It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to see in Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A friend of mine is visiting paris, brussels, and amsterdam around christmas time. Should be there for a little while.

What do any of you think they have to see?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I suggest he/she skip Brussels and Amsterdam and just visit Paris.

I spent Christmas in Paris (with my then lover) during 1999. It was an incredible experience.

Even though it was raining, it was so romantic. I suggest your friend visit the following locations:

1. The Louvre - although Da Vinci's Mona Lisa is a bit of a let down - it's so small;

2. Arc de Triomphe - a non-stop climb up endless stone steps but well worth it;

3. Eifel Tower - Got a head for heights? A very hard slog to climb the steps to the top, but the sense of achievement - or just cheat and take the lift;

4. A Trip down the Seinne - especially at night with Dinner (evening meal) thrown in - very expensive, rich and superb food, very exclusive and most definately worth it;

5. A visit to Notra Dame - we did not do this, apart from during a night trip down the Seinne - very impressive;

6. A must, is any show at the world renown Les Folies Bergere situated at 32 rue Richer - nothing more I can say;

7. Hundreds of thousands of exquisit French restuarants with amazing food and wine;

8. A trip round Paris at night by open bus to catch all the main sites and the incredible atmosphere.

So much to see and do, and I've just scratched the surface.

A word of caution however. The French Metro is a little confusing at first and Paris is a 'Night' City - it seems to wake up about 8 or 9 o'clock at night and parties on till dawn.

It is also very expensive - but my God! So worth it. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've been to Amsterdam out of that list! and all I've got to say is visit the Coffee shops, you'll never want to go back home!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree if you're friend is a dope head.

If he/she is after culture, excellent wine, brilliant food and bonhomie, then Paris during Xmas and the New Year is the place to be.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I love Amsterdam! Of course the coffee shops are a no-brainer (pun intended)

Hanging out in the Vondelpark is awesome, the Rijksmuseum is great (don't miss Nachtwatch)...Anne Frank Huis is moving, just walking around the canals, the red light district is interesting...the many nightclubs (pick up a copy of Time Out Amsterdam), the wonderful old bars like the Wildeman in the city center (these old bars are great, no music, no tvs like in the U.S., just everyone talking and getting to know everyone else). Eat at a Indonesian rijstaffle (rice table) place one night, they're fantastic.

So much, wish I was going...I have great friends I met there, it's a really friendly place if you get to know the locals.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nygdan, what happened when your friend visited Europe over the festive season.

Did he have a good time?

Where he go and what he see?

top topics

join