It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just read an article from www.globalsecurity.org... saying that the next aircraft carrier, CVN 77 would be using 1960's technology because of cost. That makes me really mad. If this is not true can you tell me?

Here is the article: www.globalsecurity.org...

You are free to express your feeling abotu this news.

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dunno, it seems legit to me. But then again this is the first time i have ever heard of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i doubt it they just making that up as usual they're lieing they just want u to think that they have more money then they'd ever need

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon
i doubt it they just making that up as usual they're lieing they just want u to think that they have more money then they'd ever need

They want you to think they have more money than they'd ever need by saying they dont have enough money to buy up to date equipment? I think you mean that they have more money than they'd ever need but dont want people to know that.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What I want to know is why aircraft carriers are named after Presidents! It seems like a supremely arrogant form of self-congratulation. Combat ships shouldn't be named after people who are still alive anyway!

WWII era carrier names were good... Yorktown, Enterprise, Wasp etc. Bonne Homme Richard, Constellation - who would want to serve on the USS George W. Bush!?!

top topics

join