatawa placed a curse upon Harrison for his actions during the battle. Some versions include the use of twenty small stones thrown into a fire that extended the curse to Harrison's successors. Harrison fell ill after delivering his inaugural address in bad weather and died a month later. As the links demonstrate, for a time every subsequent President elected in a year divisible by twenty died in office.

The only exception to the pattern was Ronald Reagan, elected in 1980. On March 30th, 1981 there was an assassination attempt on Reagan but he survived the shooting. Some believe that this caused Tecumseh's curse to be broken. Nancy Reagan's known consultation of astrologers is sometimes offered as a reason for Reagan's survival, she was likely aware of the curse, could very well have believed in it, and I suppose if her astrologers were really good (they didn't seem to help much with the Iran-Contra scandal) she could have given the President a warning that saved his life that day. Another suggestion is that the prayers of Reagan's fundamentalist Christian supporters overrode Tecumseh's Indian black magic.

According to the pattern President George W. Bush is a potential target for this curse. Did Reagan break the chain forever or merely spare himself? Or does the fact that Bush was not really elected in 2000 make him exempt from the curse? Did the Supreme Court decision save Al Gore's life?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
theyre all masons
conduct rituals
be infulenced

theyres movies of them doing it
they put theyre symbols everywhere

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They're all skull 'n bones men or members of one coven or another aren't they, the world leaders?

Time to wake up people, time for Rip van Winkle to wake up and go ring that bell of freedom.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by veespec
theyre all masons
conduct rituals
be infulenced

theyres movies of them doing it
they put theyre symbols everywhere

For movies of them doing it they are sent out as online media, you just need know how to find them.
One way is to download "WINAMP" media player, it's free from www.winamp.com and in the media library (ML button) choose online media , shoutcast t.v. genre "truth" and you'll see truthstream. There if you're patient you'll see many such films but daytime lately they send out La Rouche campaign web casts instead of truthstreaming to earn some money to keep the sender up but if you watch and wait you'll get to see every retracted newscast and every suppressed video or documentary and all the proof of the 911 and kennedy coverups which are intrinsically connected and all about the "illuminati" and covens such as "skull 'n bones" as well as the truth about the hijacking of world media. Many well known news faces like Christian Amanpour speak out and 911 families and firemen and even ex agents who are being silenced, ignored or threatened. The world won't seem like quite the same place after you've seen them all, quite surreal actually, but I think you know what I mean Veespec.
Wait I feel inspired.

When manhatten falls again and every city behind
The cup of wrath will be filled
The jokers behind it who imprison mankind
Will be screaming loud for revenge
They’ll build round the world a high prison wall
And trillions by them will be killed
But their days are counted They are but a few
So they’ll destroy all they can to the end
They don’t care for them and they don’t care for you
They care not for children at all
And all who kling to them to save their own lives
Will surely share in their fall
The true King is the Fool and the King he just is
Accepting all things in true love
This is the infant the child and the one
Bringing heaven to earth from above
The placenta once powerful From memory gone
As we enter the home of our birth
Come now children and gather around
Where everywhere bright eyes and full bellies are found.
Music and laughter ring through the night
Love gives vision where there was no sight.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Let's just keep to the subject.
Secret societies, skull and bones and masons are in another forum, down the hall and to your right.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

join