It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rods How Much Is Known About Them??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
But what do i know anyway..

Maybe this is a more likely explanation:

And the rods / UFO connection has also been prooven:

Maybe rods aren't insects, but just have cloaking devices to pretend they are, and slow shutter speeds can penetrate these cloaking devices.

I'm sure we have at least a few people here, who would defend this position. Maybe i shouldn't have mentioned it...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deezee

No.....the other debunking vid....well, debunks it....just bugs.....

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by deezee

No.....the other debunking vid....well, debunks it....just bugs.....

I was being sarcastic...

Because i know, there are still many people who won't accept facts, even when they get splattered on their windshield.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"And the rods / UFO connection has also been prooven:"

Oh man. What a hilarious video this was! The prototypes for the ancestral organisms were interesting, and I did not know that there was a missing link between flightless and flying insects. Even if these ancestral insects existed today, how come we cannot see them with the naked eye or find molts or exoskeletons or carcasses of them? What are the explanations in the underwater rod footage? There are SO many unknown creatures underwater, many whom look very similar to the multitude of rod designs...marine invertebrates are so diverse, we'll never know for sure which are "terrestrial" in origin or not.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by TheEmilitist]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEmilitist
Oh man. What a hilarious video this was!

I didn't find it that entertaining, but i completely understand why someone would get so annoyed by wanna-believers, to make fun of them in such a way. I mean, it's ok to believe in aliens and UFOs, there's nothing wrong with that, but clinging to blurred insects for some "tangible" proof is just pathetic.

What are the explanations in the underwater rod footage? There are SO many unknown creatures underwater, many whom look very similar to the multitude of rod designs...marine invertebrates are so diverse, we'll never know for sure which are "terrestrial" in origin or not.

Did you even see anything in that underwater footage? I couldn't see anything..

The problem with all the "rods" footage is in the way the videos are recorded and the camera's autoexposure setting.

There's not much light underwater, so the camera will automatically lengthen the exposure time to compensate.

After that, it's enough for a small piece of debris (which the ocean is full of) or even a tiny fish to swim close by the camera. The slow shutter speed takes care of the rest. BTW: Often when these "rods" appear to be flying far away from the camera, they are in fact very close to the lense.

But ok, let's assume rods are real for a second..

Supposedly, they move extremely fast. A fast moving object will always get blurred on a video camera.
For any real analysis of such a fast moving "creature" you would need a high speed camera in order to see the "creature's" shape.

Speculating on their shape and drawing models of them based on footage from a normal video camera is beyond stupid.

I'm almost 100% sure Mr. Escamilla knows what they really are, but if he admitted that, what would he have to sell?

Imagine spending years passing blurred insects off as some extradimensional beings called "rods" only to realize it's bugs. What to do now? Admitt you spent 8 years on nothing and never be taken seriously again? Or continue, hoping some people will still be desperate enough to continue believing?

I don't know. But i guess we'll see what Jose does in the future.

EDIT: I almost forgot. There's a nice page explaining the rod phenomenon, by one of our fellow ATSers. You can find it here.

Enjoy!

[edit on 12/1/08 by deezee]

[edit on 12/1/08 by deezee]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
The "rods" that you say are mentioned in the Bible are nothing but wooden staffs.

If the rod is a wooden staff, then why does the bible say “thy rod and thy staff?”

Huh?

Please dear god no no no no

Some users have no sense of irony at all. None...

This will turn up as proof now. Are you happy?

RODS = INSECTS. Wishing won't make a lick of difference, there is no such thing as rods other than as a camera artefact. JPSC.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Why is this History Channel special being made if it has been officially debunked? Many people disagree with any insect theory on this special and I think that anyone interested in rods should see these new scientific studies (also high-speed camera tests of all types) in this special.

Here's a scientific study for you.

Bob DuHamel

And here's another.

Sol's Bugrods

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join