It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-INDIVIDUALS: Australian Police Tapes Reveal Terrorist Plots To Attack Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yesterday a series of police tapes played in a Magistrate Court in Melbourne by Australian authorities that allege they have uncovered a terrorist plot to kill both PM John Howard and his family. In addition these very same tapes allegedly revealed possible attacks on Train Stations and football game/games in Austrailia. The recorded conversations were purported to have been recorded on September 24 by Australian Authorities while investigating a self-styled Muslim cleric Abdul Nacer Benbrika, and Abdullah Merhi another alleged Muslim Extremist who were suspected of being terrorists.

www.thesundaymail.news.com.au
TWO Melbourne terror suspects discussed killing John Howard and his family, launching a large-scale attack at a football game and causing carnage at a train station as part of a religious war in Australia.

In a series of chilling conversations caught on police listening devices and revealed yesterday, self-styled Muslim cleric Abdul Nacer Benbrika, 46, and 20-year-old Abdullah Merhi discussed the terror plot as payback for the deaths of Muslims.

"For example, if John Howard kills innocent Muslim families do we ... do we have to kill him and his family ... (and) his people, like at the football?" asked Mr Merhi. Mr Benbrika allegedly replied: "If they kill our kids, we kill little kids."

[…]

The conversations, recorded on September 24, were played to the Melbourne Magistrates Court during the unsuccessful bail applications of two of the accused men who were charged after last month's early-morning anti-terror raids in Melbourne.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Based on the information that the tapes allegedly revealed, I doubt this is a hoax and another good reason why police should be allowed to record conversations of suspected terrorists and their organizations.

Kudos to the Australian Authorities for yet another job well done.

Related News Links
www.news.com.au...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Australian prime minister tells of terror threat

[edit on 12/16/2005 by shots]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

"For example, if John Howard kills innocent Muslim families do we ... do we have to kill him and his family ... (and) his people, like at the football?" asked Mr Merhi. Mr Benbrika allegedly replied: "If they kill our kids, we kill little kids."

Sounds like hypothetical questions are illegal if your arabic now.

That's far from a plot to do anything, especially since the police fact sheet which was first issued said they were planning attacks on Lucas Heights.

Nothing released to the media about this case has been consistant or solid, seems like there's more fear being used than crimes being solved.

These guys are important for the 'cause' in bringing in the terror laws so they will be made examples of regardless of what information is presented.

Rather than focusing on the suspected acts of people, i'm more interested in how it's being presented and used in the public - that's the real concern here.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Accepting for a moment that the War on Terror is a legitimate war, he is a legitimate target. I would prefer that terrorists targeted the politicians who were involved in invading Iraq than innocent civilians. John Howard was the man who sent Australia into Iraq, if any one should be the target of retribution for those actions it is him. He shouldn't start wars if he isn't prepare to face the consequences.

Not that I condone violence, Im just relieved that the terrorists are considering targetting those who they have issues with, not poor innocent civilians riding the train on the way to work.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I think Howard,Bush and Blair should be in court with Saddam, so we can get all thier war crimes out the way at the same time. Then the next presidents and priministers will think twice or three times even, before they go round killing innocent women and children and men of course. Whose the real terrorists, they all are. Lock them all up and start afresh.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Accepting for a moment that the War on Terror is a legitimate war, he is a legitimate target. I would prefer that terrorists targeted the politicians who were involved in invading Iraq than innocent civilians. John Howard was the man who sent Australia into Iraq, if any one should be the target of retribution for those actions it is him. He shouldn't start wars if he isn't prepare to face the consequences.

Not that I condone violence, Im just relieved that the terrorists are considering targetting those who they have issues with, not poor innocent civilians riding the train on the way to work.

Go on feed the Crocodile and get eaten last.

You dont think for one second that Terrorists might skip your death just to take out Johnny do you?

Your releif im afraid can be short lived, your a target if you pay taxes to Western government's. your a target if you live in a Western country, and to a big percentage of the Islamofascists your a target if your not a muslim.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Sounds like hypothetical questions are illegal if your arabic now.

It's no longer a Hypothetical question when your caught with Bomb making materials, it then becomes a little thing called evidence, and coupled with the swag of other evidence they have, these Islamofascists are going to rot in jail then they are going to rot in Hell.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Whoever you are, CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS WISELY. The 'fuller' report I heared, indicated that the younger, lead, 'suspected terrorist' , "questioned" whether "innocent children" should be made victims.

