It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Politics: Man accused of shooting officer was under firearms ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Gun control at it's best.

A 40-year-old man with a history of disputes with police has been arraigned on a charge of first-degree murder in the shooting death of Const. Valérie Gignac in Laval, north of Montreal.

François Pepin had been charged repeatedly with issuing death threats and harassing police officers and court workers. He was under a ten-year court order barring him from possessing firearms, the CBC's Amanda Pfeffer reports from Laval.
François Pepin

Despite the ban, which dated from 1999, he had asked for, and was granted, permission to use a gun for hunting during the fall season.

That is just great. A firearm ban, yet he can get a gun to hunt?

That makes no sense. It is like giving keys to someone that lost their license just so they can drive on new years eve.

You wouldnt give someone that lost their right to drive keys for a night of driving would you? It just does not make sense.

Shot through an apartment door

Police union officials told reporters it was "highly disturbing" that a man forbidden to possess firearms would be permitted to have one under any circumstances.

Const. Gignac, 25, was shot through an apartment door shortly after she and her partner reached the scene of a noisy quarrel in the northern district of Laval des Rapides on Wednesday morning.

She wore a flak vest but the bullets apparently passed through or below it. Such vests may stop a pistol bullet but offer limited protection against more powerful rifle rounds.

We will have to see if he registered his guns.

www.cbc.ca...

This makes me sick.

Rest in peace.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm shaking my head here. That's just absolutely ridiculous.

Whoever granted him permission to use a gun for 'hunting' should be in big trouble.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hooray for gun control!

See how well it works? Anyone who's ever read the Firearms Act would cry in disbelief. It's such absolute, contradictory, nonsense.

DE

join