It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i see faces!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I realise the previous poster was not talking about me but I have the ability to continue dreams after waking and going back to sleep. I have to want the dream to continue though!

I have had some amazing dreams, my favourite being when I have had the ability to fly. They are so vivid and real, i 'feel' pain in my dreams and happiness and sadness. On many occasions I have dreamt of people I have not seen in many months and then been contacted by that person on the telephone the next day. Might just be coincidence but who knows?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sometimes when the dreams are really bad I will wake up.I can feel myself still conected and many times i do not want to go back to where i was.
Does any one here have certain characters or places that theyve been to more than once?.Seldom it has happened but i have battled the same thing before and seen it again.Very rarely though.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that see's faces

I agree, there Is readable emotion if I pay attention. I've been seeing faces for so long that I don't even notice them anymore. I went through a period of a couple of years whereI would also see lots of hands from all different angles as I was drifting off to sleep. Funny now to think: I'm a massage therapist, and I didnt connect the two until now!. Erm.. thanks!
Faces most definately are the most common though.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
same thing happens to me sometimes, i am laying down with my eyes shut and umm how do i describe it... lets say go into a different mindstate, i see heaps of stuff swirls, faces of grey aliens people animals everything that either something else or my subconciois is showing me. theres some meditations stuff that matches the descriptions
if i do this long enough, i can induce sleep paralysis and vibrations to ap or something but i havnt gone that far

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
veespec,

Hi. I used to experience the sleep paralysis but became frightened after one disturbing experience- and since then, it has been difficult for me to Will. Do you have a particular technique that you use for this? I know from experience that IF you can bring on the sleep paralysis, you can definately astrally project!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamonian Angel

I see faces too and I did a search in the forum to see if anyone else posted something about it and I found your thread. I am very interested in this phenomenon.

The faces I see are very detailed and sometimes they are smiling and sometimes mean looking. I remember one where it was an old man laughing at me in a mean way, not happy. I opened my eyes to make him disappear and he was still in my sight. Usually they disappear from my sight when I open my eyes though. I see "scenes" too, like I'm in a room with people, but only observing. I don't believe in astral projection though, but sometimes that is what it seems like.

I have always wondered what this is. It's kind of creepy to me, but I take comfort in it too, because it fascinates me and it is part of who I am it seems.

I'm sorry I don't have answers for you but I am happy you started this thread because I am looking for possible answers too.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

SpartanKingLeonidas, why did you ask if he sees faces in wood or objects? I do. It can be so annoying sometimes, I see them in carpets, walls, shower curtains, and yes wood grains too. However, they are not human, they look like beasts or deformed things. I always just assumed it was my active imagination looking for a pattern. I hate patterns. I want randomness sometimes. That is why they annoy me. Oh yeah and I do see faces and other stuff too, when I close my eyes most times.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexxica

Oh yeah some would say it's those hypnogogic (sp?) images, but I am soooo very wide awake sometimes when I see this stuff. It is when I close my eyes. Also, I hear things. One time someone was laughing and I was so tired I just wanted to go to sleep, so it was annoying me. I said "shut UP" and my husband thought I was talking to him... lol So I had to sound like a nut and tell him I was talking to the laughing person/thing/whatever. I probably creeped him out, but he's got his own stuff he deals with, and his stuff really creeps me out. hehe

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by toraylin

I have a few "dream places" that I go back to throughout my life. I feel like they are real. Some good, some bad. Sometimes they change a little and it seems that the world moved on a bit without me, kind of like visiting a place a few years later there are bound to be some changes. I like it. Except the bad stuff of course.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

MagicaRose: I once saw in one of my "visions" (don't know what to call it) a woman and a little girl. The woman was bringing things outside like she was packing a car for a trip while the little girl poked around in the driveway. I saw a man watching them, so I got concerned for the little girl more than anything. He started to move toward her and I didn't know what to do because I knew I was just me in my bed watching them whereever they were. So I yelled 'NO! and the man looked at me and the woman looked at him and ran for her daughter and picked her up frantically and the man turned to run away. That was the end of the vision. Sooooo, I guess I told you that, to say this: If it happens again, try to communicate with them maybe. Or something simple like that, yell about the danger. Oh I didn't yell out loud, it was me in my head/spirit yelling. I also had one where I did see a girl who looked sad/scared/pleading, just with her look, and I just passed on by, it was in a small opening in a wooded area. I pray that one wasn't real. I feel that if it was, she was going to die. I hope she wasn't real.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

