It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homo Giganticus - Our Giant Relatives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Giant. Accounts of a race of giants have appeared in more places around the world than most apparently mythical creatures.

The Troll, the Cyclops, The Gods of the aztecs, greeks, Brazilian tales of a tribe of giants from a far off land.

We have come to uncover skeletons of Giants, that were so not due to any hormone disorder. The Bible, the Torah, History of many nations contains numerous records of a race of giants, much more powerful than ourselves.

All across the globe we find today, numerous structures that experts say "no modern crane could lift into place" and.or that "they simply could not build at the time". Who built them??

What if there was a third race, alongside Homo sapiens and Neanderthals, Homo Giganticus/ And what if they had become as intelligent as we are, if not far more so, long before we could build houses, use complex tools etc?

What if they left earth? Also google the Annunaki, the sumerians call the celestial giants.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Though these linked below past topics may be old, they have some great information and discussion in them; will certainly add to this current topic discussion.

Show about Giants on the History Channel.
The Sons of God and the Nephilim
Giants

seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Shadow88,
Do you have something to back up the existence of giants?
Giants are mentioned in many mythos around the world and by many cultures but to date there have been no evidence to support that they ever were here.
The legends of the Cyclops has been chalked up to earlier people finding elephant skulls which look remarkably like what a Cyclops would lok like. Do a google search for pix and you will see what I mean.
The Troll probably has a similar origion as the cyclops where the scandanavians mis-interpetd fossils that they found lying around

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not counting some examples of allopatric speciation, I can't think of any examples of the genus Homo which fall outside the size envelope of people existing today. And I am not aware of ANY evidence for extinct or extant giants of the genus Homo, although there have been large (I believe) Sinanthropus as well as everyone's favorite peace-critter, Paranthropus boisei.

But I don't know of any evidence for gigantic humans that I'd take to the bank.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
scientific evidence is probably arguable to say the least, but there has been numerous reports of extremely large bones and footprints found suggesting that giants did exist.

Steve Quayle's website has this great pic of what I would call giants, but I'm only 5'2 and scientifically these guys would be proven as your above average homosapien I believe.
but take a look and delve a little deeper for some more fascinating info

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I refer you to this website, it is an excellent source of information on this topic.

- www.mysteriousworld.com...

I recommend it.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Something very interesting Ive noticed when studying ancienct civs. They all have two things in common(That I have noticed so far) in their creation stories. Giants and a great flood. And one theory states, the pre the great flood, there was ice in our atmosphere, giving the atmosphere more oxygen and more oxygen caused some people to be much larger than average. And that the great flood was caused by the melting of this ice that was in our atmosphere. Anyone else ever heard anything like this? If anyone has and I have missed anything or am incorrect on anything, let me know.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The Annunaki apparently, the race of giants which appears in the majority of creation stories, were supposed to have advanced far beyond homo sapiens whilest we were still monkey-men.

Heres an interesting piece of info.

Sumerian: “those who came down from the heavens”; Old testament Hebrew, Anakeim, Nefilim, Elohim; Egyptian: Neter), an advanced civilization from the tenth planet in our solar system, splashed down in the Persian gulf area around 432,000 years ago, colonized the planet, with the purpose of obtaining large quantities of gold. Some 250,000 years ago, the recovered documents tell us, their lower echelon miners rebelled against the conditions in the mines and the Anunnaki directorate decided to create a creature to take their place. Enki, their chief scientist and Ninhursag their chief medical officer, after getting no satisfactory results splicing animal and Homo Erectus genes, merged their Anunnaki genes with that of Homo Erectus and produced us, Homo Sapiens, a genetically bicameral species, for their purposes as slaves. Because we were a hybrid, we could not procreate. The demand for us as workers became greater and we were genetically manipulated to reproduce.
Link

The story goes that the Annunaki came from the 12th planet. A while back a sumerian tablet was found displaying a clear image of our solar system, all (12 on the tablet) planets circled the Sun.

Now how could a population of Sumerians who lived thousands of years before standard history have knowledge of the cosmos, when pluto wasnt even discovered by our scientists, using advanced technology, until 1930?

What interests me so greatly about the Annunaki myth is how it fits in so much contraversial topics. UFO's, Atlantis, Giants, Gods, our sudden evolutionary acceleration etc.

