It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIV tag question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Is there an HTML program out there that allows you to build a site using DIV tags?? For example, instead of building a site based on just HTML tags, I would rather use DIV tags. I ask this because I'm not at all familiar with DIV, and was wondering if there was something out there that could do it for me??

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So you want your site in CSS instead of Tables? The way I think you're describing it is how people create sites with DIVs using CSS to format everything. I dont think theres a specific program to do it for you, but DIVs are just HTML, so any text editor would be just fine, just gonna bone up one your CSS.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
dreamweaver may do it for you to a certain extent. but div tags are basically uneditable text boxes. to really make use of them from the way youre describing you would still have to embed them inside of tables

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
DIV tags combined with CSS can provide pixel perfect layout and positioning, yet you will still need to use HTML for the contents within the DIV tags. Forms, images, textareas, textboxes, etc.

Here's an awesome display of the potential uses of CSS to control virtually every aspect of layout:
css Zen Garden: The Beauty in CSS Design

EVERY example uses the EXACT same HTML document. The only difference being the custom CSS file.

It's rather impressive!

top topics

join