Excellent post, DDay. That is very interesting insight. It sounds like what I see/hear. I have seen horrific images too. I just hope they aren't real. I wonder if we could do something in our own way. Why would we see these things if we are helpless? and what about the good things we see? why those? Sometimes I am so happy when I see certain faces and sometimes they scare me or make me sad. Well I have posted a lot of replies in this thread, but I wanted you to know that I appreciate what you wrote.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I also have had the experience of seeing faces and/or events occurring in the moments before I fall asleep or when I am meditating.

My personal feeling is that I and many of you are tapping into the greater consciousness and having a remote viewing type experience.

I don't have much more insight to offer except to say that I think this is a natural ability that has been latent but is beginning to come to the fore and that it is an ability that can be practiced and honed.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hello! I'm so glad you made this post! I've had the same thing happening to me for the past 7 or 8 years or so... maybe longer. I just hadn't posted about it because even though I'm a paranormal investigator, I tend to stick to the scientific and UFO topics on here. Anyway...

When this happens to me, it is when I have taken a light nap and I'm just waking up from it and still have my eyes closed. VERY rarely, I'll do it when I'm dozing off. At first, I thought I was just seeing random faces, until I moved into an old farm house in amish country. I'll tell about my experiences and then I'll give my theory on what I think causes the phenomenon.

As I said before, I have been seeing the faces for a while, but didn't think a whole lot about it at first. I have an active mind anyway and just figured that's what it was causing it. Then, I moved into that old farmhouse. Right off the bat, I started seeing an old man when I would have these experiences. The very first time, I saw only his face with billows of smoke coming from behind him. He had grey hair and a long grey, bushy beard. I thought it was odd. Then as time went by and I would continue to see his face when I was waking up, it would always be the same face, same hair and beard, until one day, I was waking up from a nap (eyes still closed) and actually saw him standing in what was my back yard at the time. He was wearing a black, heavy wool coat, buttoned up and a black brimmed hat. Behind him, there was a big barn and what seemed to be a wood shed to the side. Now, when I lived there, the was another home behind me and no barn, but where the "wood shed" was, is where my garage was. I couldn't understand why in the world I kept seeing this man. THEN, this is what convinced me there was something to it...

As I was waking up one day, I had one of the "visions" or whatever you want to call it, of the old man. He was wearing the same hat as in the vision I had before. I don't like to call them visions, but I guess they kind of are, lol. Anyway, in this one, he was actually moving and working and what really stood out to me was that he was wearing a bright green shirt. He was in the same setting as I had seen him in before, only this time, he was working beside the wood shed. He was also wearing a black vest over the green shirt. I didn't think much of it at that time, but about a week later, we were driving down the road and passed an amish buggy. The guy driving the buggy was wearing a bright green shirt and black vest exactly like the one I had seen on the old guy in my vision. I told my husband (at the time, lol) something like "OMG, look at that guy's green shirt!" Of course, he probably thought I was nuts, but the reason I reacted like that was because I remembered the "vision." He said, "yeah, they wear those this time of year for some reason." So, that is what convinced me that I was probably seeing somebody who used to live there at my place, because it had been amish land long ago. And most of us know that the Amish still dress now exactly the same way they did then.

AND, another thing... I mentioned that the first time I saw the man, I saw him in billows of smoke. I also found out the the first and second houses that had been built there had burned down. So, did the man die in the fire? I don't know, but it was strange.

Later, when we moved to another house (one that is on land that has been owned by my family for years), the visions of the old man stopped completely. Instead, I would see the face of a woman... just like in an old photograph. Her hair was parted in the middle and she was dressed like they would have 100 or so years ago. I saw her twice. I didn't recognize her from any old family photographs, so I don't know if she was a relative or not. I also saw a man wearing overalls, but I couldn't see his face. That was odd, but the majority of the men in my family who lived there years ago wore overalls.