The recovered Enuma Elish document, a history of the formation of our solar system and more, says that, at the time when Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus and Saturn were in place, there was a Uranus sized planet, called Tiamat, in orbit between Mars and Jupiter. Earth was not in place yet. A large wandering planet, called Nibiru, was captured into the system gravitationally. As it passed by the outer planets it caused the anomalies of their moons, the tilting of Uranus on its side, the dislodging of Pluto from its being a moon of Saturn to its own planetary orbit. Its path bent by the gravitational pull of the large planets, first its satellites collided with the large planet Tiamat and, on a second orbit through, Nibiru collided with Tiamat, driving the larger part of it into what is now Earth’s orbit to recongeal as Earth, dragging its moon with it to become our Moon with all its anomalies.

The following link contains masses of info (not overwhelming dont worry) and articles on the Annunaki. Zacharia Hitchin is the formost expert on artifacts, archeological finds, the facts and myths behind the Annunaki.

It is amazing, once you start to read into the annuaki. It seems the more you find out the more questions you have. They appear in almost every ancient text around the globe, in some way or another. Large skeleton burials (embalmed) have been found all across the world. Who were they? and where did they come from?

Annunaki and the 12th planet

Gods from outer space?

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I think most the Giant human/Hero bones were infact the misidentified bones of other animals such as Elephants, Wooly Mamoths etc... You might be suprised how you can arrange those bones to make a human like creature. The hole for the Elephant's trunk really looks like a giant single eye socket if you dont know what your looking at, Bingo Cyclops. People would find say a elephant leg bone which looks alot like a human leg bone only massive and say this must have come from a Giant human. Thus legends are born.

I think these are also one of the main reason we have dragon legends all over the world. In that case it Dinosuar bones to blame but thats a topic for another thread.

The only real Giant relative we might have IMHO was "Gigantapithacus blackeye" (spelling?) He stood about 9 ft tall and weighed in at 1000lbs and lived along side early humans in asia.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
What if there was a third race, alongside Homo sapiens and Neanderthals, Homo Giganticus/ And what if they had become as intelligent as we are, if not far more so, long before we could build houses, use complex tools etc?

Ah, but wouldn't they would have left a LOT of giant-sized ruins? Houses that are simply too big for humans to function in, and incredibly large/wide roads?

And in order to feed a civilization of giants, wouldn't they have had to have massive farms and ranches? You can't have much of a civilization of hunter-gatherers, because they have to keep moving in order to find things to eat. Imagine a tribe of 10,000 modern humans trying to move all across the United States ... wouldn't they pretty much destroy the environment and each other (just imagine the effects and smell and traffic jams when everyone gets up and goes out for their morning poop)?

If they lived in one place, they'd have massive piles of garbage (including stuff that gets lost and stuff sent to their equivalent of the landfill.) They'd need gigantic structures to live in. Think of our modern houses... regular shapes (to within a few millimeters), standardized plans, set up by civic planning (to make sure roads go where they need to go and people aren't putting their garages in the middle of a street that leads to the hospital),

And then there's the infrastructure. Any advanced society seems to consume a lot of water (as do farming societies.) So there'd be lots of water pipes and canals (as we see in old Roman ruins) to bring the water to the people.

I don't think it's possible to miss something that huge. Misidentify for awhile, yes... but it'd be impossible to miss with satellite imagery.

And since that's not all that long ago (30,000-40,000 years ago) that you're talking about, we should be finding at least as many skeletons as we have of the Neanderthals (several hundred Neanderthal skeletons and partials) ...

There aren't any bones.

Shadow's right about some skeletons being rearranged to look human. I recall seeing one elephant skeleton that was rearranged (we may be thinking of the same thing) to make the case for a giant human cyclops existing.

What if they left earth? Also google the Annunaki, the sumerians call the celestial giants.

I don't believe the Sumerians ever called them that. Sitchin calls them that... but that isn't proof that any Sumerian ever referred to them or thought of them as that.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The bible in genusis speaks of "giants".................perhaps it was such giants that built giant things like pyramids, sphinx, etc.........

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Is the home of 20ft men?

Giant doesn't just mean physically big.

And doesn't the Bibilical reference read something like "there were giants in those days, men of renown".

So they were actually men. And they were famous. Just like the New York Giants.....

(edit - for some reason the picture won't show, but I guess you can tell what it is from the url - Giant's Stadium, NJ )

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Essan]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
And doesn't the Bibilical reference read something like "there were giants in those days, men of renown".

Excellent question. I looked it up in one of the better Biblical concordances online: www.blueletterbible.com...

What the verse says is "n@phiyl" (which we give as "Nephelim")
www.blueletterbible.org...

One of the renditions of "giants" is, indeed, "men of reknown."

