It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homo Giganticus - Our Giant Relatives

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
What about bones of the Gigantopithecus being mistaken as human. They walked on their hands like gorillas but were also capable of walking upright.

Scientist cant really say for sure how the thing walked. If they do they are blowing hot air. All we have right now of Gigantopithecus is some lower jaw bones and lots of teeth not alot to go on. That stuff can give you information to make a good guess of the animals size and tell you it was related to the apes, but tells you nothing of how it walked. Its really all guess work with that so far.

I agree though If humans found a skull of one or other bones of a Gigantopithecus it could easily be thought of as a Giant human.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

Originally posted by dbrandt

The Bible says they were the result of fallen angels having offspring with human women. This was an attempt to totally corrupt the human gene pool so that the Savior could not be born.

Proof of this is where?

Genesis ch.6 and other books of the OT

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So were these sons of God jesus's heavenly brothers?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

So were these sons of God jesus's heavenly brothers?

Jesus has always been, He wasn't created. sons of God is a reference to angels, who are created beings.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure how much of the Gigantopithecus was found. I guess as soon as they find an intact pelvis and thigh bones they should be able to find out how it moved. In all the pictures I have seen it looks like a "Wookie" to me or maybe what has been described as a Bigfoot or Yeti. Since they are all pretty much conjecture I will have to wait to see what they really look like.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I believe there were very most likely giant humans pre ice age for the simple reason that just about every animal during that period was massive. Everything seemed to have been three times the size of today. I read about it somewhere. Giant dragon flies, ant eaters, rhinoscerouses, horses, predator cats, mammoths. You name it and it was huge.

I have kept saying to myself that I must do some more research on this. Also because I have a suspiscion (only an unproven theory) that perhaps some of the animals of today did not exist pre-ice age but in a different form, you know, like three-toes horses instead of normal ones, mammoths instead of elephants, sabre-tooth tigers instead of tigers.

Perhaps, perhaps, there is no gradual evolution of one species into another (but perhaps a refinement within a species), but a sudden one were some of the old forms are slightly changed. I believe it could have to do with some sudden planetary environmental change. What I don't know.

Shifting of the Earth's axis?
Electro-magnetic change?
asteroid?
planet venus?

No idea.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

And in order to feed a civilization of giants, wouldn't they have had to have massive farms and ranches?

No, they just ate bigger portions & thats why it states (in the bible) they started eating humans because they started to run out of food. I dont think they were 30' tall, more like 7 -8 feet and like a game of telephone, the myths made them out to be much bigger than they were after more people told the story & time went on.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
I wasn't really sure how much of the Gigantopithecus was found. I guess as soon as they find an intact pelvis and thigh bones they should be able to find out how it moved. In all the pictures I have seen it looks like a "Wookie" to me or maybe what has been described as a Bigfoot or Yeti. Since they are all pretty much conjecture I will have to wait to see what they really look like.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Its really such a interesting creature I mean a Giant Ape "cousin" of ours. Plus even more interesting it lived along side early modern man,Thats some pretty cool stuff. Theres so much we dont know about it though. Like why exactly it died out. The best I can uncover about that is the experts really have no clue right now just a few theories back up by no real evidence.

Ancient memories passed down through generations in humans of such animals could indeed be part of where Giants stories came from.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Shadow88,
Do you have something to back up the existence of giants?
Giants are mentioned in many mythos around the world and by many cultures but to date there have been no evidence to support that they ever were here.
The legends of the Cyclops has been chalked up to earlier people finding elephant skulls which look remarkably like what a Cyclops would lok like. Do a google search for pix and you will see what I mean.
The Troll probably has a similar origion as the cyclops where the scandanavians mis-interpetd fossils that they found lying around
There is no evidence of the christian god either but people treat the bible as fact and not mythology..
My point.. Just because you do not have proof of something does not mean that a writing is a myth only that it is PROBABLY a myth.
Proof is a very fickle thing in finding sometimes

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeea

And in order to feed a civilization of giants, wouldn't they have had to have massive farms and ranches?

No, they just ate bigger portions & thats why it states (in the bible) they started eating humans because they started to run out of food. I dont think they were 30' tall, more like 7 -8 feet and like a game of telephone, the myths made them out to be much bigger than they were after more people told the story & time went on.
Could you please reference the book, chapter and verse in which that is stated.. because I have never seen it..
If this is just something someone told you.. always confirm what you hear before repeating it if thats the case.. because that is how baseless rumors get spread.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well there is one difinitive point. All points, biblical references, Mayan calender, Sumerian texts etc, All point to 2012 - 2013 as the date that either Nibiru will shoot past earth, or the Annunaki will return. If not, advanced human cousins will pretty much be permanently be put to rest after 2013.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Well there is one difinitive point. All points, biblical references, All point to 2012 - 2013[/

Could you please give the reference for this as I would like to look at them.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Found some interesting stuff about 2012 actually....

December 21 - Marks the beginning of the Winter Solstice at 11:11 UTC

Now im not one to buy into the paranormal, but isnt 11:11 supposed to have some weird significance? kind of odd that the winter solstice starts december 21st at 11 minutes past 11......

December 21 - End of the great cycle of the Maya calendar's Long Count and a 26,000 year planetary cycle in the Aztec calendar, and thus the alleged end of this Baktun.

Represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way and dark band visible at night) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree.

Interesting, yet still little meaning....heres something.

The predicted 2012 geomagnetic reversal of the Earth's poles (in conjunction with a solar-magnetic-reversal) brings into question the Schumann resonance of Earth and the human biophysical response to such an electromagnetic shift. It is believed that this "geomagnetic reversal" last occurred some 780,000 years ago.

What strikes me as odd, is that on december 21st, 2012, 11:11, on the winter solstice, the end of the Mayan calender to the day, at the point of possible geomagnetic pole reversal, and a possible ascension of mankind(:puz
, all these crazy things are on exactly the same date. Whats up with that?

Finally here is a shocking theory.

Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory (No the name is serious) claims that time is a fractal wave of increasing novelty that ends abruptly in 2012.

I woulad hate for that to be the case

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Guys, this thread is about giant apes... not about 2012. Please keep to topic.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Found some interesting stuff about 2012 actually....

I'm still waiting for the Biblical references, that is my area of interest. Please tell me soon, I'm waiting.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If you are asking from a biblical context, the giants were referred to as nephelim. The offsring between an angel and human female. To the authenticity I can not confirm.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I'm still waiting for the Biblical references, that is my area of interest. Please tell me soon, I'm waiting.

The Bible stuff I'm waiting for is the verses that say something will shoot by the earth in 2012-2013?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join