It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol helps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I really enjoy beer, vodka, whiskey, and wine. They help me to think more creatively, in moderation of course. I'm in no way an alcoholic, I drink when I want to, probably a few times a month. But it seems when I start to drink a little of the "funky juice" I become a better thinker. It's probably just my demeanor changing, making me believe I'm more innovative in thinking, but I'm not really sure.

Many ideas follow a few drinks of whiskey and tonic. Does anyone else find this common?

I know there are definite benefits to drinking (heart/liver) but, how does alcohol mentally effect your thought process? I know it can make people more confident, therefore believing your ideas and plans are great, but what do people think?

I havent really read anything about alcohol here and was wondering what people think about it.

Any comments or ideas would be appreciated!!

THANKS

-Enjoy what is now... because now has just passed.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by nonpoint]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the benefits of alcohol would be to one's liver.

I pretty much drink only red wine. I'll mix in some whiskey every now and then. Red wine is supposed to be very beneficial to the human body, in moderation of course.

As far as you becoming a "better thinker" when you drink.
That's great! Alcohol usually isn't attributed to that although I've had some friends that have woken up in a pool of their own vomit whom I consider great thinkers.

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonpoint
I know there are diffinate benefits to drinking (heart/liver) but, how does alcohol mentally effect your thought process?

I think you mean risks not benefits.
You have to be very careful with your drinking as it can be very addictive and your body can become chemically dependent on alchohol.

My father right now has a serious problem with Vodka, drinking about a bottle per day, even after his doctor told him his liver is inflamed and after he lost one of his friends to liver problems.

He is just dependent on it and can't give it up.

Right now you don't sound to bad if it's only a couple of times a month but you should still be careful that you don't end up the same way.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now when I say benefits, I mean over time. Alcohol helps our bodies to function by working to filter. When an alcoholic beverage is consumed our liver and heart work to get rid of it. This in turn keeps these organs along with our bodies somewhat conditioned.

I’m sure many of us have heard stories of very old women and men who attest their longevity to a glass of wine a day. This is because their bodies/organs would stay almost fully functional by getting rid of the alcohol.

I agree that there a many problems associated with alcohol but, there are benefits as well. If one can come to the conclusion that alcohol is not necessary but only a occasional optional distraction from life. Then maybe they will stay healthy.

Does anyone agree that alcohol has many benefits, if used smartly?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
As far as you becoming a "better thinker" when you drink.
That's great!

I personally don't think that is the case. It is more like you are amused/interested with ideas and things at a much lower threshold then normal. I notice it with television which is trite and repedative without alcohol, but get tippsy and the mindlessness of current programing appears mesmerising.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonpoint
Now when I say benefits, I mean over time. Alcohol helps our bodies to function by working to filter. When an alcoholic beverage is consumed our liver and heart work to get rid of it. This in turn keeps these organs along with our bodies somewhat conditioned.

I've heard of the health benefits of red wine but i don't think whiskey provides any benefits.

Anyway, drinking does not promote healthy functioning of the liver, it actually stops the liver from functioning properly.

digestive.niddk.nih.gov...

Alcoholic cirrhosis usually develops after more than a decade of heavy drinking. The amount of alcohol that can injure the liver varies greatly from person to person. In women, as few as two to three drinks per day have been linked with cirrhosis and in men, as few as three to four drinks per day. Alcohol seems to injure the liver by blocking the normal metabolism of protein, fats, and carbohydrates.

top topics

join