It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not just the Americans that are fat...Welcome to the club Briton!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nearly 25% of Britons are fat a new study shows.

Come mates, bask in all that is portly and obese!!! You are among good company!

Breitbart

[quote
British adults have got fatter in the last 10 years with almost one in four now officially obese, according to new official statistics. In men, obesity rates almost doubled in 10 years, from 13.2 percent in 1993 to 23.6 percent in 2004, a study by the Health and Social Care Information Centre found.

For women, the increase was slightly lower, growing from 16.4 percent to 23.8 percent.

But findings that children's body mass index -- a measure of weight in relation to height -- continued to grow again raised fears that they will be larger than their parents and put an additional burden on health services.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I saw this earlier at yahoo.com, I think. I know it's dangerous for people to be obese, but why do people harp on the subject. They take a poll just to let people know that they are fat. Excuse me, but I think they already know.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey, I have nothing against fat people, being a member of the club myself (6'1", 229lbs), but in all reality, its being considered desease more and more these days, not just a sign of weak will or lazyness like though of in the past.

So I dont think its unhealthy for people to talk about it, even in jest. Its healthy to talk about it.

join