It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Just an interesting FYI regarding the pervasiveness of aliens and extraterrestrials into the mainstream news media. At the time of this writing, this story regarding alien abductions is on CNN.Com's frontpage (at the top, with the other "top" news items). Note that the link provided it to a video story.

Where are we going with all this?

Edit: Here's a link to the original video at CNN. I suspect you have to open it from the CNN site. --> _javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/tech/2005/12/16/tuchman.alien.abduction.cnn','2005/12/23');

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Centrist]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Your link doesnt work for me

Well, its either time to bring all this out to the world, OR its government dissinformation to set the stage for something big- We can always blame the aliens.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
...or its there to pull in a traffic from all the conspiracy boards.

Note that CNN.com has adverts. Page hits = $.

Post about UFOs, get tons of UFo sites linking to you.

It's about money people.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I watched and here's my question.

if these folks have been abducted at least 10 or 20 times and they expect to be abducted again, wouldn't it behoove them to set up some serious security system to thwart an abduction or at the very least set up and plan for the abduction so as to catch yourself some undeniable proof of the aliens existence?

If I was abducted once or twice I'd find a way to deal with it. If I was continually being abducted I'd start working out ways to protect what's left of my sanity.

I also found it odd that the hypnotist was also abducted. Could they all be in cahoots?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's like this, we watch them and they watch us, We turn to the media for news and things that interest us, they in turn watch us, and pay for surveys, etc, to see what we are interested in. They then cater to our needs and wants.

So imo, we're seeing more aliens/et stuff in our movies and shows because we have expressed an undenieable interest in the phenomenon and the "news" can no longer just avoid it. It's not that crazy anymore to say you've had a sighting or know someone who claims to have been contacted etc.

We are either at a critical stage of our evolutionary process that a full disclosure will come or it will found out that millions of people suffer from a new as in formerly undiagnosed mental illness and there's a "drug" to fix it.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
if these folks have been abducted at least 10 or 20 times and they expect to be abducted again,

The link is dead for me too, but that is pretty funny. 20 times! The next time they came for you you'd be like "Ah, come on guys this isn't funny any more"

These aren't those "abductions" where the protaganist wakes up in bed afterwards are they? I've seen people who when asked to describe the abuction go "it was sort of dreamlike" or "sometimes it was like I was still in bed" - without any sense of irony. You just read the interview and doh! *slaps head*

I also found it odd that the hypnotist was also abducted. Could they all be in cahoots?

LOL, that's even funnier. Why didn't the hypnotist hypnotise the aliens and see if they had any abuction experiences - now that would be weird. Especially if the alien said "well, I'm not sure, but I was lying in bed one night and then there was strange light...the next thing I know is that I was in a place called Roswell....and there were these weird pink creatures with small eyes stood around me doing experiments....."

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
padre,

the clip also has a shrink from Harvard (I think it was harvard) who was doing a study of the abductees and trying to find the common thread. she wasn't a believer before the study and she apparently still isn't.

the couple that was the focus of the abductee side of the story had some wild claims. the best was when the guy lifted his shirt to show what looked a hell of a lot like every appendix scar I've ever seen and he said that was where he thinks they took his dna sample.

I don't doubt that there might have been alien abductions. I don't doubt that they study us. I don't doubt that they are out there.

I do, however, wonder who was paying cnn to put this story on the air because, in all honesty, the whole thing looked to me like it could have been a daily show report without the comedic interviewer.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I saw it. Rather lame if you ask me. They should interview Steven Greer's witnesses for a 2 hour show. Now that would be something to get excited about.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It bothers me, too, when the national reporters take the time to do a story on extraterrestrial phenomena, but waste it on people that come across as a little whacko. No offense to the people in Gary Tuchman's story, but he could have tried to make the appear more credible or chosen another subject for his story.

I think that it's the degree to which more and more people are either believing that they're abductees or believe in abduction, however, that lead him to choose this story. The figure he gave (admittedly extrapolated) was that in the mid 90's (don't recall the year off the top of my head) approximately 5,000,000 americans would claim to be abductees -- or roughly 2% of the population.

You get your 2% of abductees, another 2% believers, and another 4% skeptics... you got yourself an 8-share. Think about this seriously for a minute. An 8-share in prime-time will generally get your show picked-up for another season. Imagine what we can do by getting the word out about Serpo, Dan Burisch, or another story. If the right story is chosen, imagine the "share" that story would get in primetime. When that time comes, serious reporters will do serious investigation, use their contacts, and get real answers.

I don't think we're quite at that point yet -- but the momentum is growing. Serpo, Burisch, Roswell, Area 51? It's not whether any of these are completely true and accurate -- it's whether they're "true enough" to get people's attention. Get enough people's attention and they will demand answers. Only then will full disclosure truly begin.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Man i just saw that video. And i just have to say it is a bit corny. I mean if i was expecting to be abducted again then i would set up like cameras everywhere have them running 24/7 and then if i was abducted i seriously wouldn’t panic like they did in that hypnosis stuff. I would just be like "guys give it a rest i mean its been like what 29 times"

top topics

join