Hopefully this, seeming, "pang of conscience" will grow to turn him into one who preaches peace and respect for ALL human life to the other youngsters being "mislead".

[edit on 17-12-2005 by suzy ryan]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Im just relieved that the terrorists are considering targetting those who they have issues with, not poor innocent civilians riding the train on the way to work.

I can only assume you missed this part of the story.

launching a large-scale attack at a football game and causing carnage at a train station as part of a religious war in Australia.

So much for not trageting innocent civilians :shk:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There is no such thing as an "ist", "ism" ,you are being distracted by things which really do not exist by those who would benefit from your being distracted , the media is not the place to get the news, there is no news if you are not seeing it through your own eyes , outside of your house , through your kitchen window ,(and something flew by the window..........) , just rumours.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Im just relieved that the terrorists are considering targetting those who they have issues with, not poor innocent civilians riding the train on the way to work.

I can only assume you missed this part of the story.

launching a large-scale attack at a football game and causing carnage at a train station as part of a religious war in Australia.

So much for not trageting innocent civilians :shk:

LOL, he didn't miss it, he just left it out, like a person with selective hearing. As we can see from the taps JH, was just one of many targets.
Kinda funny subz's thinks there will be less outrage if JH and his family are killed rather than other innocent people. This is a window into his mindset

[edit on 17-12-2005 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nice edit job shots, I admit: I made the mistake of taking shot's synopsis at face value and originally it didn't include references to any other attacks.

As far as the scaremongers go, I really, really cannot stress how un-scared of terrorism I am. I freely visited London and flew in between Australia and England during the height of the terror scares. I was in London and riding the tube 9 days before the 7/7 bombing and I would of gone back there in a heart beat if the need arose. Those of you who are that scared of terrorists that you're willing to give even the slightest inch of your personal freedoms have already capitulated to the terrorists, given them what the want, and grovelled at the mercy of our supposed leaders to not abuse their god-like powers. I prefer my mind set more, less jumping at my own shadows thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

As far as the scaremongers go, I really, really cannot stress how un-scared of terrorism I am. I freely visited London and flew in between Australia and England during the height of the terror scares. I was in London and riding the tube 9 days before the 7/7 bombing and I would of gone back there in a heart beat if the need arose.

You are so brave, we should hold you up as an example LOL. I like how you say, ' if the need arose ', gives you an out doesn't it

Those of you who are that scared of terrorists that you're willing to give even the slightest inch of your personal freedoms have already capitulated to the terrorists, given them what the want, and grovelled at the mercy of our supposed leaders to not abuse their god-like powers. I prefer my mind set more, less jumping at my own shadows thanks

Not sure what this rant is all about. I dodn't see anyone say they were scared
These are just facts about what is happening with the case, I for one am interested.
Subz, it seems you are jumping at your own shadow lol. Judging by your rants, these laws seem to terrify you.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Nice edit job shots, I admit: I made the mistake of taking shot's synopsis at face value and originally it didn't include references to any other attacks.

The orginal did include the references to other attacks Check the suporting link they still identical or at least they did a minute ago and my eiditing did not change the context of what you said, other then you do not condone violence that is. Also note I posted the story at 12/16/2005 at 10:26 AM therefore by the time you read it my edit time had run out.

Edited out what a Mod took as a jab which it was not intended to be, I was simply setting the record straight as to what the original story contained nothing more.

[edit on 12/17/2005 by shots]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
subz, shots. GROW UP. This is not your personal forum to take jabs at each other. Post in a manner that this forum is due.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
These ",smartie pants leaders ", can't even agree on the interpretation of the word "terrorist", AKA as having no clear definition of what a "terrorist" is , so what is it all the jabber is about anyway?, maybe something that doesn't really exist , too many people let their reality be determined by these scheisters , feed us lie , we like them , they taste good , the lies block my view when I look in the mirror , it is so bad , those people are so pain racked , I didn't take inventory , but my cupboards are bare, the pantry is empty , I'm >starving< (dying) for lack of >food< (knowledge).
And yes, I know I am ranting

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Xing - By suggesting that these Terrorists dont exist i would beleive that it is your reality that is determined by scheisters.

top topics

join