It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What I saw is hard to describe, It looked like a giant drop of water. It was a light as bright as a 747 jet, coming head on. At the same time the light was not blinding. It was heading straight down as fast as a waterfall. It looked as if somone took a giant knife and ripped the very fabric of space/time. Out came this large white ball of light just falling down.

It was wonderfull this is the second time now. The first one shot across the sky in a straight line. It looked the same and appeared out of nowhere.

In both these cases I was staring at the night sky and it came out just where I was allways looking.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
when and where did this happen? It is possible that you witness a particulary bright shooting star since we are currently in the Geminids meteor shower. It could also be a meteor that landed somewhere on earth, did you hear any sounds with this sighting?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No sound at all. Not last night but the night before at 2:30am PST it was seen right through my bedroom window near the tops of the trees that I have beside my house. The other one I saw 27-Jul-2005 (10:40 pm) I live in Canada, BC.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sounds like another Fireball sighting.

Did it look like this?
www.ebaumsworld.com...

This is called a Fireball. Sometimes it moves faster or slower, and appears green or white. Essentially, it's a shooting star - but larger.

So unfortunately no, it's not a UFO sighting.

I have a feeling posts like these are going to become common place during the meteor shower...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ya it was like that, without the flash and it was more like a ball rather than a long streak.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I found a report of a similar sighting in Michigan, the timing doesn't work out to be the same, but it sounds very much like yours.

Meteor brightens EUP skies

EASTERN UPPER PENINSULA - A smattering of early risers across a wide area of the Eastern Upper Peninsula were startled by the brilliant light from a falling meteor or some “space junk” in the northern sky about 6:05 a.m. today.

The bright light traced a lightning-fast path over the northern horizon from west to east, briefly and silently illuminating the dark winter sky for a few seconds in the pre-dawn cold.

One witness, Dixie MacArthur, said the object's path appeared to skim the treeline from west to east, making no sound as it flashed through the sky. Other similar reports were made by the few other observers up and out of doors when the brightly-burning object crossed the sky.

Seems like quite a few meteor sightings these days. I myself witnessed about 8 shooting stars, but they were all part of the Geminids shower on Tuesday night.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, I would expect more sightings during an area of meteor activity.

Then again, it could just be that people are outside more, looking at the sky more, or people are just in the right place at the right time.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thanks for all your reply's guys. I advise everyone to behold the wonder that is these amazing showers.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by DarkCyrus]

new topics

top topics

join