There are two words that are translated in the King James Bible as "giants" -- so your suspicion that one of them may NOT mean "men of large statue" is correct. In newer translations, they keep the Nephelim (which is sort of "untranslateable") in the sections where "n@phiyl" was first translated as "giant." They keep the word "giant" where the Hebrew word "rapha'" was written.

(I looked up the verses on Goliath, and interestingly, nowhere is he described using either of the words for giant.)

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
... wouldn't they pretty much destroy the environment and each other (just imagine the effects and smell and traffic jams when everyone gets up and goes out for their morning poop)?

....text removed about roads, homes, and hospitals....

I don't think it's possible to miss something that huge. Misidentify for awhile, yes... but it'd be impossible to miss with satellite imagery.

Thank you Byrd I laughed my butt off... first your talking about poop, then satellite imagery.

Seriously though, if these giants were in fact from another planet, I don't think they were worried about where they were going to put their garbage. They may lived out of their ships, and had a trash compacter onboard, as well as a food synthesizer, and medical equipment.

There's no bones because they did not or could not die, and left the planet in their ships when they got their gold.
So you see... no physical evidence is required.
Convienent ain't it?

Giants "could" just mean "men of re-known" but then what does Nephilim really mean? Sounds like a different race to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Giant's haven't ever been recovered, not anything spectacular. Except frauds, like the Cardiff "petrified" Giant.
external image

(apparently there were two made)

I think that there are two reasonable sources for the stories about giants.

One is that people like to remember the past as being a spectacular golden age, and figure that men were giants.

The other is that men come across fossils weathering out of the ground, just like today. Many of these fossils resemble human body parts, except are gigantic, thus leading to the beleife in giant humans and cyclops, etc. And also other mythical monsters.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Great pictures you posted Nygdan

The Griffon is also a great example of this. That dinosaur forgot its name is also found in the area where the Griffin stories orginated.

The skull with the beak in size and shape is a dead ringer for a Griffin. If I found one of those sticking out from a rock thousands of years ago and had no concept of millions of years or extinction I would think that from a amazing bird like creature was living somwhere around the area.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

We have come to uncover skeletons of Giants,

These skeletons were discovered in the 19th century. I doubt you will find a nonhoaxed giant skeleton found within the last 50 years.

All across the globe we find today, numerous structures that experts say "no modern crane could lift into place" and.or that "they simply could not build at the time". Who built them??

We did

This is pure speculation and no facts. A true scholar like yourself would have done better research instead of posting old material and not having any links

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The Giant. Accounts of a race of giants have appeared in more places around the world than most apparently mythical creatures.

The Bible, the Torah, History of many nations contains numerous records of a race of giants, much more powerful than ourselves.

The Bible says they were the result of fallen angels having offspring with human women. This was an attempt to totally corrupt the human gene pool so that the Savior could not be born.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What about bones of the Gigantopithecus being mistaken as human. They walked on their hands like gorillas but were also capable of walking upright. Being an ape-type animal of large size, it would be easy to think that such bones were from human giants. They were not as large as King Kong, but I heard a program say that the DVD they plan on releasing will have information in the Special Features section about Gigantopithecus and how it is dated by a prof. from McMaster U. here in Hamilton.

www.uiowa.edu...

"The next development came in 1965 with the discovery of twelve Gigantopithecus teeth at Wuming, a few hours' drive north of Nanning. These teeth were significantly larger than their counterparts from Liucheng, and the other animal fossils found with them suggested that the site was considerably younger (current estimates are that Liucheng is one million years old and that Wuming is between 300,000 and 400,000 years old). This suggested, first, that Gigantopithecus was around as a species for a considerable period, and second, that it may have become larger as the species evolved. This is a trend seen in other large mammals that evolved during the Pleistocene epoch, 1.8 million to 12,000 years ago.
A striking confirmation of both points was the discovery three years later that a smaller, earlier form of the giant ape had once inhabited northern India. In 1968, a farmer came forward with three pieces of a jawbone he had found twenty-four years before, when he was a boy of twelve working in his father's field. The specimen was identified by primatologist Elwyn Simons as belonging to a distinct species, Gigantopithecus giganteus, about half the size of Gigantopithecus blacki. The new species was not only smaller but also more ancient, coming from sediments that have been dated (by paleomagnetic reversals) to about 6.3 million years ago."

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

The Bible, the Torah, History of many nations contains numerous records of a race of giants, much more powerful than ourselves.

The Bible says they were the result of fallen angels having offspring with human women. This was an attempt to totally corrupt the human gene pool so that the Savior could not be born.

Proof of this is where?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join