It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP Bill Rejects Iraq Withdrawal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
"WASHINGTON - Seeking political advantage, House Republicans want to put the chamber on record once again rejecting calls for a timetable for withdrawing U.S. forces from Iraq just weeks after the chamber voted against an immediate pullout.

In what Democrats were calling a political stunt, House GOP leaders planned a vote as soon as Friday on a resolution that expresses a House commitment "to achieving victory in Iraq" and says setting such a timetable would be "fundamentally inconsistent with achieving victory." "

Link.
I just have to ask........

they have taken time out of their busy schedule of bickering to pass the legislation necessary to provide our troops with things like body armor, bullets, guns, food, you know all those things that are necessary to carry on thei war, right??

ya know they wasted about a half an hour just passing some stupid legislation to protect christmas???

Mod Edit: Truncated And Repaired Link.

[edit on 16/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good job GOP.....There should be no timetable. It basically is a joke when you do that. Weve been in Japan, Germany and SK for over 50 years and no democrat complains about that. People who want a timetable that includes leaving in the next year or etc do not understand what it takes to build or secure a democratic society.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Good job GOP.....There should be no timetable. It basically is a joke when you do that. Weve been in Japan, Germany and SK for over 50 years and no democrat complains about that. People who want a timetable that includes leaving in the next year or etc do not understand what it takes to build or secure a democratic society.

Shouldn't it be up to the Iraqis themselves to secure the democracy if that is what they want.

Actually I think it's time to bring home the troops from Japan and Germany as that is a hold over from the cold war, not securing democracy.

I also think the GOP is really more interested in securing contracts for Halliburton, wakenhut and other contractors, than securing democracy for Iraq. Our troops are just pawns in their greed and lust for power.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by whaaa]

join