posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:01 PM
Which of these would you consider to be the most power biological race?
1. Species 8472; Star Trek (Voyager): Considered the apex of biological evolution, Species 8472 was discovered by the Borg when the Borg tore open a
dimensional rift into Fluidic Space. They turned out to be impervious to Borg Assimilation Technology, and declared that our galaxy would be purged
for defiling their dimension. They possessed the ability to heal almost any wound, and had ships capable of destroying planets when linked. They were
defeated by Voyager and the Borg working together to create nanoprobes that would self-destruct when in contact with the alien cells rather than
2. The Many; System Shock 2: When the god-like SHODAN - a computer virus become sentient - was defeated on an orbitting space station, SHODAN ejected
an experiment capsul to Alpha Centauri. Here, her creation, the Annelids, growed and thrived. However, they became more p0werful than their creator
(still alive within a barely functioning onboard computer system), and when discovered by humanity 30 years later, infected nearly every person on the
ship - forcing humanity through strange and perverse evolution into massively powerful psychic organisms that existed in constant psychic harmony with
the mass that had become The Many.
3. The Zerg; Starcraft: The Zerg were the second creation of the ancient race, The Xel'Naga, and were blessed with the gift of essence. Based on a
creature which could gain control of the neural system of surrounding creatures, and genetically modified to become sentient, the Overmind was able to
secretly build an army which was able to overthrow the Xel'Naga. Since then, the Zerg have consumed everything in their path in their search for
4. The Tyranids; Warhammer 40,000: From beyond the galactic rim has come the Tyranids - millions of biovessels and creatures that descend upon worlds,
killing every living thing before entirely removing the planet of biomass, surface minerals, and atmosphere. The Tyranids have multi-mile long Hive
Ships that store the mountain-sized Norn Queens, who constantly splice genetic codes and creature newer and deadlier bio-constructs to overwhelm the
defences of mankind. Guided by the Hive Mind - a psychic, collective will of the Tyranid race - and armed with explosive beetles that burrow into an
enemy's skin, hordes of scuttling Gaunts, and massive Carnifexes and Bio-Titans, the Tyranids are poised to overwhelm the entire galactic south, and
are an ever increasing threat on the galactic east.
5. The Yuuzhan Vong; Star Wars (expanded universe): Fearsome invaders from another galaxy, the Yuuzhan Vong are the greatest threat faced by the New
Republic since the collapse of the Empire. The Yuuzhan Vong are singular in their goal of conquering this galaxy filled with infidels, and
transforming it into the new Yuuzhan Vong home, as dictated by their gods. They will sacrifice anything for their religious beliefs, and many worlds
have been sundered in their crusade.
6. The Shadows; Babylon 5: Ancient creatures, the race that has become known as The Shadows were of the very first sentient races to exist in our
galaxy. When the First Ones left the galaxy, the Vorlons and the Shadows stayed behind to nuture and protect the younger, emergeant races. However,
while the Vorlons demanded strict obedience and progress through order, the Shadows would pit the younger races against each other to ensure that only
the strong would survive and be fit to rule the galaxy. The last time the war was fought, the Shadows were defeated, but not destroyed. Now, as the
year 2257 comes to a close, the Shadows have begun to move again, slowly stirring the young races to war each other, meanwhile, oh so silently,
rebuild and redeploy their forces. The shadows we eventually defeated, though more by the younger race's refusal to be puppets to either the Vorlons
and the Shadows, and that the galaxy now belonged to the young. The Vorlons and Shadows have since left - though on occassion, portent Shadow
Technology left behind has ended in the hands of the corrupt, and used to subvert and destroy.
7. ??? If there's some I've missed out (like the Insects from Lexx - though I don't know enough about them to post), please feel free to vote for
Myself, I vote for the Tyranids - but that's because I play them. They consume entire planets, evolve, and repeat. Combat with them only makes
them stronger, for should they be victorious (which they often are), then they consume the dead bodies, and so still gain bio-mass, while they
continue to evolve and become even deadlier.
"The more I come to understand these aliens, the more I come to see what drives them, the more I hate them. I hate them not for what they are, or
what they may someday become, but because they are incapable of good, honest, human hatred."
-Inquisitor Agamar on Tyranids