It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Zarqawi was in custody then released!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
us.cnn.com...

Hussain Kamal confirmed that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- the al Qaeda in Iraq leader who has a $25 million bounty on his head -- was in custody at some point last year, but he wouldn't provide further details.

A U.S. official couldn't confirm the report, but said he wouldn't dismiss it.

wow they actually had the mystery one legged man! and let him go.........

this is unbelievable!

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
us.cnn.com...

Hussain Kamal confirmed that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- the al Qaeda in Iraq leader who has a $25 million bounty on his head -- was in custody at some point last year, but he wouldn't provide further details.

A U.S. official couldn't confirm the report, but said he wouldn't dismiss it.

wow they actually had the mystery one legged man! and let him go.........

this is unbelievable!

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Perfect stranger]

You're surprised? You don't think the uber terrorist himself will be easy to catch. Catch him? You can barely kill him
. Then again, he has been caught a few times before, but he turns into a blob and oozes out of the jails every time. When they kill him, he kills the would be killers with his uber terrorist soul, comes back into his body, grows 10 inch claws and fangs and advices Al-CIAda on more terror attacks.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hrrrm.. im still trying to figure out wether Im beleiving or not..

I mean... how did they not know the guy they had was alzarqawi?
are they just rounding up hords of people, then throwing them into a crowded cellar?
or do they interrogate them, see how many legs they have.. watch them in public to see how prisoners interact with them?

what about the PHOTOS the us supposidly had?
Wouldnt the US fingerprint and DNA test the people it captures?, specially when they have his DNA and fingerprints on file?

Was he found ALONE? in a home with a lady and child asleep down the hallway?.. or was he captured with a few dozen beefed up security men hiding away in a basement with maps of iraq?

IF this guy is who the US says he is... the circumstances around his capture SHOULD of been enough for them to realise he's a big fish, big enough to be tested, and brought before a linup... or atleast SOMETHING!..

... on the other hand...
Maybe the US Government really has HIRED Alzarqawi, and are using him as a puppet to draw Iran into the war, or atleast prolong the Iraq war?... could someone of found some proof, some evidence, maybe some footage of zarqawi exiting a van inside the US greenzone?
And the US has decided to throw this quick spin out there, to counteract any similar scenario accusations?

It doesnt make sense..
just like everything else since sept10,

I say its possible, because the level of stupidity the US has shown to date suggests this could happen..
then again, the suspicous occurings seem to represent something else going on.

who really has a F'n Clue?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
this is actually old news, from January of this year, I believe.

I have to wonder why CNN is bringing this up now? or did another incident happened and Al-zarqawi got away for second time while in custody.

[edit on 12-15-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I mean c'mon, how may one legged terrorists are there in Iraq? Anyway, if this story is indeed true, I’m thinking incompetence and improper procedure on the part of the Iraqi Police lead to his escape.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, I would suspect that CNN is stuck in stupid mode.
They, along with the New York Times, mistakenly reported that Iran was trucking in forged ballots into Iraq yesterday, and today they are running a story, as you mentioned, that ran in January.

Furthermore, this Kamal character that CNN is using as a source is indeed a character:
Hussein Kamal + iraq

I am of the honest opinion that CNN would buy in on anything as long as it made either made Bush or the situation in Iraq look bad. Nothing new here from CNN, nothing.

seekerof

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What good would an Al-Zarqawi or a Bin Laden do us locked up?

They are the backrop for this war on terror, remember?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

No, I don't remember, but there's no point in asking you to prove your claim, you just post your theories and can’t support them.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hee Hee, in case you forgot, Osama? We can find anyone in the world but this cave hopping maniac?

Al-Zarqawi, one legged? Please, this doesnt need much explanation.

We find their right hand men (How many are there anyways?
but we cant find the head honchos.

Elementary.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
look, they brought him in, gave him a TO-DO list for next year and let him go do his job, that is if this famous Zarkawi even exists

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
this is actually old news, from January of this year, I believe.

I have to wonder why CNN is bringing this up now? or did another incident happened and Al-zarqawi got away for second time while in custody.

[edit on 12-15-2005 by worldwatcher]

I was pointing this out on another borad. This is year old news they are re running because they need to balance out all the good news out of Iraq today.

www.newshounds.us...

Al Zarqawi Captured in Fallujah Then Released

The following story was reported for Voice of America by Alisha Ryu (1/24/05)

BAGHDAD: A suicide bomber from Saudi Arabia, who survived a failed attempt to blow up the Jordanian mission Baghdad in December, alleges that Iraqi police may have captured, and then released, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, two months ago. Both U.S. and Iraqi officials could not confirm the claims made by the suicide bomber. [Comment: American military sources have just confirmed this story, saying Zarqawi was in custody and released either through bungling or because the Iraqi police were sympathetics to his cause.