Now, what I think this is, at least in my case, is a form of something called "place memories." Granted it doesn't fully fit the the definition of what most people think place memories are, but I do think it's a form of it. You can google it and see what you find. I think it's almost like seeing a ghost, but instead of seeing it in front of you, you see it in your mind's eye.

That's my theory and it may sound far fetched, but I think it makes sense, lol.

Have you noticed that you see the same people over and over again, or are they always different?

I have more stories I could tell about these faces and people I've seen, but I'll stop for now, because this post has already been long-winded enough, LOL!

S&F for you!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You said : i see faces!!

That's OK, because I see fascists !

Sorry, could't resist ...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I really liked to watch the faces and was treating the show or parade as a normal thing. Then I found out that very few people see them!
So I started watching more carefully and concentrating on the images.
Most often a line of faces but sometimes just faces, then one saw me watching, a woman , she shouted at me but I couldnt hear, she was obviously upset so i left---sat up.

A few weeks went by and all was normal again then another person saw me and sort of shooed me away!

A few weeks ago as I was watching, curiosity getting the better of me, a tablet shaped thing with a "Smiley"but angry face something like these
saw me
It went very angry and headed off my vision to the right.
I just sat up and then went to sleep.
Next night I tried to see faces and the angry smiley was there waiting ---- It sneered at me and vanished ---- so has my ability to see faces!

I can still see shapes and some colors drifting about but no more faces, I feel like I have been robbed.

Help!!!

Tassie Mike

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

you could have eidetic (photographic) memory...nice

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I see people peering at me when I close my eyes. I don't have a vision based imagination (I can't even imagine a shape when I want to). These faces are looking at me and they can see that I see them, it's so vivid, more than any dream I have and I'm fully awake and it happens whenever I try it (i.e. they are there now, I just looked). It's always the same although usually different people and always so extremely vivid. I realized that if I put my arm in front of my face I can no longer see them. Also, while my eyes are closed and my girlfriend blocks my would be field of view they also disappear and she's amazed that I know when she's doing it. I've tried this in pitch darkness too and it's the same. The faces are often quite disturbing and it gives me a feeling of unrest. I've looked through family albums to see if I can recognize anyone but it's not anyone I know. Also the longer I keep looking the bigger the crowd. I feel like they notice me there and find it intriguing that I can see them.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Perhaps some of you are forgetting an important fact: faces are the most important piece of human memory and recognition. When we are born, before we can even "see" as we know it when we're grown, the blurred pattern of our parents' faces imprint themselves on our mind. Even people with terrible memory can usually remember a face (even if they can't place the name). Its an essential, primal part of our cognition. Perhaps when you see a face, its someone you met only in passing, or saw a photo of when you were young, whose face made an impression on you. Your mind could have hard-wired that face into your memory for reasons your conscious mind never understood, and now and then it floats back to the surface.

As to seeing faces in patterns in wood/stucco/curtains and whatnot: I see them too. It also ties in with what I said above: faces are ingrained into our psyche. when you see a jumbled pattern, your mind strives to make order of it. One of the most subconscious patterns your mind can pick out of a random pattern is a face.

Think of it this way though: what about all the portion of that pattern thatdoesn't resemble anything? Your mind didn't assemble them into a pattern, so they are forgotten. But usually, the "face" you see in a pattern is just a tiny portion of the whole jumble. That sounds like the very definition of "coincidence" to me, especially considering that A: the face in a pattern is usually malformed and B: your mind wants to see something there.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yes I see faces, but I see the whole person two, also completely vivid - unlike anything I've ever seen, there's no patterns here, no face in the clouds, this is more clear than a TV, as clear as sight itself with every intricate detail (eg the stitching of a suit, dirt behind fingernails, rings on hands, greasy hair etc) It's all there to see.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have experienced what you are describing for over 10 years now. I never really understood why it happened or how it happened.

For me- i would see tons of random faces- at different angles- sometimes full body shots even- and like you said once you saw the person completely it would change to a different person. Doing random things, Random people.

I imagine it is a type of remote viewing- but i know not how to turn it on or off. I havent experienced it in over a year- but back when i did it was nearly every night before i went to bed.

Thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join