It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help in Energy Conversion Project!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was recently assigned a major science project!

What we're supposed to do is build a model of something that demonstrates a conversion of energy. That's simple enough. The problem comes in when we have to use at least 2 forms of energy, one of them being thermal energy. THe model has to show Thermodynamics.

I have been looking nonstop for projects and have come up with the following:

As you can see my list is bare. I was wondering if you guys could provide me with some links that might help.
ty.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I suggest, that you order a solar panel, nothing fancy. They have catalogs, that have small ones that you can use to charge your car batterry.

That should get you started. I'm sure someone else can add their ideas.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
hey mate!

well...the solar pannel idea is good and also simple to demonstrate.

i dont know if this would meet your criteria but a simple water wheel idea turning through a gearbox that in turn drives a 12v car alternator would be one?...or just a simple dynamo.

if you could build a water wheel and then just drive a 12v Lucas car dynamo (running through a regulator) straight off the drive shaft of the wheel that should be easy enough to build?...short of that a wind generator would work...or look up an old fashioned 'Bell pump' or do some reading on steam engines...small working models are easy enough to find.

good luck mate, hope that helped?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That sounds like it would be a good science project. When you finally get it done and get a grade you'll have to let us know how you did on it. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join