More proof the media is pushing a certain image of the war. Why would they re run an old story? Especially on a day when Iraq has having so much good news.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Good news would be if there was no Patriot Act, no spying of US citizens, Dick Cheney's retirement, you get the picture.

Are you saying we dont matter, only the "war" matters? The voting went well? Good for them.
What matters is US. Plain and simple.

And...its a royal mess here

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Good news would be if there was no Patriot Act, no spying of US citizens, Dick Cheney's retirement, you get the picture.

Are you saying we dont matter, only the "war" matters? The voting went well? Good for them.

'

You almost seem bitter about it going well. Is this because a successful Iraq means you were not only wrong and Bush would be redeemed? The very thought just churns your stomach doesn’t it?

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's not just CNN:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Emmanuel Goldstein is having another two minutes hate.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Not sure if CNN deserves the sole blame for this rehash of news, because google shows that a few others including the international media are running with this again as if we didn't know about it.

This just confirms for me at least that both sides or should I say all sides of this political warfare are playing with the propaganda machine in our media in a not so subtle way. Free press, Journalism, the Media in general is at its lowest point and standard ever!! It's no longer about "news" and "facts" but about opinions, conjecture and political warfare.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Continuing Adventures of Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist: Episode 28

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Hey, this guy with only one leg looks kinda familiar.

Iraq Security Guy Mohammed: Hey yeah, I was thinking that too.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: You there, with the missing leg. What's your name?

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: Umm...Bob.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Bob, ey? Hmm...that's an unusual name for an Arabic man.

Iraq Security Guy Mohammed: I got it! He look's like that al-Zarqawi!

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist (waving hand in a smooth motion): I am not the droid you are looking for.

Iraq Security Guy Abu (in monotonal voice): This is not the droid we are looking for.

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: You will release me.

Iraq Security Guy Abu (still in monotonal voice): We will release him.

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: You will give me $50 and that last slice of pizza over there.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Ok, now you just took it too far.

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: Oh, alright, can we just do the release part then?

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Sure. There ya go. See you around, eh?

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist runs away.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: What a nice guy... ... ... ...HEY!!

But it was too late...

Tune in next time when Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist threatens the free world with a nuclear bomb made out of Twinkies!

==============================

This two minutes of hate was proudly brought to you by CNN, and Orwellian Productions.

[edit on 2005-12-16 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't know which is funnier...

This...

Originally posted by WestPoint23

No, I don't remember, but there's no point in asking you to prove your claim, you just post your theories and can’t support them.

Or this...

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
The Continuing Adventures of Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist: Episode 28

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Hey, this guy with only one leg looks kinda familiar.

Iraq Security Guy Mohammed: Hey yeah, I was thinking that too.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: You there, with the missing leg. What's your name?

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: Umm...Bob.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Bob, ey? Hmm...that's an unusual name for an Arabic man.

Iraq Security Guy Mohammed: I got it! He look's like that al-Zarqawi!

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist (waving hand in a smooth motion): I am not the droid you are looking for.

Iraq Security Guy Abu (in monotonal voice): This is not the droid we are looking for.

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: You will release me.

Iraq Security Guy Abu (still in monotonal voice): We will release him.

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: You will give me $50 and that last slice of pizza over there.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Ok, now you just took it too far.

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist: Oh, alright, can we just do the release part then?

Iraq Security Guy Abu: Sure. There ya go. See you around, eh?

Al-Zarqawi Superterrorist runs away.

Iraq Security Guy Abu: What a nice guy... ... ... ...HEY!!

But it was too late...

Tune in next time when Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist threatens the free world with a nuclear bomb made out of Twinkies!

==============================

This two minutes of hate was proudly brought to you by CNN, and Orwellian Productions.

[edit on 2005-12-16 by wecomeinpeace]

I'll go with quote 1, but only by a nose. How is it that Bin Laden is implicated as mastermind THE NEXT DAY, but Westpoint has no idea what Bin Laden has to do with the WOT?
How is it that Bin Laden was the most wanted terrorist in the world, for committing the most heinous terrorist act against the US, but he has no link to the WOT?

And, Peace...

Hey, Peace, in the next episode Abu will reveal his new terrorist shapeshifting power, thus solving the mystery of why OBL doesn't look the same on all his tapes and of why they can't catch him. Then, he's going to fart nukes and barf chemical weapons on the coalition forces and Israel, who'll blame Iran...

cjf

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Originally posted by dgtempe

'

You almost seem bitter about it going well. Is this because a successful Iraq means you were not only wrong and Bush would be redeemed? The very thought just churns your stomach doesn’t it?

Perhaps, placing this may help...."We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." --G.B. Shaw

Every ‘silver lining’ has a ‘dark, dark cloud’…etc…

[edit on 17-12-2005 by cjf]

new topics

top topics

join