It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unique Blue Tiger !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
is this a fur experiment or what, did they put fur die in its food it looks
genuine to me cheak them out ?

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ThE TrUtH 11 5 5]

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ThE TrUtH 11 5 5]

[edited img codes, when usuing imageshack, use the 'direct url' for the picture, not the 'forum' url, and then surround it by the image code tags like normal -nydan]

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm uh, pretty sure that'd be a photoshopped picture of a tiger...

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That sure looks like a white tiger under blue lights. I've worked with white tigers, and sometimes they can show different colors, but not quite so dramatic. I had one that still showed a slight bit of tan, and another that had a slight bluish grey tint around the head.

Would be cool if it's real, a melanistic tiger? I think it's lighting though, white tiger hair is very good at reflecting light.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is an artist rendition of what a Maltese Tiger would look like.
No Maltese (blue) tigers have been seen nor have any been bred. There have been sporadic reports of these tigers as well as blue cheetahs, lions, green cheetahs, but to date none have ever been photographed, captured or killed.
check out the links below
www.lairweb.org.nz...Hybrid Mutant Big Cats

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here is an older thread on them
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As noted, they've never been photographed, which is unfortunate. A page linked therein notes that blue cats in general do exist. I recall also seeing a very dark green cat in the news too.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
perhaps a trick of the light in this instance, although there is a myth that a blue tiger does exist . Here are a couple of links in which the maltese tiger is described
www.lairweb.org.nz...
en.wikipedia.org...
It would be a sight to see, I'm sure. For some reason , blue animals seem to be perticularly stunning.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'd say that it would be one of two things:

1. Photoshopped
  2. Under a light

It is an obvious fake if you ask me!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
since when has maltese been a color? i'm maltese, but that's because i'm from MALTA. but it does seem interesting that an offshoot line of pigmentation could have formed in an isolated community of tigers.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I can hunt down and snap a pic of any colored tiger you would like!

Just so you guys know...I made this with ps. I think the blue one was done the same way, or was taken under a black light.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by adamneldon]

[edit on 19-12-2005 by adamneldon]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I breed semi large cats for as a side line and ive been in the exotic animal industry for a little over 15 years now and i have not seen such a beast. However i have seen the blue color morph in several other animals , generally not as pronounced in these photos but similiar and it is acknoledged or called blue. As to the person who mentioned melanistic i think they have there terms mixed up as if this where a melanistic tiger it would be black with black stripes.

Melanistic - derived from melanin, a dark coloured skin and hair pigment. In cats, melanism results in the fur of the animal being very dark or black in colour. In many cases the usual markings of the animal can be faintly seen through the dark fur, especially at certain angles in bright sunlight

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The photos are not evidence for their existence, rather they are representations of what has been witnessed.

The photos are 'fake'.

The sightings are whats at question really.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Even if it is fake, it looks pretty funky.
Looks like the pearlescent Tiger i Photoshopped a while ago

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The most spectacular, ferocious, mean, nasty wonder ever seen by human eyes!

That'll be $5 please.

"There's a sucker born every minute" - PT Barnum

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
We have a thread somewhere on a green tiger, which was real due to algea growing in the fur. Its possible in relatively wet climates.

This could be the same, but I really doubt it.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
interesting topic. unfortunatly i have to agree those pictures look fake. i have studied tiger color's though and so far there are 4 known colorations

Orange (obvious)

White

Golden (google it and youll find a pic)

and the rarest Black. the black is the rarest and the only reason people don't consider it a legend like the blue tiger is because of a black pelt that's in a museam (don't know if the authenticity has been tested)

and i also know about the blue Tiger though i didn't know there were actual sightings, intresting

i never knew my tiger knowledge would come in handy on a forum like this
anyway send more links about the sightings id like to find out more

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The fake was nicely done though. I have found a picture of a white horse, and everywhere the shadow hit it, the shadow turned out blue. This is more like the main creating a shadow on the neck, and the tail creating a shadow.

Could it be possible that this tiger was somewhere where something was casting a large shadow over the white tiger? Could it be possible that when people see the white tiger, they possibly think it is partically blue because the shadow appears blue on the tiger? Does anyone know if shadows tend to appear or photograph as blue on white animals in general?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
ey blue tiger hass been discover ,hold in captivety in oklahoma more than fifty years ego antil he died . They make a stufted animal out him what you can see today. Also they study with moder tecenology to determend if pygment making cells are relly make blue color . At the and they found presnts of blu type cells. And that the color is naturol and it is 100% not fake.

new topics

top topics

join