It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tonight i will picket STAPLES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The date was 10/30 05 when i decided to upgrade my sons desktop computer to a HP pavillion notebook . I purchased this comp at the local staples for 1,039 dollars (ouch),but my son deserves it since he had made the honor roll at his school. I wrapped the gift and put it aside for christmas ,but had to give him an early gift because he had a school project to complete. He opened the gift and was very happy until to our dissappointment the comp was freezing with criticle errors everytime we tried to start up the comp.

Not knowing what to do next i called HP tech support for help ,the price was 69.95 for 1/2 hour of support .To my amazement they could not fix this problem even know they promiseed they could fix it before i even gave them my credit card number.

Calling staples was the next thing to do ,but the 14 day in store warrenty had expired was the answer i was givin.

This leaves me no choice but to go to staples tonight to speak with the manager in person and ask for an exchange ,i have a feeling this will not work so if i'm denied satisfaction i will stand outside and let everyone who enters this store know that this store sells defective computers ,so i'm asking anyone who has any free time to call this store and voice their opinion to the manager.

Mod Edit: Removed Phone Number

I thank you in advance

empty pockets at christmas

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Staples and Compaq screwed me in a very similar fashion. They sold me a used computer once (some guys stuff was on it and everything), but both blamed each other. Stamples said it was Compaq's fault and vice versa.

Resellers are just trouble.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
airtax,
Staples is renouned for such things and it is about time that something is done about their product quality. I suggest you get some legal opinion on this matter as well in one of those consumer rights group centers. Most of those ones are free and they might even file a case on your part for free !!
But it is good of you to stick up to them and not give up. I think most people would.
If you still havent gotten what you want, I think it would be best to just reformat the HDD and install RedHat or somesuch onto your notebook.
Anyway here is one website that deals with customer complaints:
www.complaints.com...
Its suprising that there are not many organized groups on the net that help customers with getting their money's worth.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've tried everything there is to do ,scanning hard drive , eraceing everything and starting over , tech support (big joke),it's just a piece of junk. My kids think i'm nut's but i have to do something .

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of these domains for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, mass mailing, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites. You will not also seek to rally the membership of these domains for any cause without prior written permission from the site owner